PDA

View Full Version : Thank you...

OverkillZJ
06-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Thank you to everyone who took the better part of the day on Sunday morning to help me get my buggy off of the trail. Also a huge thanks to TheDentist (Brian) for lending me his lifted turbo 250 in order to get it, my Suburban never would've made it over the shelf road.

The buggy is at Moab outpost getting repaired (and improved for what I skimped on due to time constraints.) I got the trailer repaired yesterday, and I'm about to go replace the vacuum / turbo pump on my truck.
I brought three things here to Moab and they're all busted, only I would consider this a vacation!

BigDaveZJ
06-13-2006, 11:25 AM
x2

Thanks for everyone who helped us out.

One of the things I found that was really cool, when we first got to the buggy (I was on the "advance team" to make sure no one fawked with the buggy) there was a note in the driver seat asking if Matt needed any help. There really are a lot of very cool people in this sport.

I have some pics of the recovery up on MallCrawlin's server already, but don't have time to post them before I go to work.

zjmike4
06-14-2006, 02:59 AM
And thank you Matt for taking the time to even help me in the middle of you taking care of your thing too. The walk from Moab 4x4 Outpost to Carquest and back probably would not have been fun and you really helped out a lot by taking the time to taxi me around. thanks!

Krash80
06-14-2006, 03:29 AM
You're not welcome...I changed a tire on the trashcan while you loaded the buggy. :flipoff2:

Kraqa
06-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Your welcome.

Now lower your god damn ride height. and for gods sake. with 42's you shoudl have 9/16" bolts at a minimum. i woudln't feel save with out 5/8" in there if it was me. Oh ya, and centralize yoru upper link on your front axle that will minimize the shearing load on the bolt. or use two uppers.

OverkillZJ
06-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Your welcome.

Now lower your god damn ride height. and for gods sake. with 42's you shoudl have 9/16" bolts at a minimum. i woudln't feel save with out 5/8" in there if it was me. Oh ya, and centralize yoru upper link on your front axle that will minimize the shearing load on the bolt. or use two uppers.

You do not know when to stop. Now would be a good time.

If you'd stop talking out of your ass and actually crawl under the rig I know inside out, you'd understand why it is at the lowest possible ride height with the current Clayton's suspension setup. That's simply how it is. The majority of the "lift" is tire height. There is 5" of up travel before the arms bottom on the frame rails, REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU MOUNT THE CONTROL ARM MOUNTS.

When you learn how to defy gravity and be in two places at one time though, I'll listen. Until then, leave me the fawk alone about what I should and shouldn't do with my rushed and untested rig.

Thank you (for shutting the hell up.)

Kraqa
06-15-2006, 01:21 AM
Matt. look at where your arms are mounted on the axle. If you can figure a way how to mount them lower. *cough* below the axle then. maybe you should get smaller tires....fuck you very much. lol

:flipoff2:

OverkillZJ
06-15-2006, 01:38 AM
The arms hit the frame rails at the same time the steering ram hits the oil pan. Like I said, LOOK UNDER THE RIG AND SHUT UP, IT DOES NOT WORK, PERIOD.

I'm not kidding around here, the last thing I need to hear right now is how I should or shouldn't have built it . The fact of the matter is due to time I skimped, and what's done is done. Now shut th ehell up and go enjoy your own god damn rig, leave me the hell alone.

This thread was to thank those for helping me, not asking for your two freaking cents which I'd rather you shove up your arse right now.

Thank you.

dasVettemeister
06-15-2006, 02:52 AM
Buahahahahahahaha!!!

LouisianaZJ
06-15-2006, 02:58 AM
should have gone with RE4.5" short arms and 31's :banned:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
06-15-2006, 08:49 AM
I am patenting your "on-demand camber" system soon as i buggy mine. The first top loader D60 I've ever seen. :D

Did the outpost get it taken care of Matt?

OverkillZJ
06-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Ya Outpost did some good work quickly at a fair price. They left some of the easier stuff for me to handle myself, which after I fix my fracking tow rig today I'll get to. I'm at Dave's now.

JpRngr
06-15-2006, 03:00 PM
No more holes in the wall, ummkay? We're still hearing about the last one!

grandwheeler
06-15-2006, 03:02 PM
I as well have to thank everyone who helped put on GSW this year as well.
And props to Cody, he is one hell of a spotter who knows these trails like crazy.

Like OverKill, I also need to give props to Moab 4X4 Outpost, they made up a custom track bar bracket that is way beefier then any on the market now while I waited for cheaper than any shop where I live (colorado springs) I owe those guys some beer when I head to Moab again.

I will try to get some pics of their work up on here soon. Matt (OverKillZJ) you should do the same.

-Ryan

nate
06-15-2006, 03:33 PM
that is cool the outpost hooked you up.

I bought a heim joint from them during EJS and I didn't really get a "warm and fuzzy" from them... it was actually almost a hassle for them to sell me it.. probably because there was 20 million swinging dicks around during EJS... dunno.

Kraqa
06-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Outpost did a fuckign awsome job on my hydro ram mount after i ripped the first one off. an\d freekign cheep to. in and otu in 1.5 hours.