PDA

View Full Version : Special thanks to our trail leaders

Sandy R
06-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Thanks! You guys accepted the responsibility and did a great job leading and spotting your groups through the great trails Moab has to offer!

Tom Zehrbach
Todd Mickelsen
John Strom & Keith Scheffler
Cody McKendrick
Dave & Pam Reichert
Mike Sheets

Texas ZJ1
06-13-2006, 10:16 AM
I have mucho appreciation for John putting up with all the different personalities on the trail.

Hunter

SkyjacktZJ
06-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks to all for helping me keep the rubber-side down!
Great group of guys!

OverkillZJ
06-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Yes, THANK YOU as always for the great leadership.

ArloGuthroJeep
06-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah thanks guys.

And thanks again Sandy for the replacement bolt:D

Halfdoc
06-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks to Tom (elephant hill), John (GS), and Cody (Rusty nail) for great spotting and trail leadership.

Thanks to Pam and the banquet planners for one of the best overall banquets. Great location, tons of space, good food, and friendly staff. I just hope they don't close in the next 6 months...

Thanks to all the planners for another great event with a great group of people.

What are the dates for next year??? :D

David

rrubio
06-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Yes a thankyou to all.It seems to be getting better every year...

JohnBoulderCO
06-13-2006, 03:39 PM
I have mucho appreciation for John putting up with all the different personalities on the trail.

Hunter
Thanks! And thank you for towing Brett (SLOMO) off of Golden Spike. I look forward to wheeling again, with you and your friends.

Colorado 5.9
06-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Yep, Thanks Cody, John, John, & Mike.

AgitatedPancake
06-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Thank you guys, and a big thanks to Eric and Ramon For lending me a PS pump and helping me get off Hells Revenge with no PS or rad fan...THANKS.

XLSLC
06-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the leaders, and the guys with SPARES that made it all possible. Not to mention the spotters! Thanks for the spot on Hell's Gate for sure, Kevin!
im still in the dog house for that one LOL

ArloGuthroJeep
06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the leaders, and the guys with SPARES that made it all possible. Not to mention the spotters! Thanks for the spot on Hell's Gate for sure, Kevin!
im still in the dog house for that one LOL

Put your 20% discount towards ARB locker yet?:D

bluejeepman
06-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks to everyone involved to make this year great, hopefully next year I will have my ZJ out. I take that back, I WILL have my ZJ out on the rocks for GSW 2007. It was nice to meet all of you. Happy wheelin

Jordan

rrubio
06-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Thank you guys, and a big thanks to Eric and Ramon For lending me a PS pump and helping me get off Hells Revenge with no PS or rad fan...THANKS.
That is part of wheeling,no one gets left behind.

SCAMPER ZJ
06-13-2006, 07:35 PM
A BIG-TIME thanks to Cody for spotting us through Pritchett and Rusty Nail. It would have been VERY difficult (if not impossible) for some of us to make it through without the benefit of your experience.

Snowman
06-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Thank you so much for putting together a truly great weekend of riding. You did a superb job planning and executing everything from the Meet and Greet, the T-shirts, the information, the planning of the trains, the trail leaders, the spotting ... .

GSW is $250 less than the Jeep Jamboree and a heck of a lot more fun!

JohnBoulderCO
06-13-2006, 09:43 PM
GSW is $250 less than the Jeep Jamboree and a heck of a lot more fun!

Thanks!

Pitch
06-13-2006, 10:27 PM
A BIG-TIME thanks to Cody for spotting us through Pritchett and Rusty Nail. It would have been VERY difficult (if not impossible) for some of us to make it through without the benefit of your experience.

I totally agree. Sometimes the spotting defies logic... but it works! There is no substitute for experience on the trail, or seemingly infinite patience from a spotter who could easily be bored running these trails. Thanks a ton Cody, and everyone else who helped us on Pritchett.

This event rocks every year, and I find myself looking forward to it as soon as I turn south on 191 to begin the journey home. While the fun, the big rigs, and the comraderie only costs me more money all of the time (more mods), I welcome it with open arms.

Eric

Cody
06-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys. This year the trails were a little more dug out and washed out than in years past but thanks to well prepared rigs and some good driving, we made it through....eventually. I was excited that the group was mostly people I hadn't met or wheeled with. I always enjoy new people (mostly since most people get tired of my childishness eventually)

I wish I would have had more time to meet some more new people at the banquet and after the trails at dinner, but it just wasn't meant to be this year. Hopefully next year i'll get to do more mingling...

Cody

Metalman
06-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Thanks alot also to all the trail leaders. And Keith is proof that even trail leaders can suffer carnage on the trail. That is, if you consider a slashed sidewall carnage.

zjmike4
06-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Curt, that's enough about carnage, you made it home now stop going on about carnage.

Metalman
06-15-2006, 07:22 AM
Yeah, luckily I wasn't "That Guy" on any of the trails this time. But we all will eventually hold that honorary title. Glad you're feeling better Mike.

Texas ZJ1
06-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Curt didn't have any carnage because he and his son got out and planned every single 1 foot ledge step by step along the trail. Unlike Snowman who hit his hitch so hard that I heard, "hey, was that an IED"

Hunter

Colorado 5.9
06-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Then there are those people that think they are still on the high speed mesa when they go over the crack! :D

Texas ZJ1
06-15-2006, 12:46 PM
I didn't know your speedo should register about 20 while crossing.

Hunter

Texas ZJ1
06-15-2006, 12:46 PM

Hunter

dads5.9
06-15-2006, 08:31 PM
GSW just keeps getting better. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work to make it easy for the rest of us.

Cody thanks for the great spotting, it makes it look easy.

V

AgitatedPancake
06-15-2006, 10:24 PM

Hunter

Maybe that person overgeared their rig...severely :rolleyes::D

Colorado 5.9
06-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Yea, with a lead foot.:)

wheelnzj
06-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Hi,

I can't tell you what a great time I had at GSW 2006. I am already looking forward to next year.

Thanks to Sandy & Tom who I understand started this whole thing.
I don't know who to thank more, because they both say the other one did all the work.

A special THANKS to all the planners and trail leaders.
Cody- your the man! Thank you for doing such an excellent job getting everyone through the trails safe!
After only a short time, I felt totaly comfortable with the lines you told us to take.

It was nice meeting everyone.
See ya in Moab-GSW 2007.

Ron

SCAMPER ZJ
06-16-2006, 09:29 PM
It was nice meeting everyone.
See ya in Moab-GSW 2007.

Ron, it was great meeting you! Thanks to you and Dave and everyone else too for helping me out with my little faux pas on Rusty Nail:

http://www.jeepsite.net/Stan's Rusty Nail Shots/06GSW_RustyNail_2076.jpg

http://www.jeepsite.net/Stan's Rusty Nail Shots/06GSW_RustyNail_2075_0145.jpg

By the way, if you ever decide you don't need that Atlas II anymore, or your 50 front / 60 rear, or your hydro assist, or your lights. . .let me know! :D

wheelnzj
06-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks Stan,

It was really nice meeting you. I am glad I could be there to help, and I am really glad you did'nt go over- That would have SUCKED!
As I stated before- SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET pictures. Thanks for taking so many picture's and posting them. I like the cover photo of my jeep getting a little "light"" going up the hill on Pritchett Canyon.
I am sure glad that I got my front ARB working for the next day on Rusty Nail. What a trail !!! Cody did an excellent job and he really knows the trails. I would have not felt confortable with out him guiding us through.
I'll put you on my part's list, but Stan your ZJ did great. Why would you want to change anything?
You will have to get in line behind Chad for the Howe hydro steering, He called it first.

Thanks again I had a great time,
Ron

jsteves
06-17-2006, 12:08 PM
trail leaders were awesome as usual

SCAMPER ZJ
06-17-2006, 12:25 PM
You will have to get in line behind Chad for the Howe hydro steering, He called it first.
Ron

DRAT! :D