PDA

View Full Version : Trouble In Montana

SLO MO
06-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Started having some throttle problems outside of Butte. In a little place called Dillon right now. Pulling a code for the TPS. Only 1 garage in town can look at it today everyone else says a week. Jeep is holding together otherwise. Hoping we can still make it to GS. Try to find another computer to keep updated. Hope to see you all by tommorrow night.

L8R

Brett

Snowman
06-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Keep heading down hill so you can roll in to Moab. They have plenty of places there that can fix your throttle problem. See you in Moab.

Snowman

SLO MO
06-07-2006, 11:51 AM
So its a bad TPS sensor. Can't get 1 'til tommorrow first thing, gotta come out of Billings. Hope to be back on the road by 10 a.m. Jeep is in limp mode doesn't want to go much over 35. Gonna be a long day of driving. Hoping to hit Moab by midnight, then Golden Spike at 7a.m. lovely.

Metalman
06-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Not right when a bad sensor cripples your jeep. O2, tps, cps all went out on my WJ before I hit 50k miles. I was able to get out of limp mode by shutting it off, waiting a few minutes and re-starting the engine. It would go back into limp mode again after it sat for about 1/2 hour and was re-started and driven for a few miles.

ANLPROBE
06-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Shit ass stupid TPS... try all the connections..then even go as far as while its running, loosen the two screws on it and try to turn(adjust) it a little tiny bit... there should be a tiny bit of movement in either direction....used to do that with the TPS on the Mustang to get better throttle response. Call me when you get shit straightened up...
L8tr buddy.

Layne

ANLPROBE
06-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Well buddy?
You all fixed up yet?
Hope so.

BlaineWasHere
06-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Good Luck!!!

ANLPROBE
06-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Have fun buddy... glad you made it. Wish my rig was ready, maybe next time we will make the trip together? Place safe, buy me a t-shirt! Wheel hard.

Layne