PDA

View Full Version : Final preparations for Moab

SCAMPER ZJ
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Spent much of the day getting last-minute stuff together for Moab. I could hardly sleep last night, just thinking about wheeling that sweet slickrock! OK, Pritchett has me a little scared, too - from the sounds of it, it will be the toughest trail I've done yet. I CAN'T WAIT!! :D

Torqued lugs, checked for loose bolts/nuts
Greased joints
Checked tire pressure
Changed oil, added fuel injector cleaner
Refilled CO2 tank
Charcoal canister now horizontal (got tired of bending it forward)
Checked tranny, brake fluid levels
Cleaned windshield, topped off fluid (so that I can empty my reservoir again when nose-up on the trail)
Reorganized and restocked first-aid kit (bandages, splints, etc.) and replaced expiring meds

My Mallcrawlin sticker should be here any day now, and the ZJ should be ready to hit the road Thursday!

BigDaveZJ
05-31-2006, 08:42 PM
You're in a lot better shape than I am! My rear axle is on jackstands right now, still on my list:

Put rear axle under Jeep
Attach long arms
Bleed brakes
Check articulation for binding or other issues
Install new front diff cover and change fluid
Get more MallCrawlin stickers made (and I don't show an order from you Stan??)
re-wire rock lights
Get CO2 tank filled

who knows what else. I've got 4 days off work before I leave though so things SHOULD be okay

SCAMPER ZJ
05-31-2006, 09:05 PM
It will be cool to see the new LA's! You are wise to have allowed yourself 4 days, sounds like you'll need it! :D

I'm doing a test run on Lefthand Canyon Friday, I want to flex things up some and make sure I don't need to do more trimming / adjust the spacers more. The front is much heavier now with the winch, and even though it seemed to do fine the last time I was in Moab with the stiffer springs, I just replaced the old MTR's with some new ones (so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some rubbing).

I don't show an order [for a Mallcrawlin sticker] from you Stan
OK, that is just WEIRD. . .I must be working too hard!! I could SWEAR I did the PayPal thing, I even remember ordering the smaller one - but I just looked at my payment history, and the last one to you was for the banquet. I am placing an order RIGHT NOW. If it's too late to mail, I'll just get it from you in Moab, Dave. I do apologize for the confusion.

Matt
05-31-2006, 10:45 PM
At this point my ZJ is far from driveable. :( This is going to be close.

ArloGuthroJeep
05-31-2006, 11:41 PM
Replaced UCA bushings, wheel hub bearing assembly, TRE's and tomorrow ball joints all in an effort to cure DW:( Then I have to install my CB, trim some more, reinstall one of my bump stops, change oil, get spare fluids, etc...ICK

Colorado 5.9
06-01-2006, 12:29 AM
I have to change my oil, lube the jeep & get the tires Rotated & balanced.

Oh, & yea. :D I have to rebuild & install an SYE into the 242 I've had in the basement for over a year. Then install it. All that, IF the SYE, driveshaft & rebuild kit get here by Mon. I hope to have them by Fri. though.

Snowman
06-01-2006, 12:41 AM
I have to change my oil, lube the jeep & get the tires Rotated & balanced.

Oh, & yea. :D I have to rebuild & install an SYE into the 242 I've had in the basement for over a year. Then install it. All that, IF the SYE, driveshaft & rebuild kit get here by Mon. I hope to have them by Fri. though.
Talk about cutting it close.:D

I had a diff problem and it was cut too close and I ended up missing GSSW.

This time I got everything finished a couple months early and then one damn thing after another came up. The last was having the driver's seat rebuilt - that was completed two weeks ago. Now I have the ZJ ready, I just have to put the tools and supplies in and pack. So I am waiting as fast as I can.

Good luck to all rushing to get ready for GSW in getting all the parts and completing in time.

SCAMPER ZJ
06-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Loaded up the waypoints for Golden Spike and Pritchett, hope to get ones for Poison Spider, Steelbender, and Hell's Revenge done in the next day or so. Didn't do much else to prepare today though, mostly had business to take care of - that and I did a little in-line hockey up in Fort Collins.

Still need to pick up those spare front axles and some u-joints, should have some time to do it early next week. Oh yeah, and spare tie-rod ends.

Matt
06-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Hey Dave... Are you going to bring some MallCrawlin decals to Moab? I'm sure you are, but just wanted to check. Now that the ZJ is somewhat worthy I would like to tag it.

Kraqa
06-01-2006, 10:32 PM
ya dave i'm going to need two more because with my doors off you wont see them.

BigDaveZJ
06-01-2006, 10:36 PM
I've got some of the 4x24's left that I'll be bringing. SHOULD have some more 2x12's as well, but am currently out. Trying to get more printed ASAP.

And my list just got shorter, long arms are in!

Colorado 5.9
06-01-2006, 10:42 PM
And my list just got shorter, long arms are in!

Oh yea! I checked that off for ya today.:D

Mtn WJ
06-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Lets see
I have to put my steering back together - did the Chevy 1 ton TRE and new drag link setup
Put in windshield washer bottle set up - finally killed the old one on a trail Memorial Day
Maybe extend my bump stops up front - rubs but not enough really worry
Put on my new Iron Rock T Case Skid - no big deal if I am not done but heck I spent the money on the thing.

I pretty much handled the lubes and fluids last weekend and put on new Poly shock bushings.
My front ARB seems to be working great now with no leaks.
Vibes for the most part are gone now with a new rebuilt front drive shaft.

Glad to hear everyone is making progress for GSW. Scott how many months was that 242 sitting in your basement? Hmmm

Colorado 5.9
06-02-2006, 03:33 AM
15 :shake:

Pitch
06-02-2006, 10:04 PM
My WJ has been sitting in a local fab shop for 2.5 weeks having bumpers (F/R) built... it has been a slow process. I spent this afternoon mounting and wiring up the winch at the shop, and am nearly completed with that process. Now, with 150 extra lbs up front, and about 50 in the rear, my bumpstops may need some extending. Looks like the front has sagged about an inch under the weight. I plan on getting the WJ back on Tuesday afternoon, and am leaving for Moab on Tues night... its gonna be tight. And that won't leave much time for the other small maintainence items on the list:

Oil, filters, coolant, rear diff guard install, (wash buff and shine... yeah, I like it to look pretty).

Sandy R
06-03-2006, 10:25 AM
If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done! :D

Snowman
06-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Now I am just sittin' here waiting as fast as I can! I gotta go stomp sumpin', but I don't want to break anything else before M*O*A*B!

Cody
06-03-2006, 12:11 PM
You guys sure have a ton of spare time on your hands to be posting on MC when there is so much to do....

Colorado 5.9
06-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Well I got the SYE & shaft yesterday but no rebuild kit.:(

Now I'll have to wait till monday to do it all.:)

Texas ZJ1
06-03-2006, 12:55 PM
I've got to work all weekend so, I can't start anything until late Monday night or early Tuesday morn.

Hunter

Snowman
06-03-2006, 01:04 PM
You guys sure have a ton of spare time on your hands to be posting on MC when there is so much to do....

I was packing and I saw that BigDave said to bring extra water for the cars. I have 12 liter bottles for me, so hopped in the car a drove off to get 2 one gallon bottles for back up. Now I am back to packing.:)

I missed GSSW because the damage to the diff from Tierra del Sol was not repaired in time.:smt093 I was not going to miss GSW too so I have been busting my ass getting everything done in time.:D

Now to the truth of the matter => if you are so fawking busy getting your rig ready what the f are you doing reading these postings?:booya: At least Arlo has a good reason to be on MC => he is fighting the Dreaded DW.

BigDaveZJ
06-03-2006, 01:50 PM

It's called being stuck at work when I could be getting my rig ready to go. Fawking work.

OverkillZJ
06-03-2006, 02:02 PM
I only have a buggy to build. Oh, wait, I'm doing it right now!

(You might be a geek when there's a shop computer...)

Cody
06-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I remember in years past being on the clock. My final prep stuff this year is pretty minor. I feel Matt's pain.

Cody

SCAMPER ZJ
06-03-2006, 02:09 PM
You might be a geek when there's a shop computer...
:spit: :D

Colorado 5.9
06-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Since I have to wait for the rebuild kit for the 242. I'm just doing things I would have been doing Mon. & Tues.

OverkillZJ
06-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Since I have to wait for the rebuild kit for the 242. I'm just doing things I would have been doing Mon. & Tues.

I did the same last night. I already packed. It's just funny...

BigDaveZJ
06-03-2006, 04:08 PM
If I was rich, had my ZJ ready, AND didn't have to work Tuesday, I'd fly out to PGH and help you finish. But since I'm not rich, my ZJ isn't ready, and I have to work, I'm not going to. lol

JohnBoulderCO
06-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Since I have to wait for the rebuild kit for the 242

Cutting that close Scott. I hope you have a chance to drive it around before heading out to Moab. Can you limp out at 60-65mph with min vibes?

Colorado 5.9
06-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Dave & I might go up to Slaugther House on Tue. If all goes well on Mon. :)

And NO! I just can't deal with the vib I get starting @ 60 on up. I would like to be able to drive out there at 75mph once the speed limit hit that.

BigDaveZJ
06-03-2006, 05:41 PM
We are?? I work Tuesday!!!

Colorado 5.9
06-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Oh darn.:( for some reason I thought you were off. I guess it was the Wed. thing then.

Colorado 5.9
06-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Or maybe I was thinking if we had time we go up mon. afternoon when it's all done. We both should really test our shit before we go to Moab.:D

jsteves
06-03-2006, 07:31 PM
You guys just need a personal bitch to do the work for you like my son Justin. He left for his honeymoon in Hawaii this week and asked if I could finish a few things for him:
- Overheating problem, install new FlowKooler water pump and install and wire 5.9 L electric fan.
- Rear ARB locker is puking gear oil back through the tube.
- Replace right front hub.
- Do complete tune up because Jeep stalls when you first start it.
- I could really use two new MTRs to replace the worn ones on the rear-end.

And don't forget to order the parts in time to get them all installed working and tested before I get back on Thurday just in time to hop in the Jeep that you have prepared.

And there are still a few things on my Jeep that need to get done as well.

JohnBoulderCO
06-03-2006, 07:45 PM
CO2 tank mounting was my last thing to do. I just found a good spot in the WJ, drilled three holes and it's mounted well. Since I have the limited, I have a CD changer and power outlet on the right side, where Keith mounted his, so I mounted mine on the far rear, left side corner. Fits nice and the rear hatch clears.

Now I need a plastic cutting board with clearance holes, to keep the tank off the bolts or maybe some furniture buttons.

JohnBoulderCO
06-03-2006, 07:49 PM
And NO! I just can't deal with the vib I get starting @ 60 on up. I would like to be able to drive out there at 75mph once the speed limit hit that.
I hear ya. The last three times back from Moab I have had a wicked vibration. Makes for a long drive.
1) Bent output shaft on NP247
2) Bent D44AL axle shaft
3) Bent 8.8 axle shaft

jsteves
06-03-2006, 08:09 PM
John,

Where in Boulder did you get your CO2 filled? It is still on my list for GSW.

JohnBoulderCO
06-03-2006, 08:57 PM
I called ALL the welding shops in Boulder/Longmont, only one, if I came right over because the boss was away, would consider filling it.

The closest from Boulder is Slee in Golden, right on Hwy 93. It would be on your way to Moab. A guy on the CO4x4 also tried to find someone in Boulder/Longmet, he drove to Slee. Since I was in Denver the other day, I had Red Comet fill it.

Sandy R
06-03-2006, 09:10 PM
I called ALL the welding shops in Boulder/Longmont, only one, if I came right over because the boss was away, would consider filling it.

The closest from Boulder is Slee in Golden, right on Hwy 93. It would be on your way to Moab. A guy on the CO4x4 also tried to find someone in Boulder/Longmet, he drove to Slee. Since I was in Denver the other day, I had Red Comet fill it.

I don't know if this ad is current, but maybe try this place in Moab:

Desert Industrial Gas Co. - 4201 Production Court N
Contact: Donald Poppett - (702) 651-1311 Cash account for CO2 refills. 10lb tank $5.00, 15lb tank $7.50, 50lb tank $14.50

JohnBoulderCO
06-03-2006, 09:13 PM
That's worth a phone call. Red Comet charges twice that. I don't know what Slee charges.

AgitatedPancake
06-04-2006, 02:44 AM
I have to finish up my claytons, get my tires mounted on my new rims, rebuild my sliders, rework my skid to work with claytons, work out all the bugs with everything, pack and crap...yeah. Lots to do, BUT claytons is almost done. Last arm and frame protector/subframe connector going in tomorrow!

Matt
06-04-2006, 07:11 AM
It seems like a long arm install 2 weeks before GSW is quite popular. :) This should be fun.

Sandy R
06-04-2006, 07:51 AM
I have to finish up my claytons, get my tires mounted on my new rims, rebuild my sliders, rework my skid to work with claytons, work out all the bugs with everything, pack and crap...yeah. Lots to do, BUT claytons is almost done. Last arm and frame protector/subframe connector going in tomorrow!

Got to admit that you're the first I seen to put "crap" on his final to do prep list.:D

OverkillZJ
06-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Got to admit that you're the first I seen to put "crap" on his final to do prep list.:D

He's just the first to admit it, I'm sure I'll have a few packed I need to release along th eway :booya:

Texas ZJ1
06-04-2006, 08:37 AM
1. Pick up CO2 tank Monday.
2. Oil change
3. Wash and vacuum (the jeep)
4. touch up the sliderz with Krylon
5. Stack the MTs on the hitch haul
6. Meet up with SkyjacktZJ at the Flying J in Greatna.

Hunter

Sandy R
06-04-2006, 09:08 AM
6. Meet up with SkyjacktZJ at the Flying J in Greatna.
Hunter

When does that put you in Moab? I plan to be in LATE Tuesday night.

Texas ZJ1
06-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Sandy,

that's Greatna NE, we are planning on staying overnight somewhere just west of Denver.

Hunter

Sandy R
06-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Sandy,

that's Greatna NE, we are planning on staying overnight somewhere just west of Denver.

Hunter

OK, then I'll see you guys sometime Wednesday. Have a safe trip.

Texas ZJ1
06-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Roger.

Hunter

Pitch
06-04-2006, 05:20 PM
It seems like a long arm install 2 weeks before GSW is quite popular. :) This should be fun.

That was me last year!

BigDaveZJ
06-04-2006, 08:14 PM
We got a few more things knocked off our list today.

All I can think of that's left is:

- t-case skid on my ZJ
- exhaust on my ZJ
- refill my CO2 tank
- battery cables on Pam's ZJ
- maybe some seat covers for Pam's ZJ

There sure is a lot more shit to do when you have to get TWO rigs ready for the trip!!

AgitatedPancake
06-05-2006, 12:49 AM
I got claytons knocked out, i have the next 2-3 days for sliders, skids, reinforcing my D-ring mounts, and if the vibe i have is only between 45-55 from teh driveshaft im going to live with it. Thats about all besides packing...and theres still the crap too.

Mtn WJ
06-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Ok I am ready
Took care of the last few details
Extended my front bump stops
Finished my 1 ton drag link set up
changed the oil
completed my 2.49 winshield washer upgrade. Thanks to wallymart's cheap water bottles.
finished my shock bushings
ARB no longer leaks - finally what a PIA that thing has been.
Vibes gone - thanks to Corey and my rebuilt front Drive shaft.
Co2 filled

And trail tested to be sure it ok.

Only problem I have currently is my lower track bar bushing is getting tired but no time to change it and it not that bad anyway.

Colorado 5.9
06-05-2006, 08:24 PM
i'm still working on the 242.:( I just cut my left forfinger pretty good. Kida took a good layer off of the top nuckle.THe T-Case did it. This is gona hurt nore the my other finger I sliced open 2 weeks ago.

I'm still in the mddle of the teardown. I was just starting to swap out the bearings. Gota keep going though.:D

ArloGuthroJeep
06-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Scott maybe you should wear gloves;)

wheelnzj
06-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi,

I am leaving tomarrow (Tues.) for Moab and will be there on Wes. I am driving from Northern California.
I am looking to go wheeling on Thurs. before Reg. that night.
Is anyone or would anyone like to hit a trail on Thurs. ???
I have not been to moab and don't know the trails. I would like to do something moderate (save the extreme trails for GSW).
I have done the Rubicon and many other trails, My jeep is set up pretty well with a long arm kit with 35" MTR'S, ARB'S, winch, rock protection ect, ect.
Would anyone like to go ???

Thanks,
Ron

Snowman
06-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I am leaving tomarrow (Tues.) for Moab and will be there on Wes. I am driving from Northern California.
I am looking to go wheeling on Thurs. before Reg. that night.
Is anyone or would anyone like to hit a trail on Thurs. ???
I have not been to moab and don't know the trails. I would like to do something moderate (save the extreme trails for GSW).
I have done the Rubicon and many other trails, My jeep is set up pretty well with a long arm kit with 35" MTR'S, ARB'S, winch, rock protection ect, ect.
Would anyone like to go ???

Thanks,
Ron
I am leaving Thursday morning at 4:30 AM from Los Angeles. I may not go wheeling Thursday, but I will definitely meet and drink.

Real easy go to the information center downtown and get directions to Schafer Trail and then to Long Canyon. Easy and great views of Arches and Dead Horse Point. You will have to pay for going through Canyonlands but not for Dead Horse if you go that way.

SCAMPER ZJ
06-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Wheeled it on Saturday for a couple of hours on Lefthand Canyon, nothing too serious, just enough to flex it up to make sure the new backspacing and tires don't rub too much. Just a few more minor maintenance items for Wednesday, should be ready to hit the road to Moab Thursday! :)

http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/06LefthandCanyonSummer/images/06C4W_LH_0009.jpg
http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/06LefthandCanyonSummer/images/06C4W_LH_0019.jpg
http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/06LefthandCanyonSummer/images/06C4W_LH_0019_2773.jpg

Snowman
06-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Looks good. Now you need to add desert brush pinstriping.

SCAMPER ZJ
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Looks good. Now you need to add desert brush pinstriping.

The day after it got painted I started on my custom Rocky Mountain pinstriping again - so long as you stand about 15 feet away though, you might not see it! ;) The rear panels and rear passenger door had to be repainted after banging them up pretty good from a couple of trails last year:

http://www.jeepsite.net/05Carnage0172.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/06BillMoore/images/06_BML_015.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/06BillMoore/images/06_BML_016.jpg

I'm hoping to avoid any major body damage in Moab, I've enjoying having it look nice again - it's actually worth my while to take it to the car wash now! :D

wheelnzj
06-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks Snowman,

I am looking to hit a trail during the day on Thursday.

But, I am in for Beers Thursday night either at the meet & greet or maybe a little vist to the Moab Brewery!

Ron

Sandy R
06-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks,

I am looking to hit a trail during the day on Thursday.

But, I am in for Beers Thursday night either at the meet & greet or maybe a little vist to the Moab Brewery!

Ron

There will be several of us running trails Thursday and probably a few groups doing different trails of varying degrees. You won't have any problem hooking up with folks from our group. I'm leaving So Cal tomorrow at 5am and am planning to drive straight through -- guess I better start packing. See everyone in Moab.

Signed off until next Sunday or Monday night. Drive safe everybody!

wheelnzj
06-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks Sandy,

Have a save drive, see ya in Moab!

Ron

BigDaveZJ
06-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Just finished up Pam's ZJ, now all that needs to be done is maybe get an alignment for mine. And then pack the uber-insane amounts of tools and parts I bring . . . .

ArloGuthroJeep
06-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Sweet looking ZJ Scamper...

Tomorrow I should get my CB antenna/cableing/mount hardware, buy some fluids, play with tie rod some more, check all my bolts, fill up my coolant (a bit low), pack up my garage...just little stuff left thanksfully:)

Sandy R
06-06-2006, 01:05 AM
And then pack the uber-insane amounts of tools and parts I bring . . . .

With all of the mostly useless crap I'm carrying and the raffle donations and sponsor literature, unless it's an emergency I'll stop and buy what I need rather than unpack to get what I need and repack. It just took me 2 hours to pack the Jeep and I'm not a patient person with so much to do. I am freaking loaded to the gills. I'd imagine I should be thrilled to get 5 or 6 mpg. Now off to pack my clothes for the week. This is where I make up time -- 5 minutes and done! :)

Colorado 5.9
06-06-2006, 01:45 AM
Just don't lose another wheel sandy!

Sandy R
06-06-2006, 02:15 AM
Just don't lose another wheel sandy!

Wasn't just the wheel -- it was the tire, wheel, caliper, rotor, and the half of the hub assembly with the wheel studs. It will be difficult to ever again just drive and relax after that adventure. I never saw it coming--no clues or symptoms. The thing that bothers me is that my hub on that same side failed last year on my way home from GSW so the one that blew apart on my way to GSSW only had about 2,500 miles on it. I hope there's nothing internal causing them to blow apart. The ball joints are new, the knuckle is new, the hub assembly is new, and the outer shaft is new. If it happens again, and if I'm lucky enough to survive again, the Jeep will be up for sale at GSW. :(

KevinF
06-07-2006, 11:25 AM
See you guys up there. I'm bringing the rock-crawling monster Honda Accord this year, lol. I was making a few minor adjustments to the steering in the shop yesterday, and the drag link literally fell off in my hands, on BOTH ends. How can this be, you ask? Same question I had!! I'm just fortunate (or blessed or whatever) that it happened in the shop and not at freeway speeds. Evidently I have too much articulation and too much misalignment on my high-misalignment TREs attached to both ends of the drag link. The lower has about 2 years of use and probably 30 trails, the upper only 3 months and 4 trails of usage. The steel collar that holds the ball in the socket are getting destroyed due to the angle that I'm using them at when articulating. I'm going to have to do quite a bit of work to the Jeep to reduce that angle, and didn't feel like wrenching until the last second, so I'm going to leave the poor Jeep sitting in the shop this weekend. I've never come to Moab without a Jeep...this will be a new experience for me, but I'm certainly not going to miss it!!

See you guys there late on Wednesday!
Kevin

JohnBoulderCO
06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Kevin, with a shop full of ZJ steering stuff, put that on your ZJ and get to Moab!

Colorado 5.9
06-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Ummm? I'm not saying a word.:smt082:smt082:smt082

Snowman
06-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Kevin,

You have all day today and all night tonight and all day Thursday to get it done.

Come on - get the lead out!

Fix it while you are driving to Moab, but show up with your ZJ!

Snowman

wheelnzj
06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Well I made it to Moab! Where is everyone? It's Wednesday 3:15.
If anyone is here and reads this, please post a reply.
Anyone meeting up for dinner tonight?
How about a little trip Thursday?
It's only 95 out today, NICE!!!

Ron
Stop by Bowen INN- Moab, UT

KevinF
06-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Nah...I'm going to pretend like this is a vacation for Ally and I instead of wrenching all night to get it done. There is a problem with the large angle of the thing...too much lift, caused from too large of a tire...so no biggie...I'll just hitch rides with various Jeepers each day. Sort of suits my personallity better to be friendly anyway. Plus, I can be more able to do spotting. Going to be leaving here in about a half hour, and should be in before Midnight tonight.

Kevin

Cue-Ball
06-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Hope you all have a good time, sorry I could not make it.

Sandy, sorry you had to lug my donations out there would have LOVED to bring them myself.

SCAMPER ZJ
06-07-2006, 07:35 PM
I was making a few minor adjustments to the steering in the shop yesterday, and the drag link literally fell off in my hands, on BOTH ends.

YIKES!!! If I recall correctly, you're riding a couple inches higher than me - and you probably wheel that thing a LOT harder than I do - but we pretty much have IDENTICAL steering setups! :eek: I just looked everything over today though, and it looks good. . .glad you're OK, sorry you won't have the KOR ZJ there this year.

Today was kind of interesting, I went to have the radiator flushed and noticed it leaking - ACK!! I also noticed a lot of cracks in the serpentine belt, so I replaced it too (and now have a crusty spare). After the new radiator was in, I was driving around and the "check engine" light went off. I stopped by the shop and the code came up indicating that it was the MAP sensor. DOH!! So I spent my food money for Moab. Good thing I already paid for the banquet! :D

We'll be heading out around noon tomorrow, looking forward to seeing you all at the M&G!

wheelnzj
06-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi,

Anyone here in Moab yet (Wednesday afternoon) ???
Anyone meeting for dinner tonight ?
Moab Brew anyone ???
Looking to go hit a trail on Thursday, How about it ?

Thanks,
Ron

Stop by Bowen Inn- Moab. UT.