PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning

Matt
05-27-2006, 07:09 AM
This is my first GSW and I was just wondering if there was going to be a Sunday Morning Meet/Service set up.

Just Curious.

OverkillZJ
05-27-2006, 08:08 AM
What do you mean be meet / service?

There's trail rides as usual, if that's what you mean. Most people take it much easier as they're heading home that evening, some of us run a full day that are staying later.

Matt
05-27-2006, 08:16 AM
LOL, I was thinking along the lines of a small church service or casual get together before we hit Fins N Things.

OverkillZJ
05-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Well I suppose you could lead a church service in the parking lot before the trail ride :D

Actually for those that are interested, I do believe there is a sunrise church service on the rocks in Moab for general Christian faith's. It's not exactly my deal any more, but I could get information on it if anyone is interested. My brother ended up at it for easter last year and said it was rather amazing.

Texas ZJ1
05-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Maatt,

I'll be at the First United I-70 church service.

You'll hear the sermon on the CB at 75 mph.

Hunter

OverkillZJ
05-27-2006, 10:25 AM
:D

http://www.moab-utah.com (http://www.moab-utah.com/) has a listing of services

BigDaveZJ
05-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Sunday is usually a little more relaxed day as Matt said. The "Official" trails are shorter so people can head out early afternoon. A lot of us stay all day Sunday and leave town on Monday though. Matt, myself, Pam, and a few others will be hitting something on Sunday, dunno what yet though.

Mtn WJ
05-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Well probably run the short version of Fins depending on who all comes out this year. My daughter really likes that one.

Otherwise I would love to run Metal Masher on the way out to I70 on Sunday AM.

Snowman
05-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Fins and Things ... been there done that. All my expenses for GSW was getting ready and getting there. Once there I would like to do three days of riding rather than two. I am looking for something more challenging than Fins; besides it will be an easier repeat of of Hell's Revenge the day before.

It does not need to be as challenging as Golden Spike or Prichett Canyon. I would be interested in something to the southern or western areas that are in the 3 or 4 range.

Matt
05-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Geeze, this tread got a little off topic. :D

Matt, I'll check that link. Also, if others are interested, I wouldn't mind getting together at the trailhead/or a park and doing something beforehand (8:00) as I don't think we'll be off the trail in time to go to a traditional service.

Anyone interested???

Matt

Matt
06-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Just seeing if anyone wants to get together at a park on Sunday morning this year (Say 8:00 at the park where the meet and greet is). Nothing much, just a few words and some prayer/worship.

Anyone interested?