PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait.

OverkillZJ
05-25-2006, 10:03 AM
That's really all I had to say, haha.

I can't wait to sit there with a beer on the sidewalk at the Redstone Inn watching the latest video of Big Dave's "oops." In 2004 it was TREEEE 2005 he thought his Jeep was a jackrabbit (rockhumper) - can't wait to see this years shenanigans.'

I've got about 11 days of working on the buggy before I need to leave for GSW. It's really close unless one of the parts that's on the way is wrong... so Moab here I come.

Unless my221,000 mile tow rig strands me in Kansas, but at that point I'll drive the damn buggy the rest of the way :coffee:

See ya in a couple weeks...

BigDaveZJ
05-25-2006, 10:32 AM
If it strands you in Kansas that's at least close enough where I can come and get your busted ass!

I'm stoked too. Part of me wishes it was already two weeks from me now, and part of me wishes I had a lot more time. I guess the part of me that wishes I had more time is the same part of me that has to finish getting the Jeep ready!

Bustin' Loose
05-25-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm not allowed to count down till Dave is finished his jeep!

*sigh*

BUT DAMN IT I CAN'T WAIT:smt101 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :partyman: (hey where did the coffe smiley go!?!?!)

Ahh...I can see it now, some Sunshine Wheat, the parking lot of the Red Stone Inn and someone fixing the busted shit from the day's trail. :) Hopefully, Matt's entertainment wont be as expensive as last years!

See you all in two weeks!!!!!!!!!

BigDaveZJ
05-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Hopefully, Matt's entertainment wont be as expensive as last years!

Hopefully he doesn't break his bottle of Jack again either!

OverkillZJ
05-25-2006, 10:52 AM
There will be not bottle of jack, LOL. I thin kthat's probably the most wasted I've ever been. Altitude + whiskey when you're 7,000 feet higher than your'e used to = BAD FREAKIGN IDEA

Snowman
05-25-2006, 10:56 AM
That's really all I had to say, haha.

I can't wait to sit there with a beer on the sidewalk at the Redstone Inn watching the latest video of Big Dave's "oops." In 2004 it was TREEEE 2005 he thought his Jeep was a jackrabbit (rockhumper) - can't wait to see this years shenanigans.'

... snip ...

See ya in a couple weeks...

I **A*M **W*A*I*T*I*N*G **A*S **F*A*S*T A*S**I**C*A*N!!

I hope that our Canadian friends that are attending bring some two-fours [Yank translation read "cases"] of that good [strong] Canadian local brews.:drinkers: The stuff sold in Utah is not worth the trouble to pass it through the blatter!

Then again Dos XXs, Corona, and Carta Blanca aren't half bad either.

I **A*M **W*A*I*T*I*N*G **A*S **F*A*S*T A*S**I**C*A*N!!

BigDaveZJ
05-25-2006, 10:58 AM
There will be not bottle of jack, LOL. I thin kthat's probably the most wasted I've ever been. Altitude + whiskey when you're 7,000 feet higher than your'e used to = BAD FREAKIGN IDEA

Uhh, dude, Moab is like 4,500 ft tops. Like 1,700 ft lower than my house . . . . .

ArloGuthroJeep
05-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Uhh, dude, Moab is like 4,500 ft tops. Like 1,700 ft lower than my house . . . . .
Thats what I was thinking...

Was in Portland last weekend and they had warnings to only climb the mountains there in the spring and summer as the elevation reaches 4400ft in some places:rolleyes:

OverkillZJ
05-25-2006, 11:06 AM

which is about 4,000 more than I'm used to :D

I'm fine after a week, but every time I go out west, I have to pee every 10 minutes for a week and have no alcohol tolerance or energy.

DCHZJ
05-25-2006, 11:26 AM
I've got about 11 days of working on the buggy before I need to leave for GSW. It's really close unless one of the parts that's on the way is wrong... so Moab here I come.

Something tells me even if Matt is not done by the time he needs to leave. Someone will be on the back of that trailer finishing the buggy while the other is driving to Moab.

OverkillZJ
05-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Something tells me even if Matt is not done by the time he needs to leave. Someone will be on the back of that trailer finishing the buggy while the other is driving to Moab.

Are you volunteering? :smt082

DCHZJ
05-25-2006, 01:02 PM
:funny:

But hell ya i would just to see that roll over some rock.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
05-25-2006, 05:29 PM
who knows whats gonna happen this year. Only thing that sux is that Ron won't be coming out. Also a few other guys I was looking forward to meeting.

Texas ZJ1
05-25-2006, 06:12 PM
I know that you'll miss Blaine.

Hunter

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
05-25-2006, 06:18 PM
I know that you'll miss Blaine.

Hunter

I don't think pasty red headed white kids last too long out in the desert sun. :punish:

Texas ZJ1
05-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Roger that.

Hunter

zjmike4
05-25-2006, 07:57 PM
lol. I was out there last weekend... was temped to just stay and wait for GSW...

Bustin' Loose
05-25-2006, 10:38 PM
yeah, the fact that Ron won't make it kinda suks. But there are some new people I'm looking forward to meeting and a good portion of the primary "group" is returning.

Should be fun fun fun. I can't freakin' wait!

SCAMPER ZJ
05-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Ditto, I can hardly wait!! I look forward to this all year long. I'm a bit nervous too, every time I go to Moab I wonder what's going to break. . .

Matt
05-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah, clocks ticking now. Hopefully everything comes together by the 7th. I can't wait.... REALLY - I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Kraqa
05-27-2006, 02:37 AM
man i'm so fuckins stoked. i'v been working so much on this thing. and it will be right down to the wire. my work keeps sendign me out of town and i get delayed, but that will nto stop me.

4x4 will be fully functional tomorrw and that sall i was wiatin gfor.

OverkillZJ
05-27-2006, 07:01 AM
I got up at 6:30 am to go work on the buggy... IT'S SATURDAY...

If it doesn't get done getting up this early every free day, screw it.

Krash80
05-28-2006, 02:57 AM
I'm coming I'm coming....geeze! Stop making me feel guilty guys! :D

As awesome as the wheeling is in Moab, some of my favorite memories from last year were from hanging out at the Redstone afterwards...there was some funny shit that went on that night.

OverkillZJ
05-28-2006, 07:51 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

This year will not involve me and a bottle of JD though, so I can't make comments I don't remember making :finga:

Snowman
05-28-2006, 08:28 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

This year will not involve me and a bottle of JD though, so I can't make comments I don't remember making :finga:
If you are not into JD this year, can I interest you in some Saphire Blue Bombay Gin Martinis mit garlic stuffed olives? If you will join me in drinking this I will bring a liter of Bombay, the Dry Vermoth and olives. ARE YOU GAME?

BigDaveZJ
05-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Less than two weeks to go and my rear axle is on jack stands and I have a half hover ZJ. And my right thumb is missing part of the nail. Yay.

Bustin' Loose
05-29-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm coming I'm coming....geeze! Stop making me feel guilty guys! :D

As awesome as the wheeling is in Moab, some of my favorite memories from last year were from hanging out at the Redstone afterwards...there was some funny shit that went on that night.

Like drilling a hole through your finger? Can we avoid that this year please? But I'm game for watching you guys get shit faced and then taking pictures...oh the memories. :rofl:

Krash80
05-29-2006, 04:54 AM
If you are not into JD this year, can I interest you in some Saphire Blue Bombay Gin Martinis mit garlic stuffed olives? If you will join me in drinking this I will bring a liter of Bombay, the Dry Vermoth and olives. ARE YOU GAME?

What are you like 80? The only person I know that drinks martinis is my 96 year old grampa (chicks drinking chocolate martinis don't count).

Pam-
One of my buddies made the statement a couple months ago that I'm just not satisfied unless I drill a hole in at least one finger a year. He got to witness me drilling my nail on my left ring finger because it got a massive infection under the nail and I had to relieve the pressure cause I was practically screaming in pain one night...so it was either drill it or go to the emergency room. The crazy part is that well over a thimble full of puss came out from under my nail! With a few antibiotics and lots of hydrogen peroxide I was good to go. :D So that was my nail for this year.

-Ron-

OverkillZJ
05-29-2006, 08:21 AM

Are you on crack?

Snowman
05-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Like drilling a hole through your finger? Can we avoid that this year please? But I'm game for watching you guys get shit faced and then taking pictures...oh the memories. :rofl:
Beats the finger pain and the nail heals better. My doctor showed me how to do it when I was a kid. It works!

Snowman
05-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Are you on crack?

No. Not strong enough.

BigDaveZJ
05-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Man. Snowman.

Martini's are for secret agents, old people, and chicks pretending to be high class.

nate
05-29-2006, 11:16 AM
I've never heard of drilling a hole. Last time I needed to do that, I heated a needle up with a cigarette lighter and put a hole in my nail.

Beats the finger pain and the nail heals better. My doctor showed me how to do it when I was a kid. It works!

BigDaveZJ
05-29-2006, 11:18 AM
I guess that's one advantage of my current injury. The impact of my thumb against whatever it was on my Jeep split my thumbnail in two, so no swelling, the injury itself released all of the pressure.

Krash80
05-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Hey at least thanks to modern medicine our society has realized that drilling a hole in a person's head is not a good way to relieve the "pressure" from a bad headache.

Snowman
05-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Hey at least thanks to modern medicine our society has realized that drilling a hole in a person's head is not a good way to relieve the "pressure" from a bad headache.
Well, it could still be a way to let off steam.:D

Snowman
05-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Man. Snowman.

Martini's are for secret agents, old people, and chicks pretending to be high class.
Definitely NOT a chick ...

I am not an old man ...

So that leaves ... .:eek:

BigDaveZJ
05-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Definitely NOT a chick ...

I am not an old man ...

So that leaves ... .:eek:

Hence the "Man. Snowman."

Shaken not stirred right?

Snowman
05-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Hence the "Man. Snowman."

Shaken not stirred right?

I prefer stirred, not shaken. When it is shaken, the iced in the shaker melts and that dilutes it.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
05-29-2006, 10:06 PM

how else would one release the demons??

OverkillZJ
05-29-2006, 10:24 PM
.. ya'll got ISSUES!

Snowman
05-29-2006, 11:25 PM
well i can thank of how some demon release, is like this

this demon has been known to there apart cars inside and out:

this is the demon caught in the act

http://www.bigassjeep.com/pics/phoenix/9.24.05.f.jpg

and the aftermath of this ZJ demon
http://www.bigassjeep.com/pics/phoenix/9.24.05.l.jpg

The CARnage continues.

Krash80
05-30-2006, 01:51 AM
Ok, he's definitely a coke addict or a coke dealer. His username is "SNOW-man" and his avatar is Ralphie with his finger on his nose like he just blew a few lines, and he is hinting at the fact that he's a "secret" agent of some sort.

PassRunnerZJ
05-30-2006, 11:42 AM
So Matt, is your rig done? Time is counting down...

I too can't wait and finished my F/R spring swap yesterday and burned in my bumper with my brother's work TIG... getting close with too many things to do, still!

OverkillZJ
05-30-2006, 11:50 AM
It'll be there and it'll wheel, that's all you need to know

Krash80
05-30-2006, 01:12 PM
It'll be there and it'll wheel, that's all you need to know

hopefully you won't have time to paint it that gay yellow and black color scheme.

BigDaveZJ
05-30-2006, 01:38 PM
hopefully you won't have time to paint it that gay yellow and black color scheme.

X ELEVENTY BILLION

OverkillZJ
05-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Fuck you.

Krash80
05-31-2006, 10:07 PM
haha, yeah but hell with an buggy like that Matt can afford to paint it that color

I'm sure he'll rattle can it...he doesn't know any better. I'll bet you the thing will be LOADED with pointless electronics and hundreds of extra wires that don't lead to anything.

BMRisko
05-31-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm sure he'll rattle can it...he doesn't know any better. I'll bet you the thing will be LOADED with pointless electronics and hundreds of extra wires that don't lead to anything.

Actually, they will probably lead to empty Tupperwares!

OverkillZJ
06-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Paint is 99 cent / can black rattle.

There are no wires other than the stock ones I haven't ripped out yet.

I have a paint gun, I don't have time.

OverkillZJ
06-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Wow.

I think I have a slight clue how to paint metal, thanks.

JohnBoulderCO
06-01-2006, 08:50 AM
:D:D:D

BMRisko
06-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Wow.

LMAO!

BigDaveZJ
06-01-2006, 01:13 PM
You're using water paints right??

Or did you decide to finger paint it?

Snowman
06-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Wow.

Do these guys nag you like a bunch of ORT wives ALL THE TIME?:best:

:smt070 What are their problems??

Bustin' Loose
06-01-2006, 02:25 PM
It's our favorite passtime to harass Matthew. Hell, since he put a hole in my house (yes a true hole in my house) I think I have earned the right to give him as much shit as I deem necessary.

Besides, he knows how to dish back.

Snowman
06-01-2006, 03:01 PM
It's our favorite passtime to harass Matthew. Hell, since he put a hole in my house (yes a true hole in my house) I think I have earned the right to give him as much shit as I deem necessary.

Pam,

Are you saying that he is a home wrecker?
:worthles:

Snowman

PassRunnerZJ
06-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Pam,

Are you saying that he is a home wrecker?
:worthles:

Snowman

There were some pics, do a search for Hotel MallCrawlin, they were from last year.

Snowman
06-01-2006, 03:29 PM

There were some pics, do a search for Hotel MallCrawlin, they were from last year.

Ok, I could not find the pics. They would help.

Also it would be a help to know who did what to whom and in which order. Since you [Pam] tell me that Matthew is a bad seed, I won't defend him in the future. Some reprobates can't be retreaded, rethreaded, rebuilt or realigned => Is Matthew one of those? Is he really on Krack?

Krash80
06-01-2006, 05:51 PM
WTF? when did he put a hole in your house? I was there; I don't remember that. Are you thinking about him doing damage to your crevice maybe?

Matt...we all know you don't know how to paint metal. In all seriousness, in case you don't know, I'd get an etching primer for the first coat...works far better than a normal rattle can primer.

BUT...all kidding aside, we can at least make fun of you for being gay because you ran from the hot chicks last year in moab....you fruitcake.

Sandy R
06-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Matt, I don't know shit about prepping, priming or painting but let me know if you want me to bring some materials for you to use. :D

www.colortonepaints.com (http://www.colortonepaints.com)

Bustin' Loose
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
The hole in the house happend after GSW on Matt's trip back around.

The story goes like this

He and Dave were working in the garage all day on I believe Matt's jeep and on wiring the garage for 220. There was a sheet of pressboard in the garage gathering dust. So they propped it up against the wall in the garage that on the outside is right by the front door. When they would get pissed off, they would throw things at it. :smt018

Dave threw mostly a BFH. Matt in a moment of frustration threw a prybar at it. It went in pretty far and then were like:doh: . But when they looked behind the pressboard it didn't appear to have gone through. So they continue on with their day.

So I come home after work and find them working in the garage. All is good and I notice the pressboard so they tell me what they've been doing. I'm like "dorks". So I walk around to the front door to remove the bazillion pieces of paper people feel obliged to post on our door and as I'm walking by the outside wall of the garage to the front door right about at eye level I notice a hole in the house. The siding has been punched out.

I believe my next words were "MATTHEW!!!!!!":axe: :smt075

So yeah, hole in the house. And I don't know that pictures were posted. But I'm sure I could take one since the hole is still there!!!

Snowman
06-01-2006, 07:21 PM
The hole in the house happend after GSW on Matt's trip back around.

The story goes like this

He and Dave were working in the garage all day on I believe Matt's jeep and on wiring the garage for 220. There was a sheet of pressboard in the garage gathering dust. So they propped it up against the wall in the garage that on the outside is right by the front door. When they would get pissed off, they would throw things at it. :smt018

Dave threw mostly a BFH. Matt in a moment of frustration threw a prybar at it. It went in pretty far and then were like:doh: . But when they looked behind the pressboard it didn't appear to have gone through. So they continue on with their day.

So I come home after work and find them working in the garage. All is good and I notice the pressboard so they tell me what they've been doing. I'm like "dorks". So I walk around to the front door to remove the bazillion pieces of paper people feel obliged to post on our door and as I'm walking by the outside wall of the garage to the front door right about at eye level I notice a hole in the house. The siding has been punched out.

I believe my next words were "MATTHEW!!!!!!":axe: :smt075

So yeah, hole in the house. And I don't know that pictures were posted. But I'm sure I could take one since the hole is still there!!!
With friends like that who needs enemies!
So when did Matthew pay for or make the repair??

OverkillZJ
06-01-2006, 09:05 PM
I was putting in your $800 worth of free electrical work, DEAL WITH THE HOLE!

And Ron, sorry, but I had my fill of high school girls while I was in high school. They were fun while I was there, but I have desire to go back to something I've grown past. You were more than welcome to go sleep with a few and get some diseases, hell I'd probably have bailed you out of jail for it later, but I just wanted to go wheeling at the moment :finga:

Bustin' Loose
06-02-2006, 10:51 AM
LOL...I love gibing you shit about this.

I am dealing with the hole. It's still there. I'm thinking of framing it. :flipoff2:

And

Krash80
06-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Pam-
You should've bought a sturdier house. Matt can not be held responsible for the shoddy craftsmanship of your dwelling nor the path that crowbar chose to take upon impact ...think of it as an act of God.
Didn't you learn anything from the Three Little Pigs? Always go with a brick house!

PassRunnerZJ
06-02-2006, 11:21 AM
LOL...I love gibing you shit about this.

I am dealing with the hole. It's still there. I'm thinking of framing it. :flipoff2:

And

If you frame it, then Matt will have to sign it. House art!