PDA

View Full Version : Why are you not going!!!!

Colorado 5.9
05-17-2006, 03:38 AM
:eek:I'm SHOCKED!!! Allot of regulars are canceling. For the love of God, Why oh Why!!!!!

Don't tell me it's because of gas prices.:(

They are going down. If so, wait till two weeks before cancelling. That will give you a better idea of what they'll be the middle of June.

OverkillZJ
05-17-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm going.

Snowman
05-17-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm going.

Hell, the stinkin' lockers cost more than the fawking gas.

BigDaveZJ
05-17-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm assuming Jason cancelled for the same reason Cristi did, Mike Moore is the only other "regular" I saw that cancelled.

Colorado 5.9
05-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I just got an e-mail from Gary. I know he never sent in a confermation but he is cancelling. He's got a new job & can't take vacation for awhile.

I figured the same for Jason too.

And I didn't ask If you were going. I asked why you were Not going if you have cancelled. Morons!!!!!!!!!!!!:flipoff2:

Krash80
05-17-2006, 01:29 PM
I cancelled mine last week. Trust me, it wasn't an easy decision to make, but I simply can't afford the trip this year. I expanded my business early this year and everything was going great for me, but in the past couple months our work has slowed down ridiculously. I'm almost to the point of borrowing money just to pay my bills...not good.
I was also planning a trip to Alaska with my two uncles this August and I've cancelled that as well.
Right now I'm learning the drawbacks to being a small business owner.

As far as cost of gas goes I could care less. When I plan a trip like this I usually don't really care what it costs. The reason I work is so that I can spend my money on stuff that I enjoy doing. Unfortunately though when you have almost no money, a trip like this is out of the question. I'm really more concerned about the potential work that I might miss if I go to Moab...missing 10 days of work (if it's there) can add up real fast.

I guess all I can do is hope things are going better for me at this time next year.

-Ron-

XLSLC
05-17-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm going.

Hell, the stinkin' lockers cost more than the fawking gas.

I thought you didn't need no stinkin' lockers

Snowman
05-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I thought you didn't need no stinkin' lockers

It is an old battle cry that I still use.:D

JpRngr
05-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Cause my new daughter's well-being takes priority! When we were there 3 weeks ago we had to pile so much stuff around her head so it wouldn't flop around as much. She was so freaking hot and miserable and it was only 70 degrees. We decided it'd just be best to not put her through it again right now.

Corey

Colorado 5.9
05-17-2006, 10:45 PM
You guys were excused from this thread.:)

nate
05-17-2006, 10:55 PM
No money, fuel is too expensive... I can barely afford to go to work.

Kraqa
05-17-2006, 11:35 PM
i'm going
i'v been working 17 hour days to get this thing finished.

JpRngr
05-18-2006, 01:26 AM
i am confused on this statement

What's confusing? We had a baby. It is freakin hot on the rocks in Moab. Baby in carseat. Need to pack towel's around her so her head doesn't flop around. Topi got way too hot and cranky. Was only 70 degrees when we were in Moab 3 weeks ago. Will probably be in the 90's in June. Daughter's well being is most important. We're not going.

Does that help?

Texas ZJ1
05-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Wow,

you need to get some sleep.

Hunter

14 hr drive and I'm going.

OverkillZJ
05-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Cristi and Corey are the only people who had a valid excuse to cancel. Some things are obviously more important than wheeling, though not many their first born should definitely be counted as one!

I'm going, whatever it takes at this point. I've been working 30 hour weeks for business starting at 6am so I can get home to work on the buggy. I bought a tow rig I didn't know I'd need, as well as a flatbed, just for this friggin' trip.

I'm like that guy on that commercial that says "and in debt up to my eyeballs!"

nmzj
05-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Cause my new daughter's well-being takes priority! When we were there 3 weeks ago we had to pile so much stuff around her head so it wouldn't flop around as much. She was so freaking hot and miserable and it was only 70 degrees. We decided it'd just be best to not put her through it again right now.

Corey

x2, plus we just bought a house and havn't sold the first one. 2 house payments june 1st is not looking like fun...

Snowman
05-18-2006, 12:05 PM
x2, plus we just bought a house and havn't sold the first one. 2 house payments june 1st is not looking like fun...

Well, now you owe enough to buy a house.

Actually, it would be more correct to say that you owe enough to buy two houses.:best:

recon zj
05-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I moved down to Huntington Beach in February, and can't take any vacation for the first 6 months at my new job (that was non-negotiable - I tried). So if that's not a good enough reason for ya, then bite me. :flipoff2:

But yesterday, Sandy & I finished getting his pre-GSSW front suspension damage fixed, so at least he can make it now.

gary

I just got an e-mail from Gary. I know he never sent in a confermation but he is cancelling. He's got a new job & can't take vacation for awhile.

<snip>

SuicideTireZJ
05-21-2006, 10:42 PM
What are the dates again? I've got the adventure of all adventures for a month in Europe, so that takes priority this year. I SWEAR TO GOD I'll be there next year, which (you would think) gives me some time to address some weak links in the ZJ. And to get out of the debt up to my eyeballs. From going on my Eurotrip.

See you next year!

SCAMPER ZJ
05-24-2006, 12:50 AM

Duct tape. Or a foam cutout (with vents, of course).*

*not DOT approved

rockreligious
05-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Id go but my ZJ turned into a YJ, can I still participate with a ZJ engine, trans, and instrument panel in a wrangler?

JpRngr
05-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Id go but my ZJ turned into a YJ, can I still participate with a ZJ engine, trans, and instrument panel in a wrangler?
Umm..Nope, don't think that qualifies. Has to be titled as a GC to be able to run in the event.

Snowman
05-24-2006, 04:22 PM

:smt067 Traitor, turncoat, scum!!

Off with your head!!

We do not serve your kind!!

Jeepin' Wolf
05-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Sadly (for me anyways) I gots no money for this trip this year. I hoped to score some late contracts to the very end but it ain't enough. I would gladly spend estimated ~1500 in gas to be there + another 800 or so on tires that I badly need but my bank statement says it ain't happening. Damnit, this is the second one in a row I'll be missing :(

JohnBoulderCO
05-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Adam, you and your WJ will once again be missed. Rob and bank and drive out!;)

OverkillZJ
05-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Sadly (for me anyways) I gots no money for this trip this year. I hoped to score some late contracts to the very end but it ain't enough. I would gladly spend estimated ~1500 in gas to be there + another 800 or so on tires that I badly need but my bank statement says it ain't happening. Damnit, this is the second one in a row I'll be missing :(

I know it's not Moab, but there's always GSE and GSSE, I'll be at both :weedman:

Cue-Ball
05-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Well all, it is with much sadness that I must cancel my plans to attend this year also.

I am really sorry, but with buying the new house and getting the old house ready to seel and all the carziness around here right now I just can't be gone for a week.

It was a difficult decision that I have been in denial about for a few days, but I have to do what is best for my family right now, I hope you all understand.

Don't worry I will still be donating some Amsoil products and what not, I am actually planning on 2 prizes this year.

Thanks for the understanding.

Dirk

OverkillZJ
05-26-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Dirk, but I do understand .

I absolutely should not go, it is a bad decision for me - but I'm going anyway. It's easier when your single to do very stupid things!

Cue-Ball
05-26-2006, 11:52 AM
It's easier when your single to do very stupid things!

ABSOLUTELY true.

Thanks for understanding though, I will be there in spirit though and Sandy will be bringing out the Amsoil goodies.

Dirk

Bustin' Loose
05-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Dude that sucks! YOu will be missed.

Cue-Ball
05-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Dude that sucks! YOu will be missed.

Thanks Pam.

Just be sure to get some good pix for me.

I am already going to start working on next year now so that there is no issues then.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
05-26-2006, 11:52 PM
sorry to hear that Dirk. Maybe my next year the LA's and axles will be done so you can break them in.

Texas ZJ1
05-27-2006, 12:38 AM
You'll miss my new amsoil stickers. I get another 1 mpg because of them.

Hunter

Cue-Ball
05-27-2006, 02:18 AM
God if the LA's and axles are not in my then I will just have to sell the Heep and then kill myself.

Cue-Ball
05-27-2006, 02:21 AM
You'll miss my new amsoil stickers. I get another 1 mpg because of them.

Hunter

Trust me I really wish I could be there, I was looking forward to seeing my stickers on some of the Jeep, I tell you that is a HUGE ego boost for me, so be sure to send me pix of the stickers you guys are sporting.

Dirk