PDA

View Full Version : RockCrusher Differential Guards on sale @ Steel City Off Road

SteelCityOffRoad.com
05-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Yes, you knew this one was coming!!!

Looks like it is time for yet another deal of the week. Last week's deal of the week went over well and this new method of marketing shows some promise.

I guess this week's deal of the week starts off with a little story. It all started last week with a poll on a forum, a couple of telephone calls and then I took a little roadtrip. I guess we can call it a business trip. By the time it was all over Steel City Off Road was the latest RockCrusher Manufacturing dealer (and I had a truck full of parts to drive back to PA!) The folks over at RockCrusher are great! I knew a couple of them from previous wheeling trips, and from talking to them on the internet, so that sort of broke the ice. While I was out there I had the opportunity to take a quick look at their facilities and some of the project vehicles that they had there. All I can say is "Wow!" That place is nice!

http://www.steelcityoffroad.com/productpics/SteelCityOffRoad/RockCrusher/RockCrusherLogo2.JPG

So I present you this week's deal of the week:

http://www.steelcityoffroad.com/productpics/SteelCityOffRoad/RockCrusher/rockcrusherDiffs.jpg

RockCrusher Differential Guards

I have about 20 or so of these in stock and ready to ship. I also have access to the entire supply at the RockCrusher Manufacturing warehouse located in North Jackson Ohio. If I run out of my stock on hand I will be able to drop ship straight from them. (Actually, odds are I will be making another trip there in the near future to pick up a few more items to keep in stock.)

So, here is the deal... The folks over at RockCrusher Manufacturing mandate the selling price of their products. I cannot sell for less than the mandatory price so I needed to think of someway to sweeten the deal. I needed to find a way to market these that made the product itself more attractive to the customers. Here is what I came up with.
FREE SHIPPING when you purchase a RockCrusher Manufacturing Differential Guard from Steel City Off Road. Trust me when I tell you that you really don't want to pay for the shipping on these things, they are heavy! These are a high-quality top-notch product with a great reputation and excellent reviews. I can tell you that I already have two Dana 44 versions set aside for my own vehicle, and a Dana 60 version waiting to go on to a project vehicle we are in the process of building.

Differential Guards for:
Dana 30
Dana 35
Dana 44
$124.99

Differential Guards for:
Dana 60
14-Bolt
Ford Sterling
$139.99

For more information on the RockCrusher Manufacturing products check out the new RockCrusher website at: www.RockCrusher-Mfg.com (http://www.rockcrusher-mfg.com/)
As always for price quotes or additional information on any of the products we sell, email me at Bill@SteelCityOffRoad.com

Prices and free shipping offer are good until Saturday May 20th 2006.

* Pennsylvania residents must pay sales tax.
** Free shipping offer only applies to the continental United States. (Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international shipping is not included.)

SteelCityOffRoad.com
05-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Already a shipment going out this afternoon...

Anyone else want one?

Cue-Ball
05-15-2006, 01:54 PM
PM sent

SteelCityOffRoad.com
05-15-2006, 02:38 PM
PM sent

Reply sent...

Oh, and I think Dirk is about to sweeten the deal! :D

Cue-Ball
05-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Reply sent...

Oh, and I think Dirk is about to sweeten the deal! :D

Yup, sure am.

Anyone who orders a diff cover from Bill during this deal of the week, I will toss in the Amsoil for the axle at cost +just $10.

After placing the diff cover order just shoot me a PM for pricing on the gear lube (be sure to tell me it is for the deal of the week).

Dirk

ArloGuthroJeep
05-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Any risk of a WJ's tie rod hitting the diff cover? (D30 btw)

OverkillZJ
05-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Any risk of a WJ's tie rod hitting the diff cover? (D BTW)

That is actually a very good question. I'll have an answer for you by the end of the week, a buddy with a WJ is stopping by and I'll make sure it doesn't hit.

I don't expect it to, the only guards I've seen hit that tie rod on the WJ's were ones that go on top of the diff cover, and stick out another inch or so. This should be closer to the stock cover lines and clear, but I'd like to confirm.

rrubio
05-16-2006, 01:03 PM
I have a guard type on my front diff and my tie-rod does not hit my diff..

SteelCityOffRoad.com
05-16-2006, 03:37 PM
I have a guy on another forum with a ZJ and he tells me that he has no issues with his.

SteelCityOffRoad.com
05-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Its Tuesday and I was hoping to be out of these things by Friday so I could have an excuse to head back up to RockCrusher...

Still some in stock...

You know you want one...

SteelCityOffRoad.com
05-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Well, still need to sell a few more before I get to run up to RockCrusher again.

Dave, I will be mailing your two diff guards out in the morning.

-Bill

StinkoMan20X6_
06-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Still got these things dude? I want a spare in case my massive aluminum one shatters on a rock!!!

BigDaveZJ
06-05-2006, 09:37 AM
We put ours on yesterday, these things are nice. For the price, they've gotta be one of the strongest diff guards out there. It'd be nice if RockCrusher clearanced the guards a little more so a socket could tighten every single bolt (only had to use a crescent wrench on two bolts) and used more of a standard fill hole plug, but they're much cheaper than their similar strength alternatives so I'm stoked about mine!

SteelCityOffRoad.com
06-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Still got these things dude? I want a spare in case my massive aluminum one shatters on a rock!!!

Yep, what application are you looking for?

Email me at Bill@SteelCityOffRoad.com

SteelCityOffRoad.com
06-05-2006, 03:40 PM
We put ours on yesterday, these things are nice. For the price, they've gotta be one of the strongest diff guards out there. It'd be nice if RockCrusher clearanced the guards a little more so a socket could tighten every single bolt (only had to use a crescent wrench on two bolts) and used more of a standard fill hole plug, but they're much cheaper than their similar strength alternatives so I'm stoked about mine!

Glad you liked them Dave! I am actually planning on putting the D44s on my TJ tomorrow night... :D

Cue-Ball
06-05-2006, 03:40 PM

Don't forget to order some Amsoil at the same time at discounted pricing.

Cue-Ball
06-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Glad you liked them Dave! I am actually planning on putting the D44s on my TJ tomorrow night... :D

What no Amsoil order??:eek:

OverkillZJ
06-06-2006, 01:02 AM
What no Amsoil order??:eek:

He doesnt' even know what weight to use, he's probably goign to try swiping some from the gallons I have still :smt026

Cue-Ball
06-06-2006, 01:54 AM
Well whatever works Matt.

Dirk

OverkillZJ
06-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Well whatever works Matt.

Dirk

I didn't say I was going to let him steal any of mine :smt109

SteelCityOffRoad.com
06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
GOOD NEWS!

I just got off the phone with Matt up at RockCrusher. It looks like the 8.8 and 14-bolt covers have been air shipped to RockCrusher and should be available very, very soon.

zj-monster
05-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Back from the dead!!!

Whats the lastest price scoop on covers for the 8.8? I need one pronto!! :D

OverkillZJ
05-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Thread was dead for a reson, SCOR is dead :D

Hit up solidaxle.com, RC changed businesses.