PDA

View Full Version : Finally got One

MississippiZJ
05-07-2006, 11:07 PM
I finally got a ZJ. Its a 1995 Red 2wd though, but i only paid 200 dollars for it. IT had a hole in the 4.0 that i could my hand inside of. Well i can't wait to get started makin her a 4wd.

DJJordache
05-07-2006, 11:15 PM
200 is a steal! I'm working on a writeup on my 4wd conversion but I have to get all the parts first.... I only need the transfer case (I think I found on and might get it in the next few days) and the front axle, I have everything else ready for my swap.

oh yeah eat shit and wecome to MC:D

MississippiZJ
05-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Yeah i am pumped i found a motor with 60,000 on it for 500 i havent really priced these motors before but i think thats a pretty good deal... i cant wait to see you write-up

DJJordache
05-07-2006, 11:24 PM
you can get a 4.0L block cheaper than that if you look around...
try car-part.com (http://www.car-part.com) or http://www.copartfinder.com/
the way I'm doing the swap is SUPER easy because of the way the 42re is made vs the aw4, you will see when ever I get it all together and installed I'll do a good writeup with lots of pics and details.
check out the writeup section for some cool ideas from people who actually mod thier ZJ/WJ's, and I'm not talking about "what kind of headlights are the bluest?:D" kinda crap...

edit to fix link b/c im tired!

MississippiZJ
05-07-2006, 11:31 PM
How hard would it be to put a 5.9 in my heep if i could find one?? do you have any idea

DJJordache
05-07-2006, 11:38 PM
How hard would it be to put a 5.9 in my heep if i could find one?? do you have any idea:smt046 if you have the time and money anything is possible but I would hella pass becasue it will be a huge pain in the ass and probably cheaper and more fun to build a stroker out of your 4.0L. the stroker in my brothers XJ can beat 5.9L ZJ's I know for sure I watched the race and laughed my butt off afterwards bc the 5.9 guy thought the XJ didn't stand a chance, plus the 4.0 will be more fuel economical anyways especially b/c the normal 5.9needs premium but that can be changed with a ecu flash at the dealer.

cliff notes: don't bother, you need the engine, transmission, all the wiring, and more, the 98 5.9L is ODBII and yours is OBDI, it would be easier and probably cheaper to buy one with the 5.9L already

MississippiZJ
05-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Well i will go with the used 4.0 and then when it does i will stroke it. Thanks for the help man

nickzj08
05-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Youve got to be kiddin' me. Your username is my photobucket id and username on other forums. Stalker! lol Where in Mississippi are you? im on the coast.

LouisianaZJ
05-08-2006, 12:36 AM
the 5.2L might not be too bad of a swap since you would be pulling the transmission anyways. not that i have ever done it before

maybe check out southern mississippi jeep club, depending on where in MS you are