PDA

View Full Version : Lift Install Questions

2jeepsforus
05-06-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm in the process of installing my 4.5 RE lift kit, that i bought used. Unfortunately I had to cut out one of my front lower control arm (axle side) adjustment bolts. You guys know the one that is locates your axle forward or backwards. The freakin thing was froze solid. Anyway, I was wondering can I just replace it with a standard grade 8 bolt and try to get it centered or what? I am using Fixed lowers on this install, until I can afford some adjustables. Any input would be great

This is what I am planning

4.5" spring, remove stock spacer and run 2" spacer in place of that for an additional 1" of lift to level out the jeep/arb/winch.

Thanks guys,
Dave

Tommy
05-06-2006, 07:53 PM
I would go to the dealer or NAPA or some where elese and get another. I actually have two sitting on my work bench in the garage. If you want them PM me, I will give them to you.......

DJJordache
05-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I would replace it with the cam bolts, but with that said mine uses grade 8 bolts in that spot. It was that way before I bought it used so I just left it that way when I did my lift, I don't care, I know it's aligned correctly:D

I have the bolt in the full front position and adjusted the arms to make it correct

nate
05-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah use the cam bolts. I have a few sets in a box full of bolts either in the garage or in the Jeep. If you want to cover the shipping, you can have them. I have no use for them.

2jeepsforus
05-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Let me check and see if I can get them tomorrow (Sunday) if not I might hit one you guys up on the offer. Shipping is no problem....

Thanks again,
Dave