PDA

View Full Version : iPod integration

BigDaveZJ
04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Looking at replacing the head unit in my 96 'Yota Avalon. I want to somewhat integrate my iPod and Sirius. For the Sirius just an aux input works fine, but for the iPod I'd like to control it from the head unit. So far I've found the Pioneer 4800 which has the aux input and the input for the iPod adapter. My only issue is the iPod adapter is $100.

Just wondering what other people have done to get it all working together.

Swamp boy
04-24-2006, 02:03 PM
I have a crappy pioneer CD player that barely works and the antenna ripped off years ago..:D

JpRngr
04-24-2006, 02:59 PM
What's an ipod?

Creech
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM
I have a car kit for my iPod that just transmits a radio signal. It works on a large range of FM freq's and just plugs into the cig lighter in my car. Works for me, and is portable from one vehicle to another. Probably not exactly what you were looking for, but an idea.

BigDaveZJ
04-24-2006, 03:38 PM
I have a car kit for my iPod that just transmits a radio signal. It works on a large range of FM freq's and just plugs into the cig lighter in my car. Works for me, and is portable from one vehicle to another. Probably not exactly what you were looking for, but an idea.

I've got that setup for my Sirius right now and really don't like it. I think I'm just going to get a Pioneer deck with a aux input and switch between the iPod and Sirius for now.

DJJordache
04-24-2006, 11:03 PM
My Pioneer has a aux input and I plug in my laptop and mp3 player to the stereo, and just for shits I put in Jurassic Park in my laptops DVD player and thats how it should have sounded in the theater when the water ripples from the footsteps:D

Krash80
04-25-2006, 01:10 AM
I had the FM transmitter for my ipod and I really liked how it worked, but the damn things are pieces of crap. I broke the first transmitter within about three days of having it cause the ipod fell on the floor of my truck; and then realizing that they were very fragile, I was super careful with the next one, but just the vibrations from it sitting in the cupholder of my truck broke the next two. After my third one broke I said the hell with it and got the adapter that goes into a tape deck. Fortunately my work truck and my pickup truck both have tape players...and I have an MP3-player in the trashcan.

BigDaveZJ
04-25-2006, 01:18 AM
I ended up getting a Panasonic deck. The Pioneer that I liked did some weird stuff with the display that I didn't like. I was just going to use the aux input for the iPod and the Sirius, but the Panasonic interface for the iPod was $50, whereas the Pioneer was $100. So I got that too. Works quite well. May eventually get the external Sirius tuner and control that from the deck too, but dunno yet since I still use the tuner in the ZJ and dont want to pay for another receiver that won't get used very much.

TrojanMan
04-28-2006, 04:51 AM
I have a clarion head unit that is sirius ready, it has an aux input that I ran an extension to inbetween the passenger seat and tranny tunnel. I plug my mp3 player into it there. I don't need a fancy schmancy ipot, nor a totally integrated setup. I just use the mp3 player's controls.

MarkCO
04-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Starting with the 2006 models, ALL Alpine head units will have native Ipod integration. All you need is the cable, so far there are only two models. But as new designs are introduced they will have Ipod integration.

Here is one of the new models:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=CDA-9857

KeepItCrunk
10-25-2006, 04:28 AM
Over the summer at work i put an Alpine deck into my bosses 56 caddy el dorado... 396 bb, TH400, soooo siiickkk... anyways, the deck was one of those integrated i-pod ones and it works beautifully. Im not really familiar with alpine as ive always been a clarion guy... But it seems to be a great deck... especially with 4 kicker 6x9's and a 400 watt 4 channel, and an 800 watt mono with 2 comp vr12's lol... prolly the pimpest/loudest 56 caddy ever, i wish it was my dd. How sweet would that look towing a tubed n chopped zj down the highway???

Jeeperoni91
02-19-2007, 10:57 PM

me too

Mtn WJ
02-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I bought one of the FM transmitters that you plug into the lighter for my Wife's Volvo and installed it permanantly on the side of the console. It works pretty decent. Volvo's do not use the traditional antenna system and even though it is an 06 with the upgrade stereo it did not have an aux input. Fricken Swedes and their MP3 prejudice.

My 06 Fusion came with an AUX in for Ipods etc and my 5 year old Alpine in my WJ had an aux input too.

zj95maxx
02-20-2007, 03:49 PM
They have this..this is about as ipod intergrated as you get
Clarion VRX765VD

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2006/020/l020VRX765-f.jpeg

But I dont know how fancy your looking to go..this price tag is about
649..so..I dunno.

Oh, after posting I saw you already got one, my bad

MarkCO
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I know the original request wasn't for a GC, however Mopar now has an ipod integration kit available for the RB1 GPS units.

BigDaveZJ
02-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Holy old thread Batman!! I sold the car this thread was about over 6 months ago!

OverkillZJ
02-20-2007, 08:13 PM
LMAO

the truck needs something new and shiny anyway ;)

BigDaveZJ
02-20-2007, 08:15 PM
LMAO

the truck needs something new and shiny anyway ;)

I had the stereo I bought for the Avalon in the truck within hours of signing on the dotted line! But yeah, the truck does need something new and shiny, or maybe something not shiny like and AFE Stage 2 intake!