PDA

View Full Version : motor troubles

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
04-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Well the newly acquired daily driver 92 buick century is acting up already. After I get back from a long drive today I have this horrendous noise coming from the engine bay. It sounds like a combination of a squeaky belt, rattling heat shield and a bad pulley. I pulled off the belt and ran the engine for a moment and the noise persisted. This knocks out the water pump, alternator, idler, and a/c pulley bearings. The only one spinning was the crank pulley.

But before I go tearing into it, I was thinking that it also sounds like the starter is not disengaging. Is this a possibility? Listening to the noise it really sounds like that may be the issue. I am back to driving the jeep since it is fairly street friendly, but with gas prices at $3/gallon I'd like to get this fixed soon.

Thanks for any input.

DCHZJ
04-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Totaly possable, and it will be loud as hell to. Yank the started you will know right away if it is engaged.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
04-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Totaly possable, and it will be loud as hell to. Yank the started you will know right away if it is engaged.

pull the starter after the engine is turned on?

DCHZJ
04-21-2006, 08:44 PM
pull the starter after the engine is turned on?
LOL,

No after it is off, it may still be engaged if it is really screwed.

LouisianaZJ
04-21-2006, 08:47 PM
distributor