PDA

View Full Version : GSW Attendees! Saturday night banquet info!

BigDaveZJ
04-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Pam sent this out in email as well to everyone that is confirmed, so this may look familiar.

Hey All!

For those of you that are repeat GSW attendees, you should remember me from last year. I’m the PITA that bothered you incessantly about last year’s banquet. Apparently I did a bang up job of harassing everyone last year, so I’m back at it again this year. For those of you that are new to GSW or didn’t make it to last year’s event, I’ll give you the brief run down of who I am.

Last year was my 1st GSW. At the time, I didn’t even have a jeep of my own for multiple reasons and ended up riding shot gun with my husband (then boyfriend) Big Dave. Dave went from boyfriend to fiancé during GSW last year on Golden Spike. That was one helluva Day! In any event, this year I’ll have my own ZJ in Moab and will be leading a ladies oriented run on Saturday (see mallcrawlin.com for more details). Somehow, even though last year was my first year, I got mixed up in all this and ended up with the pleasure of being able to harass the entire lot of you about the banquet – incessantly. :o)

So, here goes the harassment.

The banquet is Saturday night. It will run from 8:30 pm to 10 pm. It will be buffet style. During dinner, thanks to our sponsors, we will have some giveaways. I’m also pretty sure we’ll have some other announcements regarding the trail runs, etc during the night. All in all, it’s a good time for everyone. It gives everyone a change to get together at once and just hang out. The entire family is welcome.

Dinner will be at Canyonlands By Night. It’s on the north end of town, north of the bridge, right on the Colorado River. The meal will be served Buffet Style and will include

BBQ Pork, BBQ Beef & BBQ Chicken.
Roast Beef & Roast Pork.
Cowbow Potatoes,
Beans,
Biscuts,
Salad Bar
Desert,
Lemonade, Ice Tea, Coffee or Water.

Dinner is $20 per adult $16 per child. There will be a cash bar available.

So, why do I send you all of this information now? Because I need to know who is attending . I need a head count. And due to circumstances beyond our control, we need payments up front this year. I know it’s a pain but, that’s the way it goes.

So, here is what I need from you.

First and foremost - Please respond via email if you plan on attending.
Then, send payment for however many you are RSVP’ing for to:

Please do this as soon as possible. We have till two weeks prior to the event to get final head count in. After that you will be SOL. Once the final headcount is in, that’s the number we go with. Besides the longer you delay, the more obnoxious emails from me you will receive.

So, let me know if you have questions. I’ll get them answered for you as quickly as I can.

Thanks all!!!
~Pam

Dave's Edit for PayPal info:
Alright, everything is setup on PayPal now to handle payments for the GSW Banquet.

Send payment to gswbanquet@mallcrawlin.com (gswbanquet@mallcrawlin.com)

Payment amounts:
Adult: $21
Child: $17

BE ABSOLUTELY SURE to include the names of people you are paying for as well as who is a child, who is an adult.

Cue-Ball
04-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Can we PayPal the money??

bburgi
04-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Can we PayPal the money??
x2 ?

BigDaveZJ
04-21-2006, 12:32 PM
We're working on figuring that out right now as we need to figure out a way to compensate for the fees that PayPal charges for a transaction. I should have an answer by the end of the day.

Cue-Ball
04-21-2006, 12:35 PM
We're working on figuring that out right now as we need to figure out a way to compensate for the fees that PayPal charges for a transaction. I should have an answer by the end of the day.

I will gladly cover the PayPal fees.

ArloGuthroJeep
04-21-2006, 12:39 PM
I will gladly cover the PayPal fees.

For all of us? How generous:D

Cue-Ball
04-21-2006, 12:40 PM
For all of us? How generous:D

Well how about anyone that places and Amsoil order before the end of April I will cover the PayPal fees for.:smt023

BigDaveZJ
04-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Okay, for PayPal, please add $1.00 per person to cover the PayPal fees associated with the transaction. I will be creating a PayPal address specifically for this in the next few minutes and will post that up.

BigDaveZJ
04-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Alright, everything is setup on PayPal now to handle payments for the GSW Banquet.

Send payment to gswbanquet@mallcrawlin.com

Payment amounts:
Adult: $21
Child: $17

BE ABSOLUTELY SURE to include the names of people you are paying for as well as who is a child, who is an adult.

nate
04-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Anyway I could go without eating? I just can't afford it. I'm not sure I'll be able to make GSW at this point due to lack of funds.

Bustin' Loose
04-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Okay, since Dave wanted to play Pam today . . . I guess he made an executive decision and decided paypal was okay. So paypal away. But make sure you indicate who you are paying for and how many Adults/children.

And no, unfortunately, because it is a buffett if you attend the banquet, you will have to pay. The restaurant isn't going to allow people to get inside an attend without paying for a meal. Sorry about that.

nate
04-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Makes sense. Just $20 is alot of food to eat :D Went to the pizza place in Moab (all you can eat) and we figured 11 slices to cover the cost. So I ate 12 and could have ate more, just didn't want to look like a pig too much. haha

I have to calculate the ESJ Moab trip, but I'm guessing it cost me about $500-600 between everything. Not bad... but when I'm rolling change to put diesel in the truck, it's alot of money!

Anyway, I'll try and sit down tonight and figure out my finanicial plan and I'll have a yes/no answer about GSW.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
04-22-2006, 12:43 PM
payment mailed.

BigDaveZJ
04-22-2006, 01:29 PM
payment mailed.

Are you flying in or riding out with someone?? You registration shows cancelled?

Bustin' Loose
04-25-2006, 03:20 PM
FYI, for those interested, a Child is ages 4-12. Over 12 is an adult. Under 4 is Free. I'll be forwarding this info via email as well later tonight.

Z
04-25-2006, 03:33 PM
FYI, for those interested, a Child is ages 4-12. Over 12 is an adult. Under 12 is Free. I'll be forwarding this info via email as well later tonight.

I presume that should be Under 4 is Free?

BigDaveZJ
04-25-2006, 04:26 PM
I presume that should be Under 4 is Free?

That's my guess too, I edited her post to say 4.

Bustin' Loose
04-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Oops...and I haven't sent the email yet either. *sigh*

I swear I'll get the email out tonight and a reminder as well.

Texas ZJ1
05-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Payment sent 2 adults.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
05-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Are you flying in or riding out with someone?? You registration shows cancelled?

i am riding with Kris. As of now my heep is on stands and i have no $ to finish it by June.

Kraqa
05-05-2006, 03:47 PM
payment sent puma is with me.

ArloGuthroJeep
05-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Payment sent, two of us:D

Bustin' Loose
05-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Keep it coming all. We are less than three weeks away from our deadline for the banquet

Texas ZJ1
05-09-2006, 12:40 AM
I knew it.

El and Chris are dating. :tease:

Hunter

PassRunnerZJ
05-25-2006, 12:20 AM
One more adult ticket purchased for my group Pam.

Bustin' Loose
05-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Passrunner = Todd??

One more in hopes that your son makes it? If that's the case, got it!

And yes Hunter, I think I scared Kris' girlfriend away last year and he has been force to keep warm in bed with Torx Bolt.

Edited for the spelling police

BigDaveZJ
05-25-2006, 10:50 AM
And yes Hunter, I think I scared Kris' girlfriend away last year and he has been force to keep warm in bed with Torque's Bolt.

It's Torx . . . unless Kris has another gay lover?

Bustin' Loose
05-25-2006, 11:03 AM
LOL...fixed it for the anal retentive

BigDaveZJ
05-25-2006, 11:04 AM
LOL...fixed it for the anal retentive

Not even gonna go there . . . . . .

Bustin' Loose
05-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Not even gonna go there . . . . . .

That would be a good career move. . .

Cue-Ball
05-25-2006, 11:45 AM
That would be a good career move. . .

(from the Love Boat theme)" Ah Love is in the air...."

Bustin' Loose
05-25-2006, 01:37 PM
:rofl:

There is a story behind that comment. And not the kind of story you are thinking of!!!

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
05-25-2006, 05:26 PM
wow this thread took a turn for the worse. :doh:

Texas ZJ1
05-25-2006, 06:11 PM
You guys are such geeks. Posting to each other from across the couch.

Hunter

Cue-Ball
05-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Sorry I had to cancel, but just use my dinner payment for someone else who might need a break on the price.

Dirk

Cue-Ball
05-26-2006, 10:48 AM

Hunter

HAHAHA

Bustin' Loose
05-26-2006, 03:13 PM

Hunter

At 10am in the morning??

Dude, some of us work for a living. :flipoff2::smt110

Texas ZJ1
05-27-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm at work right now....

anyway, I've called Bob and told him to give you a pm or email concerning the banquet.

Hunter

SkyjacktZJ
05-27-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm at work right now....

anyway, I've called Bob and told him to give you a pm or email concerning the banquet.

Hunter
Thanks for the call, Hunter.
I just paid for 4 adults. Not sure if my sister-in-law is coming too, but I'd hate to leave her out. If she doesn't ride out with us, I'll have an extra ticket for someone.

BigDaveZJ
05-27-2006, 10:14 AM
I just paid for 4 adults. Not sure if my sister-in-law is coming too, but I'd hate to leave her out. If she doesn't ride out with us, I'll have an extra ticket for someone.

Deadline for our final payment to the restaurant was yesterday at the end of business. We'll see if we can get you in, if not we'll refund the money.

Bustin' Loose
05-27-2006, 01:02 PM

Sorry guys. My final payment had to be in by yesterday 4pm. That's why I've sent emails to everyone at least weekly. I've been sending emails for 5 weeks at least saying that if you don't RSVP AND make payment by 5/24 you would not be able to come. I can't do anything about it at this point. The person I speak to isn't in till tuesday again now. We're done. As of yesteday, the banquest was set.

SkyjacktZJ
05-27-2006, 09:14 PM
I "snoozed - I "losed".

I'll just find some road kill to bbq up...
LOL

Bustin' Loose
05-28-2006, 12:05 AM
I "snoozed - I "losed".

I'll just find some road kill to bbq up...
LOL

We are working on it. I should know on Tuesday. If it'll fly, I'll let you know asap so you can send payment back. I just don't want to hold on to your payment till I'm sure

SkyjacktZJ
05-28-2006, 12:11 AM
I appreciate all your efforts. We'd really like to attend, but if it doesn't work out we can still join the group for after dinner libations!

Thanks

Cue-Ball
05-29-2006, 01:23 AM
Well someone can take my one spot if that helps out.

Dirk

BigDaveZJ
05-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Well someone can take my one spot if that helps out.

Dirk

Pam said she had refunded your money on Friday . . . so I don't think your spot is available anymore.

Snowman
05-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Pam said she had refunded your money on Friday . . . so I don't think your spot is available anymore.

This will be the first GS event that I will have attended and I am already impressed how hard Dave and Pam, among others, have really busted their asses to to make this event work.

Just to let you know that somebody noticed.

Bustin' Loose
05-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks Snowman.

Dirk, I didn't add you into the RSVp since you canceled before I made my call. I believe you pd by check, but I have to check my records. I'll be sending your money back to you. You canceled before the deadline and that's what I said we'd do.

Cue-Ball
05-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I payed through PayPal but no worries on sending a refund.

Dirk

Bustin' Loose
05-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Okay, I managed to get 6 more RSVP'd. One for Ron, 4 for Bob and 1 for Tom Woods.

I think that does it!

PassRunnerZJ
05-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Okay, I managed to get 6 more RSVP'd. One for Ron, 4 for Bob and 1 for Tom Woods.

I think that does it!

Cool, and a standing "O" :smt038 for Pam and all her hard work on this year's pain in the rear banquet. Thank you Pam!!! And Tom and others that did some leg work!

-Todd

OverkillZJ
05-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Tom Woods is coming? SWEET!

Cue-Ball
05-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Sure make me even more upset about not being able to attend. I think I might have to unsubscribe from this thread before I make myself ill.

OverkillZJ
05-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Now I'm sad I sold of the Tom Woods shafts I'd been abusing for 5 years without issue :finga: (needed drive flange ends)

rrubio
05-30-2006, 07:54 PM
He was there last year also.

zjmike4
05-30-2006, 08:01 PM

I'll make sure I'm next to him at the bar this year....

Pitch
05-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I'll make sure I'm next to him at the bar this year....

Yeah, Tom filled my glass at least 3 times last year. He's a fun guy to talk with, and he usually brings prizes too!

Sandy R
05-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah, Tom filled my glass at least 3 times last year. He's a fun guy to talk with, and he usually brings prizes too!

Tom donated a $200 gift cert and several baseball caps with his name on them. He emailed me today that he will be in Moab during GSW and will try to make it -- I offered to buy his dinner and beer this year if he does make it.

And I too echo Todd on the great job that Pam and Tom have done in getting the PIA banquet together.

OverkillZJ
05-30-2006, 11:29 PM
He was there last year also.

...He was there while some of us where still towing broken rigs off of Golden Spike :cool:

By the time we got there (dirty) food was almost gone, but it was still fun minus the rain.

Colorado 5.9
05-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Well If I'd known someone was going to talk to Tom Woods today I'd have had you tell him to crack the wip on his guys & get my DS made along with sending the SYE for my 242 ASAP.:D

I ordered it early this afternoon.:D

Dahhh, I know put it off WAY to long. Josh said it should go out tomorrow & sould be here by fri.

Sandy R
05-31-2006, 12:18 AM
Well If I'd known someone was going to talk to Tom Woods today I'd have had you tell him to crack the wip on his guys & get my DS made along with sending the SYE for my 242 ASAP.:D

I ordered it early this afternoon.:D

Dahhh, I know put it off WAY to long. Josh said it should go out tomorrow & sould be here by fri.

Scott,
Tom Wood has a shop right in Moab so even if it's not in your possession before you leave I'm sure they could make you one in short order.
Sandy

chadjans
05-31-2006, 12:52 AM
I read somewhere that Tom and Son will be closing their shop in Moab soon, if not by the time we arrive.

Chad

Colorado 5.9
05-31-2006, 03:55 AM
Scott,
Tom Wood has a shop right in Moab so even if it's not in your possession before you leave I'm sure they could make you one in short order.
Sandy

LOL, yea but the SYE is coming too. So if it some how it doesn't get here by Mon. I'm screwed. I'll have to come out with my teeth vibrating to hell because of the 249. Or I can just throw the 242 as is on Sun. or Mon. & have the Double cardan shaft that I'm useing now cut down 1.5" on Mon.

I just don't want to do that because it will cut down the # of people that can use/buy it.

I also will still need to take the Jeep for a test wheel.:(

I hope to be doing that on Sun. if all goes well.

Metalman
05-31-2006, 09:51 AM
Make sure to ask Tom to send you one if his cool bumper stickers that say "My Shaft Is A Woody". He is definitely a great guy and very funny to talk to.