PDA

View Full Version : It's coming up on 5 years now

Colorado 5.9
04-20-2006, 05:43 AM
With the 5 anniversary coming up for my first GSW. I thought I would post all the photos from it.

For those who don't know. We held it in Apsen. I can't remember all the passes/trails that were ran. I do know we did Pear Pass but that's it. Some people ran Holy Cross on thur. before GSW.

I think all had fun even though the trails weren't very hard. I could be wrong but I don't remember anyone having long arm's. If there was, it was only a couple.

For those that were there, how can we forget Matt's(Not our present Matt) incedent with the boulder.:smt081

Or poor louie, Justins dog getting run over.:(

Not really.:D

Or a certain someone running out of gass on the last day.:shake:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Colorado59/GSW%2001/?start=all

The last few photos are of Justin's 5.9 not mine.

Metalman
04-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Great photos! Sorry I missed that one cause with Moab being so close, I'm guessing there probably won't ever be another Grand Slam in Colorado.

BigDaveZJ
04-20-2006, 10:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Colorado59/GSW%2001/118-1893_IMG.jpg

That's so effin hardcore!!!

I still can't believe he torched that thing . . . . .

NAFTEL
04-20-2006, 10:48 AM
nice scenery in those pics.

PassRunnerZJ
04-20-2006, 03:25 PM
I think that you did Pear Pass to Taylor Pass loop starting in Aspen. That is the more challenging direction to do it too, especially in early June with the run off coming down the South side of Taylor Pass. We did it the other direction in 2003 not knowing which way was harder, now I want to do it in reverse. The scenery is great with a nice view of the backside of Maroon Bells.

If you can incorporate the upper Cement Creek trail with these two it would make it even better.

I've thought about trying to setup an un-official GS San Juans, but time keeps running out and the todo list keeps getting longer at home.

Cody
04-20-2006, 04:18 PM
thats was my 2nd grand slam, so I guess this is my 6th. Gees.

good times.

Cody

ArloGuthroJeep
04-20-2006, 05:47 PM
I am sure Moab will be fun, but it doesn't have shit on Colorado's scenery:supz:

PassRunnerZJ
04-20-2006, 05:50 PM
thats was my 2nd grand slam, so I guess this is my 6th. Gees.

good times.

Cody

And the last one with a top on if I have my years correct. Ah the beginings of Cody's greatness, boldness, and noteriety(sp).

Cody
04-20-2006, 08:16 PM
And the last one with a top on if I have my years correct. Ah the beginings of Cody's greatness, boldness, and noteriety(sp).

yup, post roll number 1 (flop) pre chop top. I don't know about the rest of that stuff.

Cody

rrubio
04-21-2006, 05:48 PM
It's been along time for me also.My first GSW was in Aspen also but I was a passenger then.Been to every once since then.

OverkillZJ
04-21-2006, 07:33 PM
I am sure Moab will be fun, but it doesn't have shit on Colorado's scenery:supz:

Said by someone who's obviously never been to Moab.

The scenery is different, but god damned amazing.

BigDaveZJ
04-21-2006, 08:03 PM

From someone who lives in Colorado and been to Moab several times . . . .

X2!

PassRunnerZJ
04-24-2006, 11:14 AM

x(Infinity)
From someone who can't get enough wheeling days in either the mountains or Moab and who lives in the middle of both.

ArloGuthroJeep
04-28-2006, 11:02 PM

Been there twice before, I just have a love for the mountains, not desert. Not saying Moab doesn't have some awesome views, but I care for the mountains.

nate
04-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Moab is nice, but it's nothing compared to Alaska. Alaska or Moab wheeling... I'd pick Alaska without thinking twice.

Jeepin' Wolf
04-30-2006, 03:00 AM
My first GSW as well. Oh the memories, I was super psyched before, during and long after that trip. Nice to see those pics again.