PDA

View Full Version : Waggy 44 knuckle strength

ATL ZJ
04-16-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm getting rid of my bent ES2233L (the TRE with the steering stab hole that you ream out). I'm looking for a LH thread 1 ton TRE with the same 1.5"/ft. taper. The only thing I could come up with was to run the ES2027L (high misalignment drag link end) at that knuckle. But even though the taper is the same, the diameter of it is larger. So I would have to ream out the Waggy knuckle a little. Will it hold up? This is with a 1.5" .250 wall tie rod and a 1.5" ram. I do have a spare knuckle available that I can take on the trail though.

Oh and if you're wondering, the draglink connection will be made using a tab with a tapered hole for the ES2026R draglink end or simply a double shear tab for a heim.

EMTimZJ
04-16-2006, 03:01 PM
If I am reading this chart correctly ( http://www.partsmikeparts.com/tre_comparison.htm ) then it seems as though you will only need to ream the knuckle out 0.018" more. That does not seem like much to worry about.

RUYellow
04-20-2006, 12:45 AM
I just had a new trackbar built by www.wfoconcepts.com

It is awesome, 1.25" DOM 1/4 wall, tapped for 7/8 and I have the ES 2010L and 2010R. The TRE's are very short, threaded all the way to the joint.

WFO is awesome, I called them @ 3:00 and ordered it, and it shipped out the same day.

I can post a pic if you want to see.

I do have some concern about the knucle size as well, and if I can taper it enough. The taper on the TRE will need to be 3/8" lower than the bottom of the knuckle. I am planning on welding some tubing onto the bottom of the knuckle and reaming it all out together. I don't want to just add washers.

ATL ZJ
04-20-2006, 01:10 AM
I've heard good things about WFO but I prefer making my own stuff.. I'm not sure what you mean about adding tubing to the knuckle; a pic might help me understand what you're getting at.