PDA

View Full Version : Hackberry Creek Az

FearTheDentist
04-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Had a fun trip today. Overall this is a fairly mild trail, mostly go for the scenery. There's a few areas you can make something of it if you want to though. I actually was able to drive out of this- still had just enough traction despite being on my side :D

Pitch
04-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Brian, was that the side trail that Chad and Nathaniel walked up towards on the backside of our figure 8 at GSSW?

FearTheDentist
04-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Yup. Was interesting- the ground looked like rock, but you could crumble it in your hands. I tried straddling the fissure all the way up, thie first pic is where the ground gave way on the driver's side, dropping the front left into the ditch. Got more and more interesting from there :D

Pitch
04-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Did you run down that hill too?? Did the TJ's in the bacground follow you through?

Cody
04-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Nice. Looks like you're having a good time with my baby. Those are the types of obstacles that you drive out of and are amazed afterwards.

did you back out or drive forward out?

FearTheDentist
04-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Trying to follow my intended line was just tearing up the landscape- as soon as a tire started to get a purchase the ground would just crumble (in front of the driver's side in the first pic you can see where the groud has been crumbled away by my previous attempt). I'm sure if I was stubborn enough I could have made it (all the debris would build up a ramp if nothing else), but I didn't want to scar the place up so I backed out.

Cody, your baby and I seem to have reached an understanding, and everything has been working quite well since :D

Did you run down that hill too?? Did the TJ's in the bacground follow you through?

We did the loop the opposite way, so we were coming up the obstacle. The TJ's followed the "normal" line, only one needed winching (used me as an anchor when I was on my side in the ditch :D).

DISCLAIMER: I have no rig. Everything I have to offer is merely hearsay and unsubstantiated rumor. Any personal attacks made by me are likely a product of intoxication and my own bitterness and sense of inadequacy fueled in large by the first sentence in this paragraph. Have a nice day.

OK, now I'm feeling bad....

Cody
04-16-2006, 11:13 PM
glad to hear that. Just takes time and it'll only get better.

It's crazy how off camber it'll go before it actually goes over isn't it....

see you (and it) in a few weeks....

Cody

FearTheDentist
04-16-2006, 11:29 PM
It's crazy how off camber it'll go before it actually goes over isn't it....

Cody
You're not kidding! It's also crazy about how much bolder you get when you're not worried about body damage :D

see you (and it) in a few weeks....

Cody

Looking forward to it!

Cody
04-16-2006, 11:56 PM
You're not kidding! It's also crazy about how much bolder you get when you're not worried about body damage :D

yes, yes it is. It's hard to go back to the other way of life. Being stressed while wheelin sucks.

Cody