PDA

View Full Version : making a HF trailer with a D35???

violatedppl
04-05-2006, 11:05 PM
I am looking at getting this trailer http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=42709
and using it for camping stuff and what not. My idea is the grab a complete D35 out of a cherokee that way I would have spare everything needed for the axle incase something brakes. would anyone see something wrong with this. I would also try and use the same sized tire as whats on my ZJ being at the biggest 32's at this point.

ATL ZJ
04-06-2006, 01:05 AM
You're seriously going to take a spare housing wheeling with you? I'd joked about doing that 3-4 years ago, but never really thought seriously about it. Might as well just take the c-clips, spiders, crosspin, and shafts out of it and toss those in the back of the ZJ.. But if you're buying the trailer anyways, I guess it wouldn't hurt anything other than gas mileage.

violatedppl
04-07-2006, 12:36 AM
I was going to be using the trailer for holding camping gear, and more as a utility trailer. And If I am going to do it I figured that I could use the same axle I have on my ZJ incase something brakes I can canablize the trailer and than come back later and fix it. Since it will have all the same parts. Also figured I could carry 3 extra spares if necessary on the trailer since the bolt pattern is the same.

doyll
04-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm no rocket scientist, but that HF trailer is made of very light material and won't last long off-road. I'll bet 2 good size guys could make it look like a pretzel in a parking lot without braking a sweat. Changing the axle isn't going to make it any more durable.

Good Luck! ;)

BlaineWasHere
04-22-2006, 01:04 PM
So you want to put a D35 axel on a trailer? At least thats one place it won't bust a shaft!