PDA

View Full Version : GSW Female Run - Poison Spider Mesa - Saturday

Bustin' Loose
03-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Okay, last year it was mentioned that there were several women who wanted to drive or at least try driving and for various reasons didn't or never got the change. It was also mentioned that it might make sense to have a female run. So. . .

The planners have decided to have a female feature run. THis is not going to be a female only run but it will be intended as a way to get the ladies out there to try their hand behind the wheel. Guys are welcome to come along.

Actually, we realize that there are probably women who will feel more comfortable with their respective guy in the passenger seat. I'm sure there are some women out there that would feel more comfortable with their respective guy no where in sight. Either way works for us. There are plenty of available seats on other runs for any displaced men. (welcome to the world of trail bitch men. . .)

I will be the trail lead (God help you all) and will help with spotting. Dave will be in the line up as either my tail gunner or my second. It depends on if Cristi is willing to be my tail gunner or not. If she is, then Cristi and I will help spot as well as Dave. Any guy/gal who doesn't feel comfortable with us spotting is welcome to pick his/her spotter. I guess the thought is that the women might feel more comfortable if they saw other women leading the trail and doing some of the spotting - proving that you don't have to be a guy to do this. :flipoff2:

The primary intention of this run is to teach and experience, to get some passengers to move over to the drivers seat. No need to pretend you know everything. No need to impress. The entire purpose of this run is to get new people (mostly girls but guys too!) out there to learn the ropes and learn them the right way.

So, here is your change guys. Want your girl to be more interested in Wheeling? Want her to not bitch so much about it? Let her get behind the wheel and see how much fun it is! Let her get out there and learn how to spot you. Get her involved.

Again, you do not have to be female to drive this run. But keep in mind if you do run this with us, there may be a higher concentration of new and/or female drivers that may make it a slower day. Any women out there that want to give it a try but are nervous, take an experienced driver along and if it get's to be too much switch drivers.

So...do I have any takers????

P.S. The trail run schedule is almost finalized but I'm pretty sure the day for this run is set. The trail is definately set for poison spider.

EMTimZJ
03-25-2006, 03:03 AM
Pam, sounds like a great idea. My girlfriend is very interested!

See you in June.

-Tim

rrubio
03-26-2006, 03:41 AM
Count my girl Kim in.She ran a trail today at GSSW and did pretty good.

Texas ZJ1
03-29-2006, 03:33 AM
Watch out, Rrubio might put on a wig and go. Of course, the driving habits wouldn't change.:smt068

Hunter

rrubio
03-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Watch out, Rrubio might put on a wig and go. Of course, the driving habits wouldn't change.:smt068

Hunter
Ive told Kim to follow you on any trails and stay close behind you.

Texas ZJ1
03-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Yeah,

she smells better than you do.:smt063

Hunter