PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing Something Here?

Desert Stomper
03-21-2006, 11:04 AM
I have signed up for the GSSW event, but have seen no definite info on starting times or locations. There's only a couple of days to go, so this info would be nice to have. If I have missed the location of this info could someone please steer my in the right derction.

FearTheDentist
03-21-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll pass that along to the other planners so we can come up w\ a definite time. We'll be meeting each AM at that the staging area in FJ off 79 (click on the map links in my "GSSW registration site now up" post below if you're not familar w\ the area). We're having a final meeting this evening, I'll post details tonight.

Impressive specs on your WJ- is it the silver one which was on ebay a few months ago? I'm anxious to see it!

JohnBoulderCO
03-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Sounds like Henly's old rig. Nice that it will finally see some rocks!

Desert Stomper
03-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Impressive specs on your WJ- is it the silver one which was on ebay a few months ago? I'm anxious to see it!

This is actually a dark grey one (taupe to be exact). I bought off Ebay back in November. It did belong to Anton, user name AAMC. I'm looking foward to wheelin in this area. I have never been down there, but hear it's great. I Should be able meet up with people Thursday, but if not Friday is definite.

See everyone there,
Dan

JohnBoulderCO
03-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Oh, Anton's. Yes, I have seen that one. It's well built and has been on the rocks in Moab. Cool!

Cody
03-21-2006, 06:26 PM
anton's WJ is seeexxxy!

FearTheDentist
03-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I was so pissed when I saw what your WJ went for! I've spent more than twice as much on my WJ (new in '04) with all the mods and what not, and it still falls well short of how yours is set up :(. I look forward to seeing it!

Pitch
03-21-2006, 10:48 PM
And what about the Thursday Night M&G... anything doing? Will we be in Florence or Apache Junction?

Hey Dan, are you getting the hang of the dub yet? I was the "little" WJ on the Crown King run with you back in December when you were getting your first trail time with it. I trust you are getting more comfortable behind the wheel at this point...

Desert Stomper
03-22-2006, 12:33 AM
I was so pissed when I saw what your WJ went for! I've spent more than twice as much on my WJ (new in '04) with all the mods and what not, and it still falls well short of how yours is set up :(. I look forward to seeing it!

Yea, I know what you mean. When I saw this thing I just had to have it. I knew there was no way I could build it for anywhere near what I paid. I was really surprised at what I got it for. But I was even more surprised when I saw it listed here for $16,000 and noone jumped on it.

I've had it for about six months now and it's been a great rig so far. I did have to make some repairs, but nothing major. Although I wasn't planning on replacing a $300 tire already. That kinda hurt. The MTR just cracked apart between the sidewall treads.

Should be a good time the weekend.

Desert Stomper
03-22-2006, 12:45 AM
Hey Dan, are you getting the hang of the dub yet? I was the "little" WJ on the Crown King run with you back in December when you were getting your first trail time with it. I trust you are getting more comfortable behind the wheel at this point...

I am getting a little more comfortable with it. It doesn't seem as hugh as it did. Unfortunately I work weekends, so I don't get it on the trails much. As a result I still don't have much offroading experience with it. That's one of the reasons I'm looking foward to this event. It's a great chance to get out there and do what it's meant to do.

I did raise the bump stops, so I shouldn't have the problem with bottoming out that I had on the Crown King trip. It should result in a smoother ride so I can keep the up pace better.

FearTheDentist
03-22-2006, 02:13 AM
M&G will be 7:00-9:00 PM at the Red Sage restaurant in Apache Junction (8330 E Sunrise Sky Drive, Apache Junction, Arizona 85219)
We'll be meeting each morning at the campsite at 9:00. I'm going to post a summary in a new thread "GSSW times and places"

Do you work every Friday as well? If not, I never work Fridays and am always happy to hit the trail.

Desert Stomper
03-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Do you work every Friday as well? If not, I never work Fridays and am always happy to hit the trail.

I work Friday-Sunday, which kinda sucks. But I have the rest of the week off, so if anyone would like do some wheelin during the week I'm up for it.

chadjans
03-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Check: http://gssw.mallcrawlin.com/ for Thursday Meet and Greet.

Trail days: 9:00 AM at our group camping location. Travel approximately 4.5-5 miles south from US60 on HWY 79. Look for a flag pole and a parking section on the east side of HWY 79. If you cross the train tracks or can see the prisons you have gone to far. Then travel 4 miles heading due east on this well traveled road looking for our group camping spot on the north side of the trailhead road.

My cell is 520-990-6207

Chad

DansZJ
03-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Quick question for you guys that have been on a trail ride before. I don't have a cb-radio since mine was stolen out of my ZJ. I do have a couple GPS radios. Will this suffice or do I need to run out to Radio Shack and pick up a new CB? Thanks! I'll be out there tomorrow either way!

Dan
Phoenix, AZ
93 ZJ 4.0, AW4, Banks Header, Magnaflow Exhaust, Kevins BB & Radiator Support, shiny cold-air intake, 31" Bridgestone M/T's