PDA

View Full Version : Steering Vs. Sway bar mount

Dragonfuel
03-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Has anyone ever come accross the right front Drag link contacting the
Lower sway bar mount weld to the axle tube.
What has worked? There is no signs of anything bent, yet.
4.5" RE springs, JKS Quiker Discos, JKS Upper and Lower Control Arms, JKS adjustable track bar with KOR drop bracket.

DND
03-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Barring something simple like a bent draglink, you did check for that first right? Have you used the adjustability of the JKS arms to move the axle forward, maybe to gain tire clearance at the back of the wheelwell? Take a look at the line down the draglink from the pitman arm to the right knuckle where the draglink attaches. How much further forward is the knuckle mounting point? Simple solution is to replace the swaybar mount with an elevated mount.

nate
03-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Cut the mount off.

luvthejeep
03-03-2006, 09:10 AM
move the mount higer- i had to redo those stupid mounts like 4 times because they kept snaping- ended up having to brace the crap out of them-

OverkillZJ
03-03-2006, 10:11 AM
What he said. Cut off, move higher, modify links as needed.

gearhead313
03-03-2006, 07:29 PM
ya, mine is bent to SHIT. move it up fawker.

StinkoMan20X6_
03-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I bought taller ones for mine but something else was hitting them after that and bending them into the springs. I ended up having to strap them to trees and beat them off with a hammer. Not sure what to do next, but I'm probly gonna try the stock ones again. I never found out what the longer ones were hitting. Good luck!