PDA

View Full Version : Waggy Steering ?

redzj
02-27-2006, 02:44 PM
I have a waggy 44 with the waggy steering on my zj with kor track bar conversion, and a stock pitman arm with rockkrawler 7" springs and radius arm setup similar to claytons. I was wondering If the drop pitman arm that rusty sells would help the steering and building a longer track bar mount to match would help tighten up the steering. It reealy sucks right now can bearly drive it above 50 because of the wandering and bump steer. All the steering components are brand new.

EMTimZJ
02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Are you using a stock waggy pitman arm or a stock ZJ pitman arm?

The wag is nearly straight while the ZJ has a drop to it.

I would make sure the "extra" drop in the rusty pitman arm would actually help you before you get it. Get your hands on a yard stick or even a dowel rod and play around with some mounting points trying to get your TB and DL parallel.

-Tim

redzj
02-27-2006, 06:42 PM
I am using the zj arm right now. It has quite of bit of drop. More than the drop pitman arm for my j20. Rusty's has a 2" drop zj arm or 3" Xj I think they are the same. My Track bar an drag link are real close to parrallel but they are at a pretty good angle and the draglink is a actually a little shorter than the track bar. I was hoping dropping the angle would help a tighten things up since the drag link wouldn't be pushing down on the tie rod as much. I am hoping to make the waggy steering bearable since I just spent the money on all new components.

shayzj
03-03-2006, 02:09 AM
I have the same setup and I can definitely drive over 55 but I hear you on the steering problems. I have just dealt with it since it is not my daily driver and I have not wanted to deal with all the high steer bullshit. Too bad there is not an easy remedy. I feel your pain.

Shay