PDA

View Full Version : OH GOOD LORD, WILL NOBODY HELP ME???

SuicideTireZJ
02-21-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm looking for some new coils to throw in the rear of my Grand. I don't have a bumper back there and the V8 fronts I have back there are making things hell on me. I hate driving it and it's embarassing to take people in it. In fact, it's ruining my life. I can't get a girlfriend because my Jeep rides like a dump truck. My parents got divorced because they said I am incapable of doing anything right and blame each other. My dog ran away because it didn't want to be seen in it and I'm contemplating suicide because it caused me to lose my job. Life is seemingly worthless and I've taken to alcoholism just to get by day-to-day. There are many other things that these evil springs have done to drive me to drink, but I'm too fucked up off of painkillers and other controlled substances to go into detail. I used to be a nice guy. Honest.

PLEASE, WISE ZJ GODS THAT ARE YE, PLACE THE FIRST STONE IN THE GROUND FOR MY PATH TO RECOVERY... HELP ME FIND A REPLACEMENT SET OF REAR SPRINGS!!! I'd accept stock I-6 fronts, RE 4.5" rears, or anything else that will get the ass end of my jeep 3.5-5" higher than it was the day it rolled out of the factory that actually collapse or expand when I go over a bump... man, that would be cool. I'd be willing to, in return, bestow upon you a modest amount of green pieces of paper with dead guys' faces printed on them. I'd ALSO be willing to part with my stock V8 front springs that are giving me so much hell. They're in perfect shape, just FAR too stiff for me.

Sorry this post was so long. I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now. Thanks for reading.

DND
02-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Damn man, write that into a country song and you could afford a brand new set, that's pure gold. What's a set of used RE 4.5" rears worth to you? I just happen to have a set sitting on the shop floor. Also where are you so I can figure shipping.

phillyzj
02-21-2006, 01:00 PM
maybe you should invest in some new shocks? I had to go to v8 rear springs because I6 springs sagged on me regularly.

zjoe
02-21-2006, 04:18 PM
I thought that was a country song all ready. Didn't that David allen Coe guy sing it?

SuicideTireZJ
02-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey guys thanks for the responses. Managed to make it through another night without putting a gun to my head. I don't know how long I can keep this up though so someone help me soon! One of my roommates just moved out and my other one is sleeping with my ex in the bedroom nextdoor. Fuckers don't even shut the door. Plus, he's got a POS Toyota that I thought rode worse than my Grand but she still digs on him more than me.

Anyway, I'm really not into country music so I don't know if that's hit the airwaves, but if someone's got a guitar and wants to sit down and record it with me... shoot me a PM. We're taking this shit on the ROAD!

DND, I'm trying to get around this as cheaply as I possibly can. I'd be willing to throw down ~$50-70 depending on shipping costs. I'm in Fort Collins, CO 80521

DND
02-21-2006, 05:04 PM
No worries, I'll see what I can come up with to get them to you.

ATL ZJ
02-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Either you're incredibly hilarious and good at satirizing the recent newbie infection that this forum is experiencing, or you have some serious issues you might want to seek some help about.

Good luck finding some springs. I heard there are about 12849158215512 vendors that sell what you're looking for.

SuicideTireZJ
02-21-2006, 07:35 PM
ATL

I don't have issues. I have problems. I've been considering professional therepy for some time but if I don't have enough money for new springs I don't have enough for a shrink. Care to donate?

I actually was kidding about how a bunch of twisted metal ruined my life but thanks for thinking it was hilarious. I still need springs though either way.

ATL ZJ
02-21-2006, 08:58 PM
ATL

I don't have issues. I have problems. I've been considering professional therepy for some time but if I don't have enough money for new springs I don't have enough for a shrink. Care to donate?

I actually was kidding about how a bunch of twisted metal ruined my life but thanks for thinking it was hilarious. I still need springs though either way.

Sometimes the best therapy is just getting outside wheeling.. Winter's always rough for me because the weather's too nasty to enjoy working on my rig or being outdoors in general. Once again, best of luck.

shayzj
02-22-2006, 11:15 AM
I have used tera 3.5 rear springs and used RE 4.5 rear springs just laying in the basement that I have been trying to sell. Let me know something or not. I am really tired of giving a fuck.

Shay

jsteves
02-22-2006, 12:00 PM
dont use i6 springs, they will not give you that much lift...i had i6 springs on my old zj...it only netted about 3"

zj-monster
02-22-2006, 06:10 PM
I have used tera 3.5 rear springs and used RE 4.5 rear springs that I have been trying to sell

Hey I'll take them if nobody else has & since I live in NC, I could actually pick them up. Just name a price. :D

SuicideTireZJ
02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Shay- Name me a price on those RE springs shipped to 80521

JSteves- Aren't you running a heavy rear bumper/ tire carrier back there? I've got nothing in the ass end. I was thinking I'd try it and add spacers if necessary.

Monster- You hijacking son of a bitch... :flipoff2:

shayzj
02-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Well I will have to box them up and take them by the P.O. to get a price. Get back to you whenever.

Shay

DND
02-22-2006, 11:54 PM
DND, I'm trying to get around this as cheaply as I possibly can. I'd be willing to throw down ~$50-70 depending on shipping costs. I'm in Fort Collins, CO 80521

Got the shipping quote. It's going to cost $30 just to get them to you. Must be because it's winter here, which allows the polar bears to migrate further south and endanger the dog sled teams that deliver the goods to and fro. It's a danger pay thing.

Hows $75 all in sound? Unless Shay can get you a set for less as he's closer and no border to deal with. Let me know.

SuicideTireZJ
02-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Man, where do I sign up for that job? Polar bears sound like fun.

I'll wait for Shay to get back to me but $75 sounds ok.

zj-monster
02-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Monster-You hijacking son of a bitch...
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/z-monster/beafraid.jpg

2jeepsforus
10-25-2007, 01:19 PM
lol funny post... nicely done

DerekL
10-25-2007, 06:32 PM
You almost quoted what I tell telemarketers when they ask me how I'm doing.

KDUB
10-25-2007, 07:12 PM
DND, I'll take that deal if SuicideTireZJ doesn't. Zip is 78016. Let me know.

ILikeMud
10-25-2007, 07:28 PM

You realize this thread is a year old right?

KDUB
10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Nope, stupid me. I totally missed that. We all have bad days.

DND
10-25-2007, 10:12 PM

Jut to close the loop and prevent a PM, these coils are sold.