PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Not Shifting Right...

groundclearance
02-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Heres the situation, when I go down the freeway my Jeep will run fine untill around 60MPH then when the tranny downshifts to go faster, the RPM's rise, but the Jeep bogs down and slows untill I let off the gas and drop back down. This happens anytime I have to downshift to 3rd I belive, but getting to speed is no problem. Thanks for any help in advance

groundclearance
02-21-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm hoping its either my fuel filter or TPS, just want some expert oppinions

groundclearance
02-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Try'd a few things, no go. Any ideas guys?

nate
02-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Sounds like my Jeep. Doesn't have enough power to do 65 in O/D. I love the 4.slow :D

groundclearance
02-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Well if thats all it is...time for lower gears :smt023

Anyway heres a little more info: Jeep drives smoothly to about 58-60mph, downshifts, jumps to about 60-62mph, RPM reachs 3000, and Jeep bogs down, and RPM slowly start going down too.

I've replaced the cat (Not because of this.....rock VS. exhaust = rock wins, but I heard a clogged one might cause it) fuel filter, and TPS

Justheman80
02-22-2006, 01:44 AM
When you say it revs, is it like it is searching for a gear to go into? If so I had that problem and I shortened the throttle valve cabel which helped alot. I rarely have that problem now. Also mybe your tranny bands might need adjusted, just a thought

groundclearance
02-22-2006, 03:12 AM
I don't think its searching, because I feel it downshift, it gets power for a few seconds, then just bogs down. I'll go ahead and try the valve cable though, at least thats free! I'm gonna drop the tranny pan next weekend anyway so i'll give the bands a try too. Hopefully I'll get this figured out soon, I wanna get back out to Truck(Jeep)Haven ASAP!

groundclearance
02-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Problem Sloved....I think:

Adjusted the throttle valve cable, and took off my pre-charger (May have had somthing to do with it, truckhaven had its was with it, it was FILTHY) the Jeep is shifting smoother and seems to be shifting fine, next time I hit the freeway will be the real test, but I took it to 70 without a problem just now. Thanks for the tip! :smt023

Justheman80
02-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Glad to here everything is good.