PDA

View Full Version : blown motor and tranny mounts - options?

PA Muddy ZJ
02-10-2006, 11:15 AM
so the motor mounts on my grand blew out - again... i now realize it's because my tranny mount is shot.

i've looked... searched... begged... emailed.. bribed... but am not having any luck locating any aftermarket/custom motor mounts for the 5.2. am i on a wild goose chase? who has the best current 'factory style' mounts? Mopar? Crown?

i made the mistake of using ripoffzone mounts last time :smt087

87XJ
02-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Crown mounts from 4wd.com are cheap in cost, and are the same exact ones you get from the dealership, I used to work for Jeep and found that out. My mounts from the dealer, all 3, were $275.00, from 4wd it's only $90.00 for all 3.

OverkillZJ
02-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I tried the napa ones which APPEARED to be the same as mopar, ended up blowing them in like 3 runs. Given that a lot of that was baja style, it never happened with the stock mounts. I ended up getting my money back and buying stock ones...

If you find any stronger aftermarket mounts, let me know.

PA Muddy ZJ
02-10-2006, 12:20 PM
thanks guys. now i just need to find a garage to swap them.

Deltron
02-11-2006, 04:23 AM
You might be able to make some fairly easily, for the front you just need a poly or rubber bushing and fab a mount to match the factory one. I'd have to look, but I bet the tranny mount could be done just as easily. I dont know, its late and im drunk but you should check into it. peace
del the funkyfourwheeler

FortCollinsZJ
05-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I hate to bring back a WAY DEAD thread, but it's better than creating a new one right?

I see that those posts were way old, and I will assume the the prothane poly mounts were just not available yet.... that being said, anyone here have personal experience with them? I forsee them lasting a long long time. Im about to buy some unless someone speaks up.

CrawlerReady
05-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Crawler Ready Polyurethane Motor Mounts for the 5.2L will be available mid-June. Thicker gauge metal housings, Red or Black bushings, and a lifetime warranty.

Intro price for MC members will be $124.99 a pair plus shipping.

black_zj
05-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Crawler Ready Polyurethane Motor Mounts for the 5.2L will be available mid-June. Thicker gauge metal housings, Red or Black bushings, and a lifetime warranty.

Intro price for MC members will be $124.99 a pair plus shipping.

Doesn't seem to be much at all listed on your website, just dead links.

FortCollinsZJ
05-07-2009, 02:41 AM
Thats a bit too steep for me... Im thinking the 48.00 prothane is more up my alley.

I would be interested if you sold them without the upgraded metal housings, just the bushings perhaps? like this:

http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/2a/f0/0c61_1.JPG

greengc4x4
05-07-2009, 03:29 AM
Thats a bit too steep for me... Im thinking the 48.00 prothane is more up my alley.

I would be interested if you sold them without the upgraded metal housings, just the bushings perhaps? like this:

http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/2a/f0/0c61_1.JPG
its a lifetime warranty, seriously?

FortCollinsZJ
05-08-2009, 01:33 AM
I could take a shit in a box and mark it "lifetime guarantee" (I have some spare time) but that doesn't make it any better than another box of the same shit does it?
Polyurethane is Polyurethane no matter what company name is on the box.

I am in NO WAY AT ALL bashing CrawlerReady's products, I just personally have no need for upgraded housings and am just looking for the best bang for my bucks.

Just to clarify one more thing here is a copy of the Prothane LIFETIME replacement agreement:

"PROTHANE™ Guaranties its urethane product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, we will replace our product only, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to us (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."

nobodylift
05-08-2009, 11:42 PM
on our drag cars we use polyurethan pl from home depot, its 4 dollars and it will last for a long time, i recently pulled the mounts on my front wheel drive drag car thinking they finally cracked, it ended up being the energy suspension mount not my cheap ass home made ones... its an option that is very stiff and offers good performance if correctly filled in your oem mount. your truck will vibrate after installing, i also did the same to my 5.9 swap

MrFreeze5
05-08-2009, 11:49 PM
I kinda wish Id seen this thread 2 months ago before I bought new mounts from vatozone for my V8 swap. theyre not even the same brand for both sides. screw you guys :(

jsteves
05-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I bought some at Advance. They were made in canada rather china and the likes so I am hoping they will be pretty decent.

StinkoMan20X6_
06-09-2009, 11:59 PM
I used the 4.0 poly mounts for years and the are still good after I pulled the motor for the swap. I'm thinking about getting the ones for the 5.9 now that it's in. It seems to want to move around more..or maybe i was just used to the poly mounts that were on the 4.0. Is there any difference between the 5.2 and the 5.9 motor mounts or are they the same? The b/a ones I used on the 4.0 were from autofab.com and the v8 ones are here:
http://www.autofab.com/grand_cherokee_v8_motor_mounts.htm