PDA

View Full Version : Registration site now open

FearTheDentist
02-08-2006, 03:09 AM
----OK- LOOKS LIKE REG. SITE IS FIXED. TRY REGISTERING NOW, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEXT THREAD AND POST THE INFO TOM IS REQUESTING.

----DONT FORGET YOUR LAND USE PERMIT. FAILURE TO HAVE ONE CAN RESULT IN SIEZURE OF YOUR VEHICLE AND HUGE FINES. GET IT HERE: http://www.land.state.az.us/programs/natural/rec_permit.pdf

GSSW registration site is now up, please check it out. We need to get a fair idea of the number of attendees ASAP so we can organize trail runs etc. Also- we may need a few more trail guides\tail gunners. If anyone is familiar with the area or just wants to help out PM me and we'll put you to work :D

Registration site (http://71.56.204.109/GrandSlam_SouthWest/(mukvke3avooaxx55aacdgwrx)/Home.aspx)

Info site:
Info site (http://gssw.mallcrawlin.com/equipment.htm)

also- here are some links to some trail maps I've put together. You can zoom in in your web browser, but they're a lot easier to read if you save them and open them in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

Overview (http://members.cox.net/briancahilldds/GSSW%2006%20maps/GSSW06.jpg)
Hackberry Creek (http://members.cox.net/briancahilldds/GSSW%2006%20maps/Hackberry%20Creek%20web.jpg)
FJ area trails (http://members.cox.net/briancahilldds/GSSW%2006%20maps/FJ%20trails.jpg)
Montana Mountain (http://members.cox.net/briancahilldds/GSSW%2006%20maps/Montana-Mountain.jpg)

and here's just a cool pic I took on one of the trails we'll be running:
Martinez Mine (http://members.cox.net/briancahilldds/GSSW%2006%20maps/Martinez%20Mine.jpg)

Snowman
02-08-2006, 12:43 PM
The t-shirt order side has not been updates yet, so ...

Will we have t-shirts? To whom would I send a check to? :smt102

weiln12
02-08-2006, 03:25 PM
I wanted to ask what mod's are you realistically needing to run some of these? I want to join you guys, to meet people and learn since I'm a newb, but my truck is also a newb. Aside from some piddly stuff here and there, my whole family is realitively newb to this. My 96 ZJ has the 2" Teraflex w/ Trak-Lok, but that's about it. I want to get a Aussie for the front, and 31's, and possibly sliderz too before GSSW, and I'm curious if this would be enough to run some trails with you guys.

I live in the Phoenix area so it's not too far for me, and I may hit some of those areas before hand to get some idea whether that would be enough or not. Even if it technically would be, I don't want to slow everyone down either.

Hey, if I have to wait until next year, I will. Unless there is some way I can help without running my own vehicle.

FearTheDentist
02-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Don't worry- there are several very nice trails which can be run 100% stock with a little care. Kevin Fell will probably be leading several of these and he's extremely experienced and a great trial guide- he'll definately keep you out of trouble and really likes to lead "newb" groups to help them get started. Don't be intimidated- this is not an event just for "hardcore" offroaders- all experience and vehicle levels will be represented. This is the best opportunity you're going to find to learn from people like Kevin who've been wheeling Grands for years.

Martinez Cabin and Box Canyon are very scenic and can easily be run by a stock vehicle. Coke Ovens and Montana Mountain are also said to be "stock friendly", but I haven't run these two yet so I can't vouch for that in person. I'd suggest you do the stock runs one day, then hitch a ride with someone for some of the more difficult trails another day- there'll be a number of people willing to take you along and you'll have a blast. I'll warn you in advance though- it's addictive and you'll come back with a whole list of mods you want to do to your Jeep :D.

Check out www.azvjc.org and www.virtualjeepclub.com for more local trail info

I wanted to ask what mod's are you realistically needing to run some of these? I want to join you guys, to meet people and learn since I'm a newb, but my truck is also a newb. Aside from some piddly stuff here and there, my whole family is realitively newb to this. My 96 ZJ has the 2" Teraflex w/ Trak-Lok, but that's about it. I want to get a Aussie for the front, and 31's, and possibly sliderz too before GSSW, and I'm curious if this would be enough to run some trails with you guys.

I live in the Phoenix area so it's not too far for me, and I may hit some of those areas before hand to get some idea whether that would be enough or not. Even if it technically would be, I don't want to slow everyone down either.

Hey, if I have to wait until next year, I will. Unless there is some way I can help without running my own vehicle.

weiln12
02-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Woot! Damn skippy I'll be there then! And it's definitely an adrenaline rush. Probably the most difficult trail I've run is the backway to Crown King in my wife's Durango. That was the last straw before I was allowed to get my ZJ. :) Apparently she doesn't like it when there's scrapping involved on her truck. :o

Snowman
02-08-2006, 06:33 PM
There is a problem on the registration site. This morning when I registered my name appeared and there were four registrants. There are still four registrants, my name dissappeared:smt022 and the four registrants keep changing all day.:smt102 Would you please fix the problem on the registration site?:D

FearTheDentist
02-08-2006, 06:52 PM
...fortunately I'm not in charge of the webside :D
I've passed your issue along, have you tried to register again? There was an issue earlier that when I clicked the registration link, the registration page opened with all your info filled in (now I know where you live :D :D). I thought it was fixed, but I just checked and now it has all Kevin's info filled in....I'm on it.

Snowman
02-09-2006, 04:18 PM
I tried re-registering again and discovered that part of my information was there and part of it was overwritten.:rolleyes: It occurs in the fourth registration. I hope that this information helps in debugging the problem.:o

By the way, what is the real number of registrants for GSSW06?

FearTheDentist
02-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah- that's the problem I've been seeing as well- If you'll check the "who's registered" you'll see Sandy hijacked my spot :D

So far there's about 12 registrants, plus 4 more locally that I know are attending, I'm guessing we'll end up w\ ~25 altogether, we'll see. I'll keep trying to get the website corrected, in the meantime just open your registration info and click the "reprint waiver" button on the bottom, fill in your info and mail it to David.

I tried re-registering again and discovered that part of my information was there and part of it was overwritten.:rolleyes: It occurs in the fourth registration. I hope that this information helps in debugging the problem.:o

By the way, what is the real number of registrants for GSSW06?

jeepnzj1
02-09-2006, 07:40 PM
whats davids address??

FearTheDentist
02-09-2006, 08:20 PM
whats davids address??

picky picky picky :D

I really don't know- I thought it was on the waiver form but I guess not.... I've sent him a message, I'll post it when I get it. Why does this seem like it's way more difficult than it should be? I thought computers were supposed to make things easier...

Halfdoc
02-09-2006, 09:51 PM
picky picky picky :D

I really don't know- I thought it was on the waiver form but I guess not.... I've sent him a message, I'll post it when I get it. Why does this seem like it's way more difficult than it should be? I thought computers were supposed to make things easier...

Anyone who wants to get their waiver in the mail, please PM me and I will give you my mailing address. It is ok to bring the waiver to the event, but please PM me so we can get an idea of attendance. For the time being, send info on your vehicle and trail preference (mod/diff/extreme) as well.

Please start looking into the Arizona State Land trust permit. All vehicles will need one and each driver is responsible for purchasing the permit. I believe Chad has a link on the website. If not check the forum soon for a link.

Thanks!

David.

jeepnzj1
02-10-2006, 10:23 PM
ya sorry so picky guess i just figured it would be simple reg like GSW//

nathaniel
02-10-2006, 11:06 PM
ya sorry so picky guess i just figured it would be simple reg like GSW//

Same exact setup as gsw and daves address for gsw isnt listed either. It is listed when you first register but not after that. Only thing more complicated for gssw is you need an az state land permit

Sandy R
02-11-2006, 07:54 PM
----
----DONT FORGET YOUR LAND USE PERMIT. FAILURE TO HAVE ONE CAN RESULT IN SIEZURE OF YOUR VEHICLE AND HUGE FINES. GET IT HERE: http://www.land.state.az.us/programs/natural/rec_permit.pdf

If you wait until the first week in March to get your permit they may issue it valid through March 2007. Last year my last-minute ass bought mine just before GSSW and got it valid through March 2006, so for me it is good for two years (GSSW 05 & GSSW 06) since this is the only AZ wheeling I do.

Snowman
02-15-2006, 03:53 PM
If you wait until the first week in March to get your permit they may issue it valid through March 2007. Last year my last-minute ass bought mine just before GSSW and got it valid through March 2006, so for me it is good for two years (GSSW 05 & GSSW 06) since this is the only AZ wheeling I do.

If we are planning to travel alone, should we request the Family permit simply to cover us if we have a last minute passenger [ie someone wants to ride rather than drive]?

Sample
02-15-2006, 08:12 PM
If we are planning to travel alone, should we request the Family permit simply to cover us if we have a last minute passenger [ie someone wants to ride rather than drive]?

Yes, it is only a few $ more. The fine is much larger.

HyenaZJ
03-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Halfdoc, is it cool if I drop off the waiver at your house? I'm in Chandler, so I'm pretty close.

Halfdoc
03-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Halfdoc, is it cool if I drop off the waiver at your house? I'm in Chandler, so I'm pretty close.

Might be difficult to coordinate...just drop it in the mail or bring it with you the first day. We trust you ;)

David.

Z
03-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Registration problems...

The reason Dave's address isn't on the registration site is that he'd prefer (for very good reason) to only give out his address to those that need it.

When you register, you are given Dave's mailing address. You are also sent an email detailing what to do next. In some cases people have given bogus email addresses, so the infromation doesn't get to those peopel. In other cases, the email doesn't go through due to a problem on my side - usually I know about it and forward it to you.

Tom Z.

HyenaZJ
03-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Might be difficult to coordinate...just drop it in the mail or bring it with you the first day. We trust you ;)

David.

Good deal! I'll bring it on the first day.
I've run box canyon a couple of times and M. cabin once, do you need someone to lead or tail gun on these trails? Let me know if you do.