PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a logo

Cue-Ball
01-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey guys now that I have a name and website I have been thinking about logos and wanted to get your idea on a couple I had a buddy do up real quick.

Let me know which one you like best (if any)

Cue-Ball
01-19-2006, 11:56 AM
The final rev of the top one would NOT have the Amsoil logo on there.

grnd93
01-19-2006, 12:01 PM
#1 gets my vote

Cue-Ball
01-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Just to let you know I don't really like the last one, just threw it up there because the guy slapped it together.

I will keep my opinions to myself until more people have had a chance to voice theres (don't want to sway anyones opinion), really just want to get some real feedback right now.

deadman
01-19-2006, 12:06 PM
#1 makes me think you're french... I know it is blue/white/red, but still makes me think you're french.

ATL ZJ
01-19-2006, 12:08 PM
#1... but it needs bolts on the beadlock rings. :D

DND
01-19-2006, 12:21 PM
I like #3 - no lightning bolt looks cleaner and the logo in the depression gives a better visualization of terrain. IMHO.

Cue-Ball
01-19-2006, 12:26 PM
He is adding the bolts now, good call.

Cue-Ball
01-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Here is one with the bolts

DND
01-19-2006, 02:55 PM
I'd only include the beadlock bolts if they could be done a bit cleaner.

Cue-Ball
01-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Yea he is working to clean them up that was just a quick pass.

Snowman
01-19-2006, 04:04 PM
I like the lightning bolt from #2 on the revised #3[indentation and bead locks]. May add the Amsoil logo back onto it on the next iteration.

Are you sending samples of your products to those who are helping you with choosing the logo :D ?

Cue-Ball
01-19-2006, 04:08 PM
I don't think I am allowed to use the Amsoil logo, so I want to keep that seperate.

I am not sure I like the lightning bolt to be honest, but I DO like the indented text I think it makes it a bit easier to read and what not.

My buddy is still working on getting the beadlocks to look right.

Unfortunately I will not be sending samples out to you guys, I just did a vendor giveaway on here and became a vendor over on Pirate so now I need to make some sales before I can start giving more stuff away.

Snowman
01-19-2006, 04:25 PM
The comment about the product give away was just to tease you a bit about getting free evaluations.

See you at the GSW2006?

Cue-Ball
01-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I hear yea, no worries.

But seriously all the giveaways and promo stuff does not mean anything if people don't place orders also.

I love to help out when I can I just hope people turn to me when it is time for their next oil change is all.

Cue-Ball
01-20-2006, 05:30 PM
What about just the name and keep it simple?

Beest
01-20-2006, 06:52 PM
What about just the name and keep it simple?

idd keep it simple

Cue-Ball
01-20-2006, 06:54 PM
So would you guys sport a 4x4oil.com sticker if I had them made up?

TrojanMan
01-20-2006, 07:22 PM
just a side thought, how do you sample without getting the whole 6 quarts?

I kinda like 3. clean, simple, and effective. However, it could use a little more.. but I think the lightning bolt looks like middle schoolish.

Cue-Ball
01-20-2006, 07:25 PM
just a side thought, how do you sample without getting the whole 6 quarts?

Not sure what you mean?

grnd93
01-20-2006, 07:43 PM
All I see is a red x on the last one. You should look into whether or not you can use the Amsoil logo. I'm thinking the Amsoil logo with your 4x4oil.com logo underneath. I think folks would more inclined to visit the website if they knew the product. Just a thought....I'd be happy to paste a couple of your stickers on my Heep.

Cue-Ball
01-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Check again I see the picture??

grnd93
01-20-2006, 07:48 PM
I see it now. I like it.

weiln12
01-20-2006, 08:03 PM
I like it simple, but I also would like to see the AmSoil logo if that's possible. Not the dominant figure, but in a bottom corner or something. Just knowing that I'd instinctively give legitimacy to the Am-Soil, instead of just an oil guy.

And yes, I'd sport the sticker because I would be usin' the oil. I'm not now, but I will definitely hit you up next round to get some. Just need to finish cleaning her out with the junk....long story....

Nathan

Cue-Ball
01-20-2006, 08:07 PM
I hear you I am going to email them now to see what I can and can not do.

TrojanMan
01-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Not sure what you mean?

Unfortunately I will not be sending samples out to you guys, I just did a vendor giveaway on here and became a vendor over on Pirate so now I need to make some sales before I can start giving more stuff away.

Cue-Ball
01-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Okay here are a couple more ideas for a simple name logo. I am waiting to hear back from Amsoil on what I can use in the logo so there are still a few minor tweaks once I hear back. I like the one with the tread design and once I hear back from Amsoil on if I can use their name or not I will have the appropriote tag line added.

ATL ZJ
01-24-2006, 12:58 PM
The tread one is the only one I'd consider. Is the second supposed to be a zipper or tall grass or something?

Cue-Ball
01-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Not sure as I am not the one doing the design.

The tread patter is the one the only question is will it have the tag line underneath and which one will it be, this is up to Amsoil, so as soon as I hear back I will get this finalized and get some sample shirts made up, and some stickers to pass out.

zjeepin
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Not sure as I am not the one doing the design.

The tread patter is the one the only question is will it have the tag line underneath and which one will it be, this is up to Amsoil, so as soon as I hear back I will get this finalized and get some sample shirts made up, and some stickers to pass out.

I like the tread pattern w/o the tag line. it encourages you to go to the website to find out what its about

Cue-Ball
01-24-2006, 01:49 PM
The question is if you saw this on the back on my jeep would you take the time to go to the website to see what it was after you got home, or would you just forget about it and not check it out?

grnd93
01-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Honestly I'd probably not pay much attention to it. The main reason is lack of advertising. Synthetics are definitely gaining in popularity and if Amsoil wants to compete with the major companies (Mobil, Castrol, even Royal Purple) they need to up their advertising. I had heard of Amsoil before I met you, but never really considered it before (yes I am thinking of switching). They'd be stupid not to let you use the logo for your advertising. Once people learn what Amsoil is, and see the logo with your 4x4oil.com logo you can bet your sales will go up. I hope my point of view makes sense.

Cue-Ball
01-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Yes it does make sense Steve,

I agree it would not make much sense for them not to allow the use of their logo BUT they do not allow the use of the AMSOIL name as any part of a domain name or email address.

I am not a master business man by any stretch of the imagination, so just because it does not make sense to me does not mean there is not a reason behind it.

And yes I am hoping that some of this effort I am putting towards advertising, and the giveaways and what not will pan out and generate more sales. I mean I have alot of stuff to get done on my Heep and this is my "extra" cash the wife does not know about (hehe)

grnd93
01-24-2006, 02:54 PM
for a small percentage i'll make sure she doesn't find out about it.:D j/k

I can see why they won't let their name be used in the domain name. Hopefully what you are doing will help your sales, but the company really needs to step up their advertising. Take Royal Purple for example. A few years ago they were relatively unknown. The only advertising I've seen has been in magazines, but they are also endorsed on the auto tech shows on spiketv. I guarantee that has been a big boost for them.

As far as your logo goes I feel the Amsoil logo should be the prominent feature (if you are allowed to use it), with your website below. That way you will draw the folks that know what Amsoil is to your site (hopefully). Of course I never took any kind of marketing class, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

BTW, the current trend for stickers seems to be the diecut vinyl (like the MC stickers). I like them better personally because I don't put anything on my paint (what's left of it) and they don't obstruct my view too badly on the glass.

Cue-Ball
01-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Yea i watch the Power Block on spiketv every weekend and they hardcore pimp Royal Purple.

I don't understand why Amsoil does not have a big advertising push with commercials and mag. ads I just don't get it.

Cue-Ball
01-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Steve,

Here is a die cut version

grnd93
01-24-2006, 03:11 PM
The only thing that makes any sense to me is that their sales are already meeting their production capability, which is highly unlikely. I just used the dealer locator on the website and you name doesn't come up. What's up with that?

Cue-Ball
01-24-2006, 03:15 PM
I think now would be a good time for me to give props to the guy doing all this design work for me.

His name is Kyle Pope, I found him over on Pirate but he is also on here now from time to time. He is a great guy and really knows his stuff, he is pretty quick also. He works at Wagoner Machine Shop (WMS) and just does grafic design stuff on the side.

Thanks alot for all your work so far Kyle.

Cue-Ball
01-24-2006, 03:15 PM
The only thing that makes any sense to me is that their sales are already meeting their production capability, which is highly unlikely. I just used the dealer locator on the website and you name doesn't come up. What's up with that?

Not sure what's up with that I will have to follow up with them to see WTF.

grnd93
01-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I like the diecut!

Cue-Ball
01-24-2006, 07:18 PM

Okay the reason I am not listed in the dealer locator is because I am not a T-1 certified dealer (what ever the hell that means). So I need to buy a $30 book and fill out some worksheet thing then I will get a T-1 Certification patch and be added to the dealer look up. I figure it is worth the $30.

grnd93
01-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah, since there are only 3 dealers within a 100 mile radius of me.

Cue-Ball
01-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Yea that is kinda shitty for me.

Anyway you already know WHERE you better buy your shit from. And I am sure you tell all your friends, right?!?!?!:smt080

grnd93
01-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Since you mention it. I'm probably due for a change on the ZJ, since I can't remember the last time I changed my oil. I run 15W40. i'll tell my friends, but they're all cheap asses. Got any suggestions for some snow wheeling this weekend? Nothing too deep, I hate snow, but my buddy wants to play with his FSJ

Forgot to mention it earlier, but what ever logo you decide I'll plaster in on my crap.

Cue-Ball
01-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks Steve,

No I am not too sure about a snow wheeling spot. I will PM you some pricing for your Jeep also.

97trxuszj
01-25-2006, 03:26 PM
How about this http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/dirtyjeepzj/amsoil.jpg

Cue-Ball
01-25-2006, 03:34 PM
trxus,

I am waiting to hear back from Amsoil as to wether I can use their name/logo in my logo design. If so then it will defentitally have the tag line similar to what you have but more like one of the ones above with the tag line in the tire tread pattern.

Cue-Ball
01-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Okay here you go LOGO is complete!!!!!!!!!!!

grnd93
01-25-2006, 04:44 PM
I like

Cue-Ball
01-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks.

Kyle
01-25-2006, 05:01 PM
For a slightly different look, i.e. die cut ;)

Guys, thanks for your help through this, it makes my job easier when I can get good feedback,

NOW BUY SOME OIL!!!!!!!!!

:D

zj-monster
01-25-2006, 08:04 PM
This is it man!!

This is an eye catcher, look at the colors, it's simple. It's not cluttered and easy on the eyes to read. I think it looks very professional! You might laugh at what I am saying...but this is how you want your advertising to be.

Just my 2 cents. :rolleyes:

grnd93
01-25-2006, 08:12 PM
I agree with zj-monster

JeepWJ
01-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Dirk and Kyle...

Great job with the final design! It looks great.

Dirk, let me know when you're ready to get the die cut stickers made up, I'll sport one for ya.

grnd93
01-29-2006, 04:18 PM
I got room for 2.......right above my Mallcrawiln stickers!