PDA

View Full Version : another vibration question???

97trxuszj
01-14-2006, 07:37 PM
I have d44's front and rear everything in them is new bearings, gears, lockers, etc. On the front I have new ford hubs/rotors, and my driveline angles are perfect. I still have the stock rear driveline with new ujoints. I also have a double carden front shaft. so my question is I am going along the freeway getting up to about 58-64 mph I have a vibration, dash starts to rattle etc, well once I get to 65 it goes smooth again. but if I let off the throttle I get a noise thats almost like my exhaust backfireing but it sounds like a vibration. this only happen over 50 mph. what do you guys think it could be? I have a waggy 44 front with locking hubs, and TC is in 2wd. also if anyone has info on a np242 SYE kit let me know I jknow I need one and a new rear shaft that could be this problem just need some others input

BigDaveZJ
01-14-2006, 07:45 PM
My guess is your rear driveshaft. You can make the angles as perfect as you want, but with 8" of lift you're going to have issues.

97trxuszj
01-14-2006, 07:49 PM
do you know the best place to get a SYE kit for my NP 242? RE? or what atlas TC would go good in a ZJ that see its fair share of highway time?

jsteves
01-14-2006, 09:03 PM
check your trasmission mount. i had similar symptoms...mine was completly shot.

97trxuszj
01-20-2006, 03:55 AM
replaced my tranny mount and that took care of the minor vibes but I found out that my big vibes were just my exhaust backfiring, theres not enough BP with a high flow ct and a 40 series flowmaster with a turn down and the cat moved forward 2 "

Tommy
01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
do you know the best place to get a SYE kit for my NP 242? RE? or what atlas TC would go good in a ZJ that see its fair share of highway time?

Tom Woods.... And the ATLAS a 3.8 possibly, for a freeway driven rig???

Dave you know whats funny. With how high my ZJ is I don't get vibes from the rear shaft till about 80 mph.... Not the brightest thing to do but I had to see how it felt at freeway speeds.