PDA

View Full Version : GSW 2006 Registration now open

Sandy R
01-07-2006, 09:43 PM
GSW 2006 Registration Now Open
http://www.travelerz.net/GrandSlamWest (http://www.travelerz.net/GrandSlamWest)

As in the past, this event is limited to 50 grands on a first come, first in basis.

(GSW is a free event held once a year in Moab during mid-June. We offer moderate to extreme trails)

Cue-Ball
01-07-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm in I just need to get my shit finished by then now. If not I will just fly in and ride shotgoun with anyone with an open seat.

Cue-Ball
01-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Where do i send the waiver? It said before I printed it but I ddid not write it down I figured it would say it again, sorry.

Krash80
01-08-2006, 02:49 AM
It'd be pretty funny if all 50 slots filled up before Pam and Dave get back from their vacation. :D

Kraqa
01-08-2006, 02:57 AM
It'd be pretty funny if all 50 slots filled up before Pam and Dave get back from their vacation. :D

i was thinkin the same thing. But i noticed Dave was already signed up. He must have the net in mexico.

SO how does my registration get confirmed?

Krash80
01-08-2006, 03:03 AM
i was thinkin the same thing. But i noticed Dave was already signed up. He must have the net in mexico.

SO how does my registration get confirmed?

(.....thumpity thumpity gasp moan thumpity thumpity thumpity) "OH CRAP PAM...i gotta go register for GSW!!! I'll be back in a minute!"

I've got my waiver printed...can't find Tom's address though either...someone needs to post it here, eh?

Kraqa
01-08-2006, 03:04 AM
ahhh hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

Cue-Ball
01-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks Sandy mine will go out in the mail on Monday.

Dirk

BigDaveZJ
01-08-2006, 01:48 PM
I registered when it was open to only planners, BEFORE we came down to Mexico, but yeah, were going to register Pam now so she gets in.

nate
01-08-2006, 03:17 PM
If I register, do I have to show up?? I'm not sure if I will be deployed during that time frame and I have no way of knowing until just a few weeks before. I'd rather not take someone's spot, though I'd like to go if I will be able to.

OverkillZJ
01-08-2006, 04:37 PM
If I register, do I have to show up?? I'm not sure if I will be deployed during that time frame and I have no way of knowing until just a few weeks before. I'd rather not take someone's spot, though I'd like to go if I will be able to.

In most cases, I'd say yes, but I have a feeling in your situation the organizers would be understanding considering you might be serving your country at the time!

I just printed my waiver and mailed it in. I know that I said I wasn't going to go this year, but... well... I LIED. Time to go build a buggy!:smt041

BigDaveZJ
01-12-2006, 01:29 AM

Nate,
If you do confirm your registration and do have to bail, we typically ask that you let us know by May 15th so that we can open up your spot to someone else. In your situation though I would see just letting us know as soon as you do would work fine.

Dougs ZJ
01-12-2006, 11:52 PM
The waiver is in the mail. YEAH Baby!:supz:

Now I just have to get my LAs put on. (and 8.8, 231, ect...)

BigDaveZJ
01-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Just a note to everyone, get your waivers in the mail ASAP!!!!! As of today's mail, there are 23 people with confirmed reservations!!

Also a note to those who have confirmed their reservations, if for some reason you end up not being able to make it to GSW, PLEASE LET A PLANNER KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! I have a very strong feeling there will be a considerable waiting list this year, so if you can't make it, let us know so someone who can be there can go!

Kraqa
01-15-2006, 12:24 AM
my waiver is in the mail as of last week.

Snowman
01-15-2006, 08:43 AM
How do the trail ratings of intermediate, difficult, near-extreme, extreme translate to the 1 to 5 scale or the Jeep 1 to 10 scale? The Jeep Jamboree listed Fins and Things as 6-7, Steel Bender as 6-7, Metal Masher as 7-8 and Poison Spider as 8-9.

Translation please.

Snowman

OverkillZJ
01-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Jeep Jamboree's are TERRIBLE at rating trails. Poison spider is 8-9? You can get a stocker through there with nothing but bumpers scraping, but it's still a reat trail.

I mean if poison spider is 8, what does that make prichetts or rusty nail, 29 or something? :finga:

Sandy R
01-15-2006, 10:34 PM
How do the trail ratings of intermediate, difficult, near-extreme, extreme translate to the 1 to 5 scale or the Jeep 1 to 10 scale? The Jeep Jamboree listed Fins and Things as 6-7, Steel Bender as 6-7, Metal Masher as 7-8 and Poison Spider as 8-9.

Translation please.

Snowman

We kinda have our own system without number ratings. You can compare our ratings from last year against Jeep Jamboree or Easter Jeep Safari trail ratings and get an idea. Keep in mind that sometimes trail ratings can change from year to year if conditions change. Best bet if it's your first trip and you're not familiar with the trails is to discuss your mods and experience with a planner and get some suggestions. You do not need to decide before you get to GSW. We ask at registration to get an idea of the participant's interests to help us plan the right trails and get the right number of trail leaders.

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/gsw/Index_Page486.htm

nate
01-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Well I know this is a good way out, but I want to have an idea.

So you you all camp out or hotel or???

What's the temp gonna be like? I was talking to some guys today about Moab and they were saying lows in the upper 90s?? :eek:

If anyone is coming from WA/OR/ID area, let me know, would be nice to "convoy".. It will probably be just me too, so I'll have room for ya in the truck & Jeep if you just want to come.

When you you all usually arrive and leave? (asking so I can put in for leave soon).. I bet I'll be the only rig there with Alaska plates haha.

I'm planning on going to Moab the week after EJS so I'll have a better idea of the area, etc.

zjmike4
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
I remember it being relatively cold there last year, like around 80s?? Not sure because I was out there for a week before and a week after and the weather changed so much during that time... went from Hurricane like rain and cold weather at night to scorching heat.

Most people all had hotels last year. I had a condo and if anyone wants to go in on one, it would end up being cheaper than a hotel and nicer, private hot tub, pool, driveway for repairs.... etc. I also camped a few nights out there too. Most camping is pay, but there are some really nice areas in the Behind the Rocks area near the sand dunes that are free, about 10 miles south of town.

nate
01-16-2006, 12:17 AM
What does a hotel cost normally? I'd like to keep the whole trip under $300.... I'm figuring about 1/2 of that will be fuel.

I'll camp in the woods and shower at truck stops if that's what it takes. Doesn't bother me any.

Kraqa
01-16-2006, 01:18 AM
i'l convoy with ya. i wana leave tuesday night so i'd be at your place wed then moab thursday.

Kraqa
01-16-2006, 01:21 AM
hey what is pritchet like? lots of shit your pants cause your offcamber towards a 400' canyon?

Krash80
01-16-2006, 06:36 AM
hey what is pritchet like? lots of shit your pants cause your offcamber towards a 400' canyon?

I ran pritchett last year w/ my way too tall and way too narrow jeep and it was fine. I couldn't make it up rocker knocker w/ no front locker and the last obstacle (i think it's rockpile), i had cody strap me up cause my front end just unloaded way too much...gave it one shot and said the hell w/ it...i need a front limiting strap really bad.

It should be a cakewalk for what used to be your ZJ.

Sandy-
Is anyone planning another "pre-run" this year on Pritchett like you did last year on Thursday? Just curious cause I'd like to do that trail again, but also would like to spend a couple days on easier trails w/ my buddies who are bringing their "stockish" WJ's.

=Ron=

jsteves
01-16-2006, 07:13 AM
if i recall, going rate is around $55/night at the redstone inn

Sandy R
01-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Sandy-
Is anyone planning another "pre-run" this year on Pritchett like you did last year on Thursday? Just curious cause I'd like to do that trail again, but also would like to spend a couple days on easier trails w/ my buddies who are bringing their "stockish" WJ's. =Ron=

There is a prerun that the trail leaders will do sometime in the spring and then there is the GSW Planner's Run on the Thursday before GSW. The Planner's Run on the Thursday before GSW is not an open run so those plans will be made among the GSW Planners. There are usually many people there a day(s) early running trails so nobody should have trouble finding GSW early arrivals to hook up with.

nate
01-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Whatever I run, I still like my sheetmetal.... I mean if I push a door in cause I was stupid, oh well... but if I have to rip a foot off each side of my Jeep cause the trail isn't wide enough... not doing it :D Just finished paying it off this month, so I want it to last a little while!

BigDaveZJ
01-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Nate,
Most of the trails we'll be running at GSW have ample room for a ZJ to get through. I can't think of any situation on any of the trails I've done out there where a ZJ was too wide.

nate
01-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Cool deal.

Sandy R
01-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Whatever I run, I still like my sheetmetal.... I mean if I push a door in cause I was stupid, oh well... but if I have to rip a foot off each side of my Jeep cause the trail isn't wide enough... not doing it :D Just finished paying it off this month, so I want it to last a little while!

Other than bashing my rock rails (which is why they are on there) and denting my front & rear plastic bumper covers at the very first GSW, I have escaped with ZERO body damage. I have busted other stuff in Moab but since sheet metal is your concern in this thread, somehow after 8 GSWs the only sheet metal damage that I have was self inflicted on trails other than in Moab. :smt003

N2Deep
01-17-2006, 02:41 PM
http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm

Here is a site with some info on the Moab trails. Might help you gauge how difficult they are.

I want to go since I am fairly close to Moab, but I would hate to take someones place if I can't make it and have to cancel. I just never know what will come up. I guess I will double check my calendar and see.
Sounds like its a lot of fun. Is GSW normally a guys weekend out or do others bring their kids or wife? Just wondering if it was an off-road party weekend or not. The wife will party a bit but not with the kids.

JohnBoulderCO
01-17-2006, 03:44 PM
People come with their kids, wife, girl friend, dog.......

Z
01-17-2006, 04:01 PM
http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm
Is GSW normally a guys weekend out or do others bring their kids or wife? Just wondering if it was an off-road party weekend or not. The wife will party a bit but not with the kids.

There are parties if you want to find them, but remember that this is a 4-wheeling event, so any partying is done AFTER the trails.

Basically people from all walks of life come for GSW. Families, groups of teenagers, older folks, partiers, non-partiers.

N2Deep
01-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks, just wondering what to expect and what crowd. Sounds like a little bit of everyone -that makes it easy to find someone to mesh with. As we all have Grands in common -there is always something to talk about.

JohnBoulderCO
01-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Good point Tom, no drinking while driving on the trails. Save that for after the trail run.

Moab Brewery is right across the street from the Red Stone Inn. Hint Hint:cool:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
01-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Good point Tom, no drinking while driving on the trails. Save that for after the trail run.

Moab Brewery is right across the street from the Red Stone Inn. Hint Hint:cool:

they have awesome burgers... too bad I was only 20 during GSW05. :(

Snowman
01-17-2006, 06:44 PM

This is a problem that will tend to go away by itself. I seriously doubt that it will ever bother you again.

Snowman
01-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Someone mentioned that it is a good idea to have AAA Plus for GSW2006. Is this true? What about AAA Premier?

The costs are AAA Plus $75 and AAA Premier $101.

Suggestions? Comments? Flames?

Cody
01-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Someone mentioned that it is a good idea to have AAA Plus for GSW2006. Is this true? What about AAA Premier?

what is this and why would you need it?

Cody
01-17-2006, 09:22 PM

Thats kinda funny. They used to serve us when we were 18. I don't think I've ever been id'd in Moab. Course, now that I'm older I don't even pay attention to it so maybe I have recently.

BigDaveZJ
01-17-2006, 09:31 PM
what is this and why would you need it?

Cody,
My guess is that AAA Plus covers additional towing mileage. I doubt that it would cover things like what you guys went through to get Mike Moore off Rusty Nail, but it could be nice to help get a rig home if everybody else's trailers are full.

nate
01-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah I'm not too worried about a dent here or there, it'll just add to the rest of them.. I just was picturing Moab to be like the tank trap in TTC I guess.

OverkillZJ
01-17-2006, 10:52 PM
AAA plus gives you something like 150 miles of towing, where regular gives you THREE.

I'm switching to plus.

Sandy R
01-17-2006, 11:36 PM
I just was picturing Moab to be like the tank trap in TTC I guess.

I spent many days at Hollister Hills and Moab is nothing like it. Moab is rockcrawling, and tank trap is.... not.

OverkillZJ
01-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Moab? Tank trap? WTF!

There are pics and video floating around you know, it's different :finga:

nate
01-18-2006, 01:25 AM
I was thinking more like the wheeling on the Suburban White guys videos... maybe that is a better way to put it.

nate
01-18-2006, 11:58 PM
I talked to the "powers that be" and looking good for me be around here June time.
Was asked to go to Lousianna in a couple weeks... wondering if I should go? Anything good there?? Barksdale AFB... wherever that's at.

Snowman
01-20-2006, 12:54 PM
My original post:

from BigDaveZJ

Cody,
My guess is that AAA Plus covers additional towing mileage. I doubt that it would cover things like what you guys went through to get Mike Moore off Rusty Nail, but it could be nice to help get a rig home if everybody else's trailers are full.

What started this question was this from the GSW2005 info page[http://gsw.mallcrawlin.com/] (http://gsw.mallcrawlin.com/])
It is also a good idea to have a road service assistance plan, i.e. AAA Plus or equivalent. In prior years we had one vehicle roll-over, a broken drive shaft, broken axle, blown radiator, several flat tires and plenty of scratches, dings and dents. :smt023

What concerns me is that at http://www.aaa-calif.com/mem/auto/ers.asp (http://www.aaa-calif.com/mem/auto/ers.asp) I found:
Towing Benefit (http://www.aaa-calif.com/mem/auto/ers.asp#towing) — Across U.S. and Canada
BenefitAAA Premier® Up to 200 miles on 1 tow, up to 100 miles on your remaining tows
AAA Plus® 100 miles
Classic Membership 7 miles

... and
Services Outside Southern California — Peace Of Mind Around the U.S. and Canada

In areas other than Southern California, Automobile Club of Southern California members are entitled to Roadside Assistance service from the local AAA Club. Members will be required to pay the AAA station for any service that the local AAA Club does not normally provide its members. An application for reimbursement of service charges may be submitted to the Auto Club for consideration.[italics added] :smt087

... and
The following services are not covered under the membership:

Service to vehicles located in an area not regularly traveled by private passenger automobiles (such as open fields, beaches, creek beds, private logging or forest service roads, snow-filled lanes or driveways) :mad:Is this coverage a good idea for GSW and GSSW?

Does this mean that I can get towed 200 miles in California and not in Utah or Arizona?

Does this mean that I would have to be back on paved road at GSW to be towed to the shops at the south end of Moab?

By the way, I live in Los Angeles so it would be a really long walk.

I just started off road driving and have been to one Jeep Jamboree at Moab, so your comments and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.:D

BigDaveZJ
01-20-2006, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't be TOO worried about it. You'd be amazed at what this group can accomplish. Last year, I bent an 8.8 shaft, bent both front UCA's, and ripped a rear UCA mount off the unibody. We got my ZJ mobile again on the trail. Another person ripped their steering box off the frame in the middle of a trail. For one reason or another, another box just couldn't be thrown on, so Cody drove his tow rig AND trailer in to where the Jeep broke IN THE RAIN to get the Jeep out. Between the parts we all carry, the knowledge of everyone involved, and a leave no one behind attitude, we should at least be able to get you back to town.

Snowman
01-20-2006, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't be TOO worried about it. You'd be amazed at what this group can accomplish. Last year, I bent an 8.8 shaft, bent both front UCA's, and ripped a rear UCA mount off the unibody. We got my ZJ mobile again on the trail. Another person ripped their steering box off the frame in the middle of a trail. For one reason or another, another box just couldn't be thrown on, so Cody drove his tow rig AND trailer in to where the Jeep broke IN THE RAIN to get the Jeep out. Between the parts we all carry, the knowledge of everyone involved, and a leave no one behind attitude, we should at least be able to get you back to town.

Thank you, that is what I needed to know.

Z
01-20-2006, 08:11 PM

Before potential first time GSWers freak out at the above description, this damage was realized on a very difficult trail. If you have a near-stocker, you won't be going on such trails (we trail leaders won't let you) so you won't be risking this kinda of damage.

However, if you do happen to get stuck, we should be able to get you back to Moab. In 8 years of GSW, I can't remember leaving any vehicle on the trail.

BigDaveZJ
01-20-2006, 08:40 PM
I guess I shoulda mentioned that? LOL

I typically lead a group through Poison Spider Mesa which is a nice easy to moderate trail that can be done in a stock vehicle if you have armor or dont mind a few nicks and dings and we've yet to have anything break in the 3 years or so that I've been leading that trail, and 4 or so running it with GSW.

Which brings up another point, if you're new to slick rock or don't have an uber built rig, I'd recommend Poison Spider Mesa. It's a simple trail, but you will be amazed at the things your rig can do on slick rock. Not sure when we'll be running it yet this year, but I'd check it out, classic Moab slick rock and some amazing scenery, and then there's always Pig Rock!

OverkillZJ
01-20-2006, 11:14 PM
and then there's always Pig Rock!
]

LMFAO, no one use us even know's who Mark is, but he's famour for that :smt044

BigDaveZJ
01-20-2006, 11:36 PM
]

LMFAO, no one use us even know's who Mark is, but he's famour for that :smt044

Holy crap, drunk much??? :screwy:

Cody
01-21-2006, 12:09 AM
I drug a dead Zebra out of pritchett one year too ;)

No man left behind, although sometimes the availability of parts in Moab can make quick repairs difficult. AAA would likely only pull you to Moab and then you'de be stuck anyways. So, at the event, one way or the other you're going to make it back to town. Outside of the event, you're on your own so AAA could be something nice to have.

Cody

OverkillZJ
01-21-2006, 12:38 AM
Holy crap, drunk much??? :screwy:

LMFAO, Not even drinking, but after reading what I tyed, wow. Looks like I had a Kraqa moment :)

Cue-Ball
01-21-2006, 01:08 AM
LMFAO, Not even drinking, but after reading what I tyed, wow. Looks like I had a Kraqa moment :)

Sure does.

BigDaveZJ
01-21-2006, 01:11 AM
At least with Kraqa you can figure out the point he's trying to get across, that post was more along the lines of Ron after the date with that chick and her pimp or whoever that rich dude was.

Krash80
01-21-2006, 02:07 AM
Hey! Her name was Carrie and she appreciates me!

Bustin' Loose
01-21-2006, 02:42 AM
You are just a dick in a glass jar Ron.

Krash80
01-21-2006, 02:46 AM
You are just a dick in a glass jar Ron.

Nice post for this to be in...now everyone who comes to GSW is going to know this. :eek:

Kraqa
01-21-2006, 05:10 AM
wo w wo wow o w draggin my good name throught the mud eh> i mean fuck i'm drunk but damn i go away for one second and there is propaganda all over this place. :flippoff2: gees.

Kraqa
01-21-2006, 05:10 AM
urr all gainst me

jsteves
01-21-2006, 10:43 AM
we've yet to have anything break in the 3 years or so that I've been leading that trail, and 4 or so running it with GSW.

well, keith broke that axle on PSM....but that was a totaly different story and a :smt073

RollinBallsDeep
01-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Im stoked, this is my first GSW. If anyone is comming out of nor-cal(sonoma county) and wants to convoy up let me know, might even have some extra space on the trailer.

-Marc

JohnBoulderCO
01-26-2006, 11:27 PM
well, keith broke that axle on PSM....but that was a totaly different story and a :smt073

Then he broke it again the next day on Hell's Revenge. I don't think his new axle will be breaking this year!:D

jsteves
01-27-2006, 02:34 AM
i dont see it happening this year

OverkillZJ
01-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Im stoked, this is my first GSW. If anyone is comming out of nor-cal(sonoma county) and wants to convoy up let me know, might even have some extra space on the trailer.

-Marc

If you've got space on the trailer, want to come to the East cost to pick my buggy up then head back? :smt041 :smt048

SCAMPER ZJ
02-04-2006, 09:49 PM
#49 - CONFIRMED!! :D

http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/05Carnage/images/05CarnageFall0228.jpg

BigDaveZJ
02-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Good job making Scott your courier so you get confirmed in time! LOL

JohnBoulderCO
02-04-2006, 10:18 PM
That's cutting it close.

Cue-Ball
02-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Good job making Scott your courier so you get confirmed in time! LOL

What ever it takes!:smt109

SCAMPER ZJ
02-05-2006, 03:29 PM
That's cutting it close.

Yeeesh, that WAS close, John - I gotta get my priorities straight!!

Scott, I owe you yet again:
1. Loaning me a tie rod in the parking lot en route Steelbender
2. Declining my Clayton's gift certificate and suggesting I sell it (to buy a new tie rod :))
3. Invites to wheelin' trips
4. Getting me to the CO4x4 M&G
5. Reminding me to register for GSW '06 AND offering to do the pick-up from my work and delivering it in person to Dave

You saved my summer, man! I would have been seriously bummin' if I didn't get to wheel with you guys again. Thanks too Dave and Tom for all the organizing.

See you in Moab!!:D

http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0125.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0042B.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0250.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0050B.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0096B.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0032B.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0019B.jpg

JohnBoulderCO
02-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Nice pics!!! Makes me want to go to Moab and I will in 3 weeks!!!!:D

SCAMPER ZJ
02-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Nice pics!!! Makes me want to go to Moab and I will in 3 weeks!!!!:D

Man, you're making me jealous!! But hey, I'm going the end of March, so I can't really complain! :D It's such a beautiful part of the country. . .

http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0045.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0069.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0132.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0285.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0080B.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0119B.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0123B.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0134B.jpg
http://www.jeepsite.net/C4W05Moab116.jpg
http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/Moab100.jpg
http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/Moab187.jpg
http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/Moab255.jpg
http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/Moab260.jpg
http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/Moab278.jpg

Cue-Ball
02-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Damn those are some awesome pix. Can't wait to get out there.

BigDaveZJ
02-06-2006, 06:09 PM
FYI,
GSW Registration has now moved into a Waiting List. This means that all waivers that haven't been confirmed will be put into a list based on the date that I receive them. If people do cancel their reservations, I will confirm people from the waiting list in the order that I received their waiver. If you do end up on the waiting list, I will contact you via the email you provided during registration within 72 hours of me receiving your waiver in the mail.

Krash80
02-07-2006, 01:48 AM
*cough cough* needs front locker *cough...ahem*

http://www.jeepsite.net/MOAB0096B.jpg

Don't feel bad, I need a front locker too. :toimonst:

EMTimZJ
02-07-2006, 02:00 AM
...but Hunter loves his true-track:smt055

Colorado 5.9
02-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Yeeesh, that WAS close, John - I gotta get my priorities straight!!

Scott, I owe you yet again:
1. Loaning me a tie rod in the parking lot en route Steelbender
2. Declining my Clayton's gift certificate and suggesting I sell it (to buy a new tie rod :))
3. Invites to wheelin' trips
4. Getting me to the CO4x4 M&G
5. Reminding me to register for GSW '06 AND offering to do the pick-up from my work and delivering it in person to Dave

You saved my summer, man! I would have been seriously bummin' if I didn't get to wheel with you guys again. Thanks too Dave and Tom for all the organizing.

See you in Moab!!:D

No problem. :) You have seen the God Father right? :D

SCAMPER ZJ
02-08-2006, 02:03 AM
No problem. :) You have seen the God Father right? :D

YIKES!!! :eek: :spit:

Northtrails
03-07-2006, 04:06 AM
Wow.... I learned my lesson.... sign up way early next time... I guess there is always 2007.

BigDaveZJ
03-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Wow.... I learned my lesson.... sign up way early next time... I guess there is always 2007.

You can still register and send your waiver in to get on the waiting list. The waiting list is still in the single digits so I'd say your chances are good.

Northtrails
03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
You can still register and send your waiver in to get on the waiting list. The waiting list is still in the single digits so I'd say your chances are good.

Waiver FEDEXed today. :)

nate
03-08-2006, 03:28 AM
Honestly if you would show up, do you think that people would send you home?

If that's the case, show up and we'll go wheeling somewhere in Moab, how's that.

Z
03-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Honestly if you would show up, do you think that people would send you home?

If that's the case, show up and we'll go wheeling somewhere in Moab, how's that.

This comes up every year and every year we have to say yes, we would "send you home".

BLM (as well as eco-extremists that live for posts like this) does (do) monitor these boards and does (do) monitor us in Moab. We can't have more than 50 vehicles in our event.

OverkillZJ
03-08-2006, 03:22 PM
If GSW is full (and Tom does have to set a hard-number cutoff at 50, or the whole event is at risk) - that doesn't mean you can't go to Moab and do your own thing. It's a great place, and there's always someone to wheel with. Kraqa and I and maybe a couple others will be staying in Moab after GSW for some more wheeling, as an unorganized get-together.

AgitatedPancake
03-08-2006, 04:20 PM
well Im #1 on the waiting list...hmmm. If its not around school time and I don't kill my jeep during GSW, I might be down for a few extra days afterwards.

zjmike4
03-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Last year I was there for a week before and a week after. After trails with GSW I would usually go run something else too (if the first trail was a short one). If you want, just come out and I wheel with you after GSW is over.

nate
03-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Yup. Bascially what I meant is if there's people that want to show up and aren't able to get in the GSW, I'll led them somewhere. I'm spending a week in Moab next month, so I think I can find a few trails.

If GSW is full (and Tom does have to set a hard-number cutoff at 50, or the whole event is at risk) - that doesn't mean you can't go to Moab and do your own thing. It's a great place, and there's always someone to wheel with. Kraqa and I and maybe a couple others will be staying in Moab after GSW for some more wheeling, as an unorganized get-together.

Northtrails
03-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks all, this will be a great event, got my fingers crossed on the waiting list.

I will also be in Moab for a week (May 14 - 20) and will post teaser pics to get things going. :)

Texas ZJ1
03-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Krash, Where's the pick of the college chick in the WJ?

Hunter

Texas ZJ1
03-11-2006, 09:23 PM
I do have a limited slip up front....:rolleyes:

Hunter

phillyzj
05-13-2006, 12:49 AM
MAN! i'm gonna be out there the end of june, not with my zj though. hopefully next year...

anyone gonna be around the end of june?

Snowman
05-13-2006, 07:03 PM
MAN! i'm gonna be out there the end of june, not with my zj though. hopefully next year...

anyone gonna be around the end of june?

Tough break [pun intended?], I understand what it feels like to have a rig not ready in time => been there, done that :pissed:

I plan to be around the end of June ... just not in Utah.:shake:
Phillyjz, You know the drill :rock: [From the "Arkansas Traveller"]:
"Have you lived here all your life?"
"Not yet."
:doh:

I am planning on going the the Labor Day Weekend Camp Out held by the Red Rock 4 Wheelers in Moab. http://www.rr4w.com/events.html
I have reservations in the Redstone Inn. They are not taking up reservations yet.
:smt038