PDA

View Full Version : Husky tools

norton
12-26-2005, 08:42 PM
My parents gave me a 160 piece mech. tool set. brand is Husky. anyone know whether these are gonna all break and shit on me? They look high quality, especially the wrenches. They also have a lifetime warranty thru Home Depot just like Craftsmen and Sears.

just curious on yalls thoughts.

ATL ZJ
12-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Husky tools aren't bad. I've found that the best way to kill a ratchet is to get it wet. A couple of the cheap ones I have are rusted from that and I've started replacing them. Sockets are sockets. A lot of the time, it is worth paying more for craftsman, snap-on, or another brand that replaces broken tools no questions asked. But to be entirely honest, I have broken more craftsman sockets than I have my cheap pittsburgh chinese ones. And I have had both on the end of a 1/2" impact very often..

Mtn WJ
12-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Husky tools are ok. They are Home Depots brand and for import hand tools they are ok. I have a couple of different tools from Home Depot and they have all held up great.

I prefer Craftsman but if someone gave me a set I would be proud to use the Huskys.

LouisianaZJ
12-27-2005, 02:00 AM
husky hand tools suck imho
i like the kobalt sockets myself, only have a few cause the warranty is not as good

most of my hand tools are craftsman cause of warranty but the newer ratchets look like cheap chinese junk

i just ordered a set of pitsberg impact sockets. lets see how long they last. i could not arffford the name brand junk this time

Krash80
12-27-2005, 02:11 AM
husky hand tools suck imho
i like the kobalt sockets myself, only have a few cause the warranty is not as good

most of my hand tools are craftsman cause of warranty but the newer ratchets look like cheap chinese junk

i just ordered a set of pitsberg impact sockets. lets see how long they last. i could not arffford the name brand junk this time

the pittsburg impact sockets from HF are awesome...i use the crap out of mine and haven't hurt one yet. and yes, the new crapsman ratchets are junk...i keep breaking those stupid plastic levers off of them. why the fuck would they make a ratchet with plastic parts???

DCHZJ
12-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Husky are ok,
I have an older set and it works just fine. dropped my ratchets in just about everything from blood to diesel fuel, still works.
Got mine as a gift to.
i have alot of Craftsman stuff and it works good. Must have missed the plastic ratches as i just bought a new 1/2 inch and it is all metal.

fr3db3ar
12-27-2005, 12:31 PM
why the fuck would they make a ratchet with plastic parts???

So they can rebuild them cheaper :smt071 even if it is more often :coffee:

jsteves
12-27-2005, 01:47 PM
So they can rebuild them cheaper :smt071 even if it is more often :coffee:

sons a bitches...when i break my next craftsman ratchet they better still give me a metal one.

anyway, if it has a lifetime warranty use it

BC98
12-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Ive got some Husky tools and they're pretty good. I had to have my 3/8" ratchet replaced after 9 months but they replaced it, no questions.

Ken L
12-27-2005, 03:28 PM
I have a Husky 1/2" impact gun, it has not given me any trouble at all.

norton
12-27-2005, 08:53 PM
sweet, thats what i was hoping to hear. the warranty says: bring it to any home depot and they will replace it no questions.

i guess theyre trying to compete with craftsmen/sears. i broke em in the day i got em fucking weith my battery and changin the oil. they got oily but they still work. imagine that

xtremzj
01-15-2006, 06:02 AM
i have all snap on tools, honestly huskeys arnt bad for the price

zj-monster
01-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Speaking of snap-on, I just got a set of wrenches from Kobalt. Funny thing is, everyone at Lowes will tell ya that they are made by snap-on. Not true, they are owned by the same company but not manufactured in the same shop.

They look great and hold up fine so far.

rob92xj
01-24-2006, 08:14 AM
I'm done buying anything from Snap On I have a drawer in my tool box at work with nothing but broken Snap On crap, granted most of my tools are Snap On but the last dealer I had refused to replace/repair anything unless you were buying something from him.