PDA

View Full Version : no heat... its too cold for this sheeeot

zjeepin
12-21-2005, 11:01 AM
so the last two times i've driven my 94 5.2 the engine temp gets up to normal but i've got no heat. I've not really driven it far enough for it to start to overheat but it gets up to 210 with no heat. thermostat?

fr3db3ar
12-21-2005, 11:34 AM
If your engine heats up but you have no heat coming out of your vents then most likely something is clogged.....either your water hoses into the heater core or the core itself... Do you get the fan to come on but only blow cold air?

zjeepin
12-21-2005, 11:37 AM
If your engine heats up but you have no heat coming out of your vents then most likely something is clogged.....either your water hoses into the heater core or the core itself... Do you get the fan to come on but only blow cold air?

yes, the fan comes on but only blows cold air.

Ken L
12-21-2005, 01:01 PM
When it gets to operating temp, can you feel coolant circulating in the top hose to the radiator? If yes, are the hoses to the heater core hot all the way back to the firewall?

May end up having to take the hoses to the heater core off, seeing if either one of them is plugged somehow and then checking to see if the core is plugged.

zjeepin
12-21-2005, 05:39 PM
thanks for the input guys i'll pull the heater hoses loose and see if there clogged. i really hope i don't have to pull the heater core. i guess i can run a coat hanger or something thru the heater hoses but how do i see if the heater core is clogged?

LouisianaZJ
12-21-2005, 06:09 PM
coolant flush

zjeepin
12-21-2005, 06:16 PM
i'll have time to work on it tomorrow after work, i'll let you guys know what i find...thanks

DR.BOOST
12-21-2005, 07:52 PM
DON'T use a coat hanger to clean it out. if it isn't leaking, use a garden hose to flush it out. remove both hoses from the motor and run water through it in both directions. the garden hose's pressure won't burst the heater core, so push the hoses together for a tight seal. it should shoot out a lot of crap.

zjeepin
12-23-2005, 05:07 PM
ok so i found that my coolant was really low, started to add fluid and it started running out of the weep hole in the water pump. replaced the water pump. replaced my dead a/c pump at the same time... now the fucker wont start, turns over but no spark.. any ideas?

OverkillZJ
12-23-2005, 05:50 PM
:doh:
ok so i found that my coolant was really low, started to add fluid and it started running out of the weep hole in the water pump. replaced the water pump. replaced my dead a/c pump at the same time... now the fucker wont start, turns over but no spark.. any ideas?

Jesus, your jeep hates you huh? Sure you didn't damage the wires going to the coil or something?

What about those o2 wires we ghetto taped?

zjeepin
12-23-2005, 06:36 PM
this is my dd not my rig but this one does hate me. there is a temp sensor right behind the ac pump i thought id damaged so replaced it and still no dice. its throwing codes 12- check battery connections and 54- no signal from cam position sensor.. any thoughts on that one?

OverkillZJ
12-23-2005, 06:54 PM
I bet the no signal from CPS is what's keeping that puppy from starting, not sure what'd cause it though. I thought that the code "12' just meant that the batteries been disconnected within the last 50 starts, so no big.

zjeepin
12-27-2005, 10:37 AM
im going to give replacing the cam position sensor a try

zjeepin
12-27-2005, 07:16 PM
replaced cam ps, no go. im going to napa now for a crank position sensor....fawk this