PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had trouble finding a power steering hose?

grnd93
12-19-2005, 11:12 PM
I finallly decided to replace the power steering pressure hose that's been leaking for a couple months. My ZJ is a 93 (Early 93 according to the VIN), 4.0, 4wd. I called around to a few places and only one said they had it in stock. Since the prices were all about the same I decided to go ahead and get the one that was available. Well, it was not the right one, not even close. After spending about 15-20 minutes with the counter lady looking a diagrams and every year, engine combo I could think of I couldn't find one that was the same. On my way back home I called the dealer...twice as much, and couldn't get it until Thursday. I decided to stop at the parts store right off base (the first place i called), looked at their diagram and decided it was indeed the right one...so I'll have it tomorrow. Have any other 93 owners had trouble finding this part? The place I went to was not one of those chains where the sales people know nothing but what their computer tells them, and the lady honestly tried...looking thru a few catalogs to try and find the right one. Kinda frustrating.