PDA

View Full Version : REAR SWAY BAR

death-mobile
12-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Is there anywhere to get a rear sway bar that is bigger than ONE INCH for a WJ? I can't seem to find any vendor that does. Do you think there is a shop that would fab a rear sway bar for me?

nathaniel
12-18-2005, 12:25 PM
And the reason you need such a large bar in the rear is?

Just go with addco's front and rear and extend the rear endlinks to put the bar back down at the correct angle or go with some long arms at 5.5"

JohnBoulderCO
12-18-2005, 12:34 PM
1" is plenty unless you are making a street racer, which you sig indicates no.
I run the factory rear sway bar with extended rear links.
You can either buy extended ones or make yours longer.

death-mobile
12-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Yea, I think i'm convinced that the Addco is plenty enough now. I'd have long arms now if I had the money.

MrShoeBoy
01-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Do you want the rear sway bar to help control and balance flex offroad or do you want the rear sway bar to help with body roll on the road?

If you want the rear sway for offroad flex control then you really dont want a bar bigger. Stick with the stocker. I have seen other bars work for the rear ranging from 5/8" up to 3/4" but anything bigger will start to hurt flex more than try to help balance everything out.

On the street, a bigger rear bar will make the vehicle handle more neutral if it currently understeers or plows through turns. If the rear bar is too stiff, the vehicle will oversteer which can be fun but not when you dont want it or are not expecting it.

The generic swaybars that are available from companies such as Stock Car Products have different diameters and are also adjustable in how long of an arm you use. They are similar to the Currie Antirock but are MUCH cheaper if you can fab up the mount yourself.

AARON