PDA

View Full Version : Code 97 on 94 LT1

Tommy
12-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Hey guys wondering if you can give me a hand. A buddy has a scrambler with a 94 lt1 out of a police cruiser. We are trying to get the thing smogged and the referee wont pass it becuase it is getting this code. Anybody know how to delete this shit or short it out to clear it??

Tommy
12-12-2005, 04:16 PM
22 views no replies. That sucks. We found a guy in Louisiana who has some software to delete the code. Just didn't feel confortable about sending the whole computer.

JpRngr
12-13-2005, 04:23 AM
Doesn't anyone around there have a scanner or AllData that can tell you what the code is and give you an idea what to look at? If not, if I remember, I'll look it up at work. Send me a PM if you need me to with exactly what car it came from.

Corey

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
12-13-2005, 04:47 AM
97: transmission voltage too low.

that was from a quick google search... doesn't seem right. :confused:

Tommy
12-13-2005, 05:57 AM
We knew what the coad meant. 97 VSS, something like looking for a signal from a digital dash. The scrambler has a mechanical dash. i was just wondering if we could short it out or something. Trick the computer.... We got the same thing PUMA.

1994 caprice, squad car.

Thanks fellas

Tommy
12-13-2005, 05:59 AM
My dad has the alldata at his shop. But I am in vegas and haven't been back home for a couple of weeks. Not to mention i haven't been talking to him, makes it harder to ask fo a favor.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
12-13-2005, 11:05 AM
bypass the sensor if you can't get it working right.

Tommy
12-13-2005, 12:44 PM
That is what is f'd. The damn thing has run fine 4 like three years. The only reason it is an issue is because he wants to get it street legal and the damn referee wants the code cleared.

JpRngr
12-13-2005, 04:49 PM
The code is for the vehicle speed sensor. Did he put a digital one in when he installed it? The speed sensor would be in the output of the t-case. I believe there are aftermarket ones available. If you need the procedure for diagnosing the actual code(if he does have a VSS), I printed it off our AllData at work.

Corey

CurtP
12-14-2005, 01:31 AM
I have TunerCat (I do my own LT1 tuning) and checked - there is no way to tell the computer to ignore that sensor that I can find. You guys will have to figure out how to fool the computer into thinking that sensor is connected and operational. It may be as easy as plugging the sensor in and tie wrapping it up out of the way. I'll see if I can get in touch with a buddy of mine who's a professional tuner (who did most of my tuning) and ask him if he knows of a way or if one of the other tuning programs (like LT1_Edit) can turn off VSS (or if I'm just overlooking it in TunerCat).