PDA

View Full Version : Claytons LA what Muffler??

97trxuszj
12-09-2005, 04:56 AM
I am curious what mufflers you guys that have claytons LA are running? Have you just modified your exhaust mounts to fit around the rear brackets on the unibody? My flow master is a little to tight but I would like to keep it. Thanks

Tommy
12-09-2005, 06:33 AM
I am not running claytons but I had similiar issues as with that kit when i did my rear four link. I used a flowmaster, called the hushmaster or something like that. 24.5" long and only 5 " wide. Hardly sounds hush, though........

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Tommy_M/exhaustpics010.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Tommy_M/exhaustpics014.jpg

OverkillZJ
12-09-2005, 12:37 PM
I think you'll have to clock the flowmaster if you really want to keep it. A round muffler fits much easier, like magnaflow / Moroso / Cherry bomb etc.

BMRisko
12-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Dynomax Bullet...you can even add a turn-down if you'd like.

OverkillZJ
12-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Dynomax Bullet...you can even add a turn-down if you'd like.

Ya but even you said the bullet was hella loud :cheer2:

I've been happy with my Moroso spiral muffler; it's the size / weight of a bullet (so just as easy for a turn down) and I swear the thing sounds very similar to a flowmaster!

97trxuszj
12-09-2005, 05:38 PM
cool thanks for the input I'll look for that muffler overkill

Cue-Ball
12-09-2005, 05:44 PM
I replaced my cat with a CarSounds cat and moved it forward 6" or so, then put a Flowmaster 40 right behind the cat and did a simple turndown out of the muffler.

I love it.

goldensd
12-10-2005, 02:41 AM
I did similar to Cue-Ball. I went with the smaller aftermarket Cat, and cut the exhaust pipe ahead of the cat to installed the cat directly above the new crossmember, and then used an Edelbrock SDT with a turndown. With this I was able to pull the muffler up so that nothing was hanging below the frame rails, and part of the muffler is even hidden above my skid plate. Also the sound of the SDT is impressive, not overly loud and very powerful sounding.

nate
12-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Tommy, the flowmaster muffler your talking about is the hushpower.

What I did for my exhuast is a small cat, whatever the one Kolak sell, I forget now. Then a Dynomax 12" race muffler and then a turndown. It's all I could fit. It's loud and annoying, but better than nothing.

ptownTSI
12-11-2005, 04:41 PM
you mean with just the cat on its not quiet enough?

:)

i'm going to run a bullet and a stock cat.

Tommy
12-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Tommy, the flowmaster muffler your talking about is the hushpower.

What I did for my exhuast is a small cat, whatever the one Kolak sell, I forget now. Then a Dynomax 12" race muffler and then a turndown. It's all I could fit. It's loud and annoying, but better than nothing.

I knew it was some shit like that.