PDA

View Full Version : ABS Sensor

JHKolb
12-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Background: 2001 WJ, Clayton's Long Arms in front w/4" Tera Springs.

It seems that when disconnected I am flexing the front to the point where I am pulling the wires out of the front ABS sensors. Has anyone else had this problem and found a potential cure?

I am ordering new sensors today and my only thought at this point is to make some sort of harness extension - any other ideas?

THX

JeepinHank
12-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Just cut `em and leave it that way!

Actually, an extension would be fine. Use the extra from your current abs wires. You'll probably want to solder the connections and use heat shrink / electrical tape to keep them water proof.

JHKolb
12-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Just cut `em and leave it that way!

Actually, an extension would be fine. Use the extra from your current abs wires. You'll probably want to solder the connections and use heat shrink / electrical tape to keep them water proof.

I would just leave it but it throws a code which would fail me for state inspection here in Pennsylvania so I need to fix it.

Good idea to use the old wire to make an extension! Thanks.

JohnBoulderCO
12-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Look for places where the wire might be hanging on things. The joint where the UCA attaches to the LCA sometimes pulls on the ABS line.

I think I was able to unhook the line somewhere along the body to get more slack.

I have 6+" of lift and 26" long front shocks and no issues at full droop. I posted some pics in the Staging Area where you can see my front droop.

Kraqa
12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
one one wants to see your pic john!!! :flipoff2:

and for the guy that said cut it. I woudl talk to Mnt WJ. the ABS sensors on WJ's also act as the speedo sensors. i do not knwo how many you can cut before you loose yoru speedo.

JohnBoulderCO
12-07-2005, 05:15 PM
You don't need the front ones for the speedo. The rear are needed for the speedo. I ran with no front tone rings for a while.

one one or no one??? :flipoff2: