PDA

View Full Version : Yota Axles?

KeepItCrunk
12-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Well, i got this buddy with an XJ. He was gonna do a 44 in the front and a 8.8 in the rear... i thought it was kinda pointles, because its basically what it comes with, jsut stronger, but thats my opinion. I like the whole "if my axle breaks my wheel won't fall off/be held on my caliper bolts lol". Not bashing the 8.8 at all tho, dont get me wrong, great axle. But hes going to keep the 30 now, and my other friend is letting a 93 4 popper rear yota axle go for 50 bucks. Its got 4.56's in it already, only prob is the brake line block is on the other side... but that can be arranged. I wanna know what you opinion of all that is. go? no go?

DougMangi
12-07-2005, 12:59 AM
i would look for the V6 carrier for the axle... buy it, switch in the V6 carrier and your golden, i have seen a toyota truck with the rear axle with the v6 carrier on 44' boggers... he dropped the clutch and hopped up a rock... and the axle was fine... i was AMAZED especially with that tiny little pumpkin...

ILikeMud
12-07-2005, 01:39 AM
Toyota rears are damn strong. They weak point it the front axle.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
12-07-2005, 01:49 AM
seriously if I had to do over I would have gotten the Toy 8" axle instead of the 8.8.

The V6 2WD version has the beefier (of the yota axles) 30 spline shafts. And if you can find the right year some have a 5x4.5 bolt pattern. This along with the fact that many of them have discs brakes, are semi-floating, have better clearance, removable third members, and are close to stock width make them a great option for an axle swap.

KeepItCrunk
12-07-2005, 06:39 PM
ooh yeaahhhh. i forgot about the 2wd and the 5 on 4.5... dammit. well, hey, 50 bucks is 50 bucks. well anyways, consider it done!

Kraqa
12-07-2005, 08:34 PM
the front wont work unless you swap to a passenger side t-case.

the rears are pritty strong for there size. But there is no way i woudl bash an 8.8. i have yet to see peopel break one of those with a fully loaded ZJ on 37's.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
12-08-2005, 02:48 AM
the front wont work unless you swap to a passenger side t-case.

the rears are pritty strong for there size. But there is no way i woudl bash an 8.8. i have yet to see peopel break one of those with a fully loaded ZJ on 37's.

a buddy of mine with an exploder on 35's has destroyed 3 carriers. thats pretty much the weak point. But if you have the $bling$ for a detroit... problem solved.

KeepItCrunk
12-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Yeah. im not bashing at all, im jsut saying i like a yota 8 inch better. Im a fan of the 3rd members. Hoepfully this wap will take place this weekend...

zjinprogress
12-08-2005, 10:25 PM
hey, i thought that the common ifs rear axle was only 58.5 inches wide (1.5 inches narrower than xj rears)? sure you can run spacers which could also eliminate the bp problem but then you have the minor issue of xj leaves not fitting between the drums. i think your best bet for a yota rear would be a 2wd v6 taco, about right width, e-locker optional and 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern......still wanna go up north this weekend justin?

Mike

KeepItCrunk
12-09-2005, 12:07 AM
heres a car, i can get it in. dont ever doubt my fab skills. dude, hes retarded anyways, he admitted its only gonna be a daily driver with mild offroading. so worse comes to worse, traction bar and lift blocks. itll work. but no, i don't think that im gonna go up north... i dont have money to spend on somethin i really dont wanna do cuase im not a park oriented guy on a snowboard. so idk. maybe maybe not

Kraqa
12-09-2005, 11:48 AM
heres a car, i can get it in. dont ever doubt my fab skills. dude, hes retarded anyways, he admitted its only gonna be a daily driver with mild offroading. so worse comes to worse, traction bar and lift blocks. itll work. but no, i don't think that im gonna go up north... i dont have money to spend on somethin i really dont wanna do cuase im not a park oriented guy on a snowboard. so idk. maybe maybe not

WTF are you talking about?

fr3db3ar
12-09-2005, 03:49 PM
I think he took his avatar too seriously :weedman:

zjinprogress
12-09-2005, 09:58 PM
he's talking to me......goody i aint doubting your fab skills, never was never will until i see something fail, i am sure it's the same way just vise verca with myself. i do understand that cheap is good but cheap isn't always right (like us building adjustable control arms for 3 to 4 inches?)....however unless you inboard the springs you're gonna have to get a little silly with the work that will be involved. what do you mena but blocks and traction bars? i honestly do not believe it is worth it, but that's just me.....and what the hell do i know?:smt119 anyluck on the trackbar mount fab? but anywho it won't be a full on park session just some good steeps and deeps....but w/e lata guy....keep us posted you have evidently got a few people interested.:popcorn:

Kraqa
12-09-2005, 11:44 PM
he's talking to me......goody i aint doubting your fab skills, never was never will until i see something fail, i am sure it's the same way just vise verca with myself. i do understand that cheap is good but cheap isn't always right (like us building adjustable control arms for 3 to 4 inches?)....however unless you inboard the springs you're gonna have to get a little silly with the work that will be involved. what do you mena but blocks and traction bars? i honestly do not believe it is worth it, but that's just me.....and what the hell do i know?:smt119 anyluck on the trackbar mount fab? but anywho it won't be a full on park session just some good steeps and deeps....but w/e lata guy....keep us posted you have evidently got a few people interested.:popcorn:

damn, i liek new faces but i can't understand a word there talkign about.

KeepItCrunk
12-10-2005, 02:07 AM
sry, sometimes i make no sense when i have little sleep.... this week involved much fab at work, much sitting in a cab grooming a ski slope and much training ppl to do it... gotto work at a ski area to understand. but yes, fr3db3ar... i did choose tweak, because he reminds me of myself how he thinks wayyy to deeply into things... but we found another yota axle, its outta a 4wd this time for sure, i guess the first one we found was bogus. same price ;-). so now i got the stronger housing... but 6 lug. meh, i don't think god will mind if we have 12 lugs in the back and 10 in the front, long as it works and looks decent haha. i still wanna hear opinions! thanks dawgssss. later days