PDA

View Full Version : left vs right axle droop?

DJJordache
11-29-2005, 09:52 PM
on short arms can one side of the axle droop more than the other? I was thinkin that the driver might b/c the trackbar and drag link hook to the pass side.

I only aks this b/c I have extended brake lines that I got from Kevin a long time ago and I recently got em out to install them and they are different lengths..... bonehead me for not checking in the when I got em! NEways I see Kevin no longer sells brakelines so I figure I'd put the longer one on the side that might droop more and call it a day:rolleyes:

JohnBoulderCO
11-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Yes, that happens with the WJ on short arms. I forgot which side drops lower since going to LA's.

Troy
11-29-2005, 11:51 PM
The driver's side will droop more than the passenger side, like you said, because of the trackbar and drag link on the passenger side.

Kraqa
11-30-2005, 03:27 AM
ya you can elliminate that this buy inverting your frame mount for the track bar and getting high misalignment stearing TRE's/

DJJordache
11-30-2005, 11:44 AM
ya you can elliminate that this buy inverting your frame mount for the track bar and getting high misalignment stearing TRE's/
yeahhhhhhh about that......... this is my DD for now but one day it will be hella modified, I have big plans but little $$ at the moment, college tuition is a kick in the modifying budget, but I won't have to mess with a finanical aid bill when I graduate:D

Krash80
11-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Your sig says you already have Kevin's trackbar conversion. So the limiting point of your droop on your passenger side (regardless of control arms and shocks), is the point at which the TRE at the pitman arm maxes out and binds.

your driver's side is free to droop as long as the conrol arms, shock, and brake lines will let it.

-Ron-

rrubio
12-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Yes, that happens with the WJ on short arms. I forgot which side drops lower since going to LA's.
Driver side is the droopy one.Never lost a coil on the passenger side myself.Lost my drivers side a few times:D