PDA

View Full Version : No Heat

JeepsterJay
11-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Well here is the deal, I have no heat & it is getting cold so I gotta figure this out.

I have a 1993 ZJ, 4.0l.

The heater does not blow air what so ever, hot or cold. I thought it was the blower motor so I took it out & tested it connected directly to the battery & it came on. I tried changing the relays under the glove compartment & this did not seem to make a difference either.

Any ideas on wtf it could be.

KeepItCrunk
12-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Dude, i know. Im having that exact same problem. I'm have somewhat of a short temper and im the first to admit it. It was cold as hell the first time that happened, so i punched it... and it came on!!! And it shuts off time to time... But a gentle "love tap" seems to be the cure. As soon as i get some time on my hands im gonna swap in a new HVAC control unit because thats all thats left in my opinion. But its a jeep so there probaily like 7 other little things hidden away that are controling it too... When i swap in the new controls ill let u know if it cured it or not.

DR.BOOST
12-21-2005, 07:58 PM
first unhook the blower motor. check with a test light to see if there is power there with the fan speed on medium. if there is then check the blower restitor. it controls fan speed by resistance and it is common to go bad due to corrosion. fair warning it may be UNDER the dash