PDA

View Full Version : CHanged water pump, now it starts then dies immediately...

BMRisko
11-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Well I got the water pump, hoses and thermostat changed in about 3 hours. I had to jump it off and it ran fine for awhile until I shut it off. Then I added some more coolant and went back to start it and it started and then died immediately. Pressing the gas pedal will keep it running until I let off and then it just dies. I had the battery unplugged, so maybe it could be a security issue? If so, then how did it start up and run fine the first time?

:smt108

BMRisko
11-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Well I disconnected the battery again for about 5 minutes to reset the computer incase it was something security related. It seems to run fine now with no hint of stalling! Crazy ZJs...

OverkillZJ
11-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Been there, we have some picky bitches for vehicles. Everyting I reset the ECU it acts differently until it relearns.

BMRisko
11-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Been there, we have some picky bitches for vehicles. Everyting I reset the ECU it acts differently until it relearns.

Yea, when I test drove it, the shift points seemed to be alot higher. Certainly a cranky bitch if you ask me. BUT, no coolant leaks! :smt025