PDA

View Full Version : MC vendor rules

ATL ZJ
10-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Let me first say I am speaking as a nonvendor... As a user, I would love to see this site draw lots of vendors. The free giveaway aspect not only is cool for those that will be active anyways, but is an incentive for people who might not otherwise pay for the premium subscription to do so.

I noticed on the revised MC vendor rules that a requirement is that each vendor "be active in the forums." That requirement might discourage certain companies from becoming vendors on the site. I know of two specific companies in my area alone that would more than likely pay to become vendors, but wouldn't necessarily want to commit to being extremely active in other forums. One of them would at least offer discounts, and would likely extend a free giveaway or two as well, depending on the size of the readership here.

It seems like paying $40/year and offering free giveaways and/or discounts to paying members is reason enough to grant vendor status. Forcing vendors to participate in discussions seems like it would only limit the growth of the site.

I do realize that this site may be a good ways away from the free giveaway stage, but nevertheless, the rules should promote a good forum atmosphere and seek to attract more vendors, which in turn draw more paying members, and therefore funding for the site. It's good for everybody.

BigDaveZJ
10-18-2005, 01:12 PM
All that's meant by be active in the forums is to respond to questions about their product in a timely manner.