PDA

View Full Version : Looking for writeup's, tech articles, and trip reports

BigDaveZJ
10-13-2005, 04:48 PM
As we continue to expand MallCrawlin we need the content to expand upon! Since I figure that between all of the members here we have installed, broke, and fixed almost every ZJ product out there and tried damn near every modification, we're a great source for some informative articles about ZJ products and such. There have already been quite a few contributions made into the FAQ and Write-Up section, but I'm looking to get some more. We have 19 articles written already and posted up. I'm looking for more of the same type of thing, just not the same ones that are already done! Whether it be more of a "review" on the product, or a writeup on how to install it, or an FAQ on some more of the basic stuff, we're interested in it.

Also, in the future I'm hoping to do some sort of featured trail on a monthly basis where each month we'll highlight someone's trip report on one of their favorite local trails. So be sure to post up your trip reports with lots of pictures and good writing. If we pick your trip, we'll host the pics you want to go with it on the MallCrawlin server too.

And since wheeling season is coming to an end (if not over already for some of us) and we're starting on our winter projects, be sure to take some time out and let us know WTF you're doing to your rig!

Cue-Ball
10-15-2005, 06:02 PM
I think I sent a write up I have for my Stull billet grill to Matt, I did it for JU a while back.

Jeepin' Wolf
10-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Dave, since JeepArena.net is no more you're welcome to all that was there. Granted it's mostly old, newbie stuff so it's your call. LMK.

BigDaveZJ
10-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Adam,
I don't even remember what all was over there, the more the merrier though!

Fry
10-16-2005, 05:35 PM
I had tp pull my sunroof out and fix it, you want a write up on it?

BigDaveZJ
10-16-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm looking for writeups that talk about modifying your rig to make it more capable off-road, not really fixing stuff like that.

OverkillZJ
10-16-2005, 06:07 PM
I made myself a sunroof by cutting the roof off, does that count?

Kraqa
10-16-2005, 06:28 PM
i'm workign on a "Weldin to the unibody 101"

TrojanMan
10-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Should I combine everything from Dino & such and do a MC stroker writeup?

OverkillZJ
10-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Should I combine everything from Dino & such and do a MC stroker writeup?

ONLY if you get Dino's permission. That's important.

JohnBoulderCO
10-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Dave, since JeepArena.net is no more you're welcome to all that was there. Granted it's mostly old, newbie stuff so it's your call. LMK.

Adam, that was good stuff for a WJ'er starting down the road. It's where most WJ'ers got their info, including me, when doing a BB, etc.

Dave, as WJ prices come down, you will see more of them showing up on this board, so having Adam's stuff available will keep the WJ JU questions down. I suggest you post ALL of Adam's write ups here.

John

OverkillZJ
10-17-2005, 11:48 AM
I'd agree about Adam's info, there was some good stuff in there!

Michael
10-17-2005, 01:10 PM
good idea. would love to see more writeups and tech articles. i would write some but someone stole upon my digital camera.

Jeepin' Wolf
10-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Matt, PM sent. The zip is basically the site sans non-writeup stuff (usual default docs are writeup.html and/or pictures.html). I could rewrite it to comply with some other standard/look but that would take some time. All is straight HTML.

OverkillZJ
10-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks Adam, downloading now! Hopefully I'll find time to get it integrated with the site soon, or maybe it'll be enough to kick-start the FAQ dave wants to integrate with the main page.

Man, I need like, cloned.