PDA

View Full Version : Transmission code question

ddoyle00
10-12-2005, 07:13 AM
So, I was on the trail in my 2000 GC 4.0 and became stuck in about 2.5 ft. of water. Eventually I got her out and five minutes later, I get a check engine light. My acceleration is crap and my idle is nil. I used to pull forward at 10 mph idle with my mods. My code is P1757-govenor control system +3 PSI for 1st 2nd 3rd gear. I am not driving it as I am deployed with the Army, but is it a cheap fix?

ddoyle00
10-18-2005, 02:28 PM
For gods sake, does nobody have any words of wisdom or experience with this code?

PassRunnerZJ
10-18-2005, 08:05 PM
First thought: Did you check/change the transmission fluid? Second thougth: Did you search this site or the Internet? A quick google and looking at some basic pages it looks like the trans pump isn't building up right amount of pressure.

To head off the stupid comments: If you have looked then say so initially, but don't act/sound pissy because no one has the holly grail of an answer. Perhaps no one has experianced this code or has been on the board.

Since you are deployed--Thank You for your service--is there anyone that can check these things for you? If it just needs a fluid change then you got off easy and consider the $80 or so a silly tax for getting stuck in the water. Hopefully it won't need more.

rrubio
10-27-2005, 01:29 PM
I had that code on my WJ a few months ago and I ended up replacing the soleniod and the sensor for the tranny.Very easy to get to,once you drop the tranny pan it's right there.Once I replaced them it shifted even better and cured my idling problems.I had the same symtoms as you did.
Ramon

ddoyle00
10-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the insight. 74 days till I am back in the states. I will try to explain to my parents what needs to be done, but they get a glazed look in their eyes when I start talking about my Jeep.