PDA

View Full Version : ok here we go

Wulf711
10-10-2005, 11:56 AM
I was drivin home and the XJ just died....Well it was burping through the throttle body everytime I tried to start it. So now it is dead.
I had it towed home and I checked the codes and I got a TPS and two O2 sensor codes. I have replaced the TPS, CPS, plugs but not the O2 sensors. It will turn but not start, killed the battery trying. No codes will come up now. Anyone have any clues? Could it be the ECM? Could a CKS (camshaft position sensor) actually cause this issue. Since this is the only sensor left that has to do with the spark and fuel timing. Any clues or help would be grateful. I am ready to pull out the 30-06 and send this poor bastard to hell....

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
check all your connections on your sensors before you go around replacing shit. Also did you reset your battery or clear the codes after putting in new sensors? break out the voltmeter and check out the CamPS, CrankPS, etc.

Jim311
10-10-2005, 08:25 PM
IAC? Crankshaft position sensor (inside distributor) bad coil?

Wulf711
10-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Puma297 - Well I cleared the battery since I killed it and had to charge it up again. Same shit. I am going to try another battery. All sensors plugged in. CPS (camshaft position sensor) and the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) replaced.

Jim311 - The 2000 has the ignition rail so it does not have a distributor. the Camshaft Position Sensor is located where the Distro should be. The Crankshaft position Sensor (CKS) is located on the bell housing.

Anyone have any experiance with the CKS going? What about teh ECM?

Could 2 bad O2 sensors stop it from running at all?

2jeepsforus
10-11-2005, 10:19 PM
I had a 88 Buick park Ave, that had the Crankshaft positioning sensor go in it, it would still fire and actually run, but extremely shitty.

As far as the ECM, that went too on the same car and it would not start or even turn on a single light, it was completely dead, when that went out.

Figure out if it is electrical, fuel, or spark related.... then go from there...

Those sensors are nasty, good luck with it

Hope this helps a little bit...