PDA

View Full Version : 95 ZJ Engine Problems!

ny1995zj
10-10-2005, 12:21 AM
I have been working on this thing ever since I bought it a year ago attempting to get it in 100% operable condition..... I've worked through every problem that it had, but this one is getting the best of me......

Idle is pretty even, but the engine stumbles like it wants to stall. Sometimes stalls when I shift into reverse or drive from Neutral. Most commonly when shifting from Reverse through Neutral and then to Drive. Oil pressure sits around 80 at idle and at cruising RPM's until engine warms, then pressure drops when at idle, and only raises back up as RPM's build.

- Have fixed leaks/clogs in CCV system
- Have carb cleaned TB area
- Have replaced plugs and wires
- Have replaced rear main seal / oil pan gasket
- Have drained, replaced filter, and refilled tranny fluid
- Air filter is clean - very little oil deposit
- Engine never overheats, stays the same temp once warmed.

...It is just running like crap for the most part... when slowing down to stop sign or light, it feels like it is going to stall. Never have stalled it once it is already in gear, only when shifting into R or D.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JeepinHank
10-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Fuel filter?

Sudz
10-10-2005, 10:58 AM
replace the IAC ~ Idle Air Control Valve

OverkillZJ
10-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Another vote for IAC.

ZJake
10-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Could be IAC or the place in the TB where the air enters through the IAC. You might try removing the throttle body and cleanin her up. That helped out with a similar problem I had.

TrojanMan
10-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Run seafoam through the intake manifold, do a search as i've told people how to do it before. If that doesn't help, IAC.