PDA

View Full Version : Messed with my tranny now I got problems

notsofun
10-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Ok kind of a long story, but here goes.... On Saturday I was going to install a transgo shift kit into my 42re, so I drop the valve body out and than decide since it was getting dark and I was a little too unknowledgable to start pulling the valve body apart at that point so I put everything back together, once its back together I go to start the jeep and it will only start in neutral which turned out that gearshift cable is misadjusted, which I fixed the next morning. Well I thought everything was good until I actually started drving around. What happens (and its predominantly on left turns when I accelerate out of them) is the transmission will rev up like its in neutral to somewhere around 3k and than will grab and drive normally, what should I try and do to fix this.. Fluid levels are good and I tired adjusting the throttle valve cable which made things a little bit better, but the problem is still definitly there. You guys think change the filter and do a band adjustment?

JeepinHank
10-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Check your fluid level again...

I usually have to top mine off 1 or 2 times after a fluid / filter change.

If your fluid is good, I'm not much help.

notsofun
10-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeah I feel really stupid now for not checking it properly, how bad do you think it was for me to have gone about 60 miles without enough fluid in there... do you think I should drop the pan again and give everything a new filter and such?

JeepinHank
10-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Top it off and see how it drives...

You don't see any shiny slivers on the dip stick do you?

If you don't seen any metal flakes or any other signs of terrible damage, I wouldn't worry too much about the 60 miles.

notsofun
10-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Cool thanks man.