PDA

View Full Version : Modified Radius Arms

Jcbzj
09-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Anyone have any pics of some modified Ford radius arms? I picked up a cheap "79" Bronco hp44, which then turned out to be a 77, which means cast radius arm mounts. So Im going to pick up some radius arms and start cutting...I know msvance on here did the same thing, and Im thinking about doing something like that, but Im worried about the strength of the welds, because it doesnt seem like there is much material to weld. Heres the picture that Im talking about:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/jeepcjzj/ZJ%20build-up/PICT0224.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions? Im thinking about ditching this axle as well since I got it so cheap, but thats just more time that I dont really want to waste, and I know this is doable

Kraqa
09-21-2005, 01:52 AM
if your really al that worried then just extend the gussets all the way to the tube on the end that the JJ threads into. basiclly sleeve the hole arm.

msvance
09-21-2005, 08:58 PM
there's quite a bit of weld there. i'm not worried about it at all. the other way to do it is chop it and extend it similar to the way you "wrist it" and just make it the length you want and use a fixed end. i just wanted the adjustability. i am sure there are other ways as well. you kind find a lot of other ideas on ford sites....

Jcbzj
09-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah I want to do it the way you did it, I'd really like to keep adjustablity... I have a Rubicon radius arm lower which i was planning on welding to the Ford radius arm...is there any way you could get some more pictures of the area where the radius arm is welded? I see the plug welds in the bottom but just trying to see what the front looks like

msvance
09-29-2005, 08:39 PM
there are also plugs on the sides and weld in the front on the top and bottom. doubt i can get any pics anytime soon. work and new baby has me swamped. both my jeeps will have to wait for some attention until later this winter. hope the description helps. good luck.