PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Broke something in the engine compartment!

gdupjeep
09-20-2005, 12:40 AM
I have a 1993 Grand Cherokee with the inline 6. While I was installing Rusty's Intake, I broke a small plastic fitting... Anyway, here are some links to images. (I'm not sure how to post pics here.)

Any idea what these things are and how I can at least fix them temporarily?

There are 3 "loose" cords. The one in the second image looks different. The other two had similar plastic fittings inside of the rubber.

Here's a link to the pic:

http://www.pixelprofessor.com/jeep.jpg

LouisianaZJ
09-20-2005, 12:48 AM
you are going to need to buy a little vac fitting to reconnect the one that goes into the intake manifold

the front two should be fine just left open, zip tied to a hose in the engine

gdupjeep
09-20-2005, 01:04 AM
There are a total of 3 loose tubes.

One of them (in the second picture) I think may have already been loose.

The other two have/had plastic on the inside and it seems like they should both be connected to the manifold.

Does anyone have a picture of what it "should" look like in there?

Also, where would I get that fitting? Jeep dealer or should an auto parts store carry it?

Damn plastic on this old truck is so brittle.

JeepinHank
09-20-2005, 09:19 AM
The one in the second pic looks like the breather/vent tube for your front axle. You just need to secure it some place in the engine compartment. Higher is definitely better. You should be able to attach somewhere on or near the new intake heat shield.

Not sure where you would get the fitting. You could try an auto parts store first, and if all else fails go to the dealership.

TrojanMan
09-20-2005, 12:40 PM
The one in the second pic looks like the breather/vent tube for your front axle. You just need to secure it some place in the engine compartment. Higher is definitely better. You should be able to attach somewhere on or near the new intake heat shield.

Not sure where you would get the fitting. You could try an auto parts store first, and if all else fails go to the dealership.

when I needed last minute fittings.. I used electrical tape. Cheap? Yes. Ghetto? Yes. Worked? Definately.