PDA

View Full Version : Official Thread For Problems With The New Board

BigDaveZJ
09-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Okay everyone, if you're having an issue with the new board, please post it here so we can get to fixing it.

BigDaveZJ
09-16-2005, 06:50 PM
And I already know about the issue where the PM's dont show up as being read. So don't bother me with that! And also, rather than PM'ing or IM'ing me or Matt with any problems, PLEASE POST THEM HERE.

deadman
09-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Not an issue, I am probably just too stupid to find it...

"new posts since last visit" button

BigDaveZJ
09-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Not an issue, I am probably just too stupid to find it...

"new posts since last visit" button

Matt and I were a little pissed about this too until we found. Right below the MallCrawlin logo at the top are some menu buttons. Turns out the "Links" button is actually a drop-down menu and you can select new posts from there. Also, it will show you this on the main page too if you are logged in.

Kraqa
09-16-2005, 08:03 PM
there is no quik reply button, no avitars, other then that the forum rocks. i like it.

oh ya. i'm not a mod anymore. lol

BigDaveZJ
09-16-2005, 08:10 PM
there is no quik reply button,

Look just to the right of the Quote button . . . . .

And we're working on getting all the permissions stuff setup too.

BigDaveZJ
09-16-2005, 08:11 PM
:smt117 We have chicken!!!

Kraqa
09-16-2005, 09:56 PM
ahh i c the quik reply but it is hard to tell what that button does cause it isn't labled.

BigDaveZJ
09-16-2005, 09:57 PM
ahh i c the quik reply but it is hard to tell what that button does cause it isn't labled.

Just mouse over and it'll pop up.

sevenslats
09-17-2005, 02:16 AM
It would be nice if we could edit our own posts. As in, I forgot to spell check, I forgot to include a phone number/location...

deadman
09-17-2005, 04:23 AM
Matt and I were a little pissed about this too until we found. Right below the MallCrawlin logo at the top are some menu buttons. Turns out the "Links" button is actually a drop-down menu and you can select new posts from there. Also, it will show you this on the main page too if you are logged in.

Found it...thanks!

BigDaveZJ
09-17-2005, 11:10 AM
It would be nice if we could edit our own posts. As in, I forgot to spell check, I forgot to include a phone number/location...

As we work on all of the permissions stuff like that will come back. Most everything is set to default settings right now.

ATL ZJ
09-17-2005, 01:30 PM
On the old board, posts would show up bolded or with the orange tag next to them when I clicked in each subforum. That doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Can we get that back? that's how I know what to read.

BigDaveZJ
09-17-2005, 01:33 PM
On the old board, posts would show up bolded or with the orange tag next to them when I clicked in each subforum. That doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Can we get that back? that's how I know what to read.

There's a little square next to the new posts that looks like this http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/afterdark/buttons/firstnew.gif and the thread title should be bolded as well.

ATL ZJ
09-17-2005, 01:42 PM
That works sometimes for me... Maybe all the time, I dont know. But when I'd clicked on the subforums with blue checkmarks that mean there is an updated thread inside since my last visit, no bolded threads showed up.

BigDaveZJ
09-17-2005, 03:45 PM
We're working on trying to figure out avatars right now, well at least I am while Matt listens to me bitch about it. Anyways, the way they work will stay the same as before, except we'll have some generic ones already hosted on the board for you. You can still link to an avatar hosted somewhere else, and paying members will be allowed to host a custom avatar on the site.

BigDaveZJ
09-17-2005, 04:26 PM
There's a bunch of generic avatars up now, Simpsons, South Park, & Futurama. I'm trying to find a good Family Guy pack too, so you guys can use those until I figure out how the fawk to make the old way work.

Swamp boy
09-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I cant get the IMG and HTTP tags to work..

Could be because I use Mozilla.. I havent tried it with IE..

BigDaveZJ
09-17-2005, 06:39 PM
I cant get the IMG and HTTP tags to work..

Could be because I use Mozilla.. I havent tried it with IE..

They should work in the post itself, IMG tags and such are currently disabled in sigs.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
09-17-2005, 06:55 PM
not that this is really a problem, but is there any way to get each page to hold 10 replies instead of 20? i like to read the last couple posts without scrolling through 17 i already have seen.

deadman
09-17-2005, 06:57 PM
not that this is really a problem, but is there any way to get each page to hold 10 replies instead of 20? i like to read the last couple posts without scrolling through 17 i already have seen.

Sure... User CP -> Options -> Thread Display Options -> Number of Posts to Show Per Page -> choose between 5 - 60.

We got smilies! :-D

Cue-Ball
09-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Seem to be having trouble linking a custom avatar.

deadman
09-17-2005, 07:14 PM
It doesn't work yet... dave seems to be working on it and gave us the simpsons etc. in the meantime:

There's a bunch of generic avatars up now, Simpsons, South Park, & Futurama. I'm trying to find a good Family Guy pack too, so you guys can use those until I figure out how the fawk to make the old way work.

OverkillZJ
09-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Dave can't figure out why remote avatars don't work yet, and my brains too fried to fix anything for the rest of the weekend. I'm done for now, I need to catch up on everything I should've been doing for the past 3 days while I migrated the board. Once my head clears I'll get back to it, get the gallery going, and fix whatever Dave breaks :finga:

Cue-Ball
09-17-2005, 07:30 PM
No worries Matt.

NOW go get some SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dasVettemeister
09-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Dave can't figure out why remote avatars don't work yet, and my brains too fried to fix anything for the rest of the weekend. I'm done for now, I need to catch up on everything I should've been doing for the past 3 days while I migrated the board. Once my head clears I'll get back to it, get the gallery going, and fix whatever Dave breaks :finga:

Matt, have I ever told you you're my hero? You are the wind benea......... errrrr...... I mean good job dude, thanks for all the hard work.:rolleyes:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
09-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Forgot to mention the "FJU" forum. that was my favorite. :rofl:

OverkillZJ
09-18-2005, 02:30 AM
Forgot to mention the "FJU" forum. that was my favorite. :rofl:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it never existed :smt029

But if it really DID exist, I'm sure it would be back once we're done adding everyone to the correct usergroups.

Jeepinparrothead
09-18-2005, 09:57 AM
This new forum is great and all, but what about the button to just read all the new post since last visit? I miss that, maybe I just don't know where it is. Oh well let me know if it is gone or if I just missed it. Thanks.

BigDaveZJ
09-18-2005, 12:20 PM
This new forum is great and all, but what about the button to just read all the new post since last visit? I miss that, maybe I just don't know where it is. Oh well let me know if it is gone or if I just missed it. Thanks.

Under the MallCrawlin logo, there's some buttons, one of them says links, click it, then click new posts. Also available from the front page.

Cue-Ball
09-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Popcorn smiley does not seem to be working

OverkillZJ
09-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Popcorn smiley does not seem to be working

:popcorn:

ahahaha, that's funny. It's because
:p is a default VBB smiley and is part of
:popcorn:

I'll add it to my list!

A member of pgh-offroad found a prob none of us did. If you're not logged into the board, you can only get a post at a time because it defaults to "threaded discusstion" and that sucks.

Cue-Ball
09-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Does not look right to me, does it look right to you?

dasVettemeister
09-20-2005, 06:28 PM
When editing a post, the 'delete post' option does not work.

OverkillZJ
09-20-2005, 06:38 PM
That's a permissions setting. I don't know if we want you to be able to delete posts or take something you said back after a certain amount of time :finga:

dasVettemeister
09-20-2005, 07:10 PM
That's a permissions setting. I don't know if we want you to be able to delete posts or take something you said back after a certain amount of time :finga:

Sometimes it's easier to just start over if you make a mistake in a post. Set it up so that it can only be deleted until someone posts after you. Newbie.:yawinkle:

OverkillZJ
09-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Ya, I know. I'm pretty much at the point right now that where I'm not going to "fix" anything since there's a good chance I'll just be doing it again, LOL.

TrojanMan
10-20-2005, 04:18 PM
when is it going to stop saying I have one new private message?

OverkillZJ
10-20-2005, 04:28 PM
When you read it.

TrojanMan
10-20-2005, 04:44 PM
I did.. I went back and re-read what I thought the culprit was... none of them show up as new when I go into my box.

OverkillZJ
10-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Hm, it was a definate problem before the 3.5 upgrade, but it's working OK now. I think you might have something left over since before the upgrade. If you open each one up, it should go away. If not, start deleting!

Believe it or not, Admins don't have access to that kind of thing, it's a "protect users privacy" kind of deal. If it still says unread once you do all that, I'll have to get into the database and take a look but that's an involved PITA.

TrojanMan
10-20-2005, 05:07 PM
i told it to mark all as read.. I probably should have tried that but I didn't know if you'd fixed it yet or not.

nmzj
12-01-2005, 03:28 PM
From the new posts page I get:

This forum requires that you wait 8 seconds between searches. Please try again in 2535 seconds.

when I press the new posts button again.

nmzj
12-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Apparently, its everytime I hit the button now

This forum requires that you wait 8 seconds between searches. Please try again in 2287 seconds.

BigDaveZJ
12-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Jason,
I just eliminated the "waiting period" between searches, did that fix your problem?

nmzj
12-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Yep, works fine.

norton
12-13-2005, 04:04 AM
the subscription thing is starting to make me mad. I cant get it to stop sending me e-mails. for a while i didnt really care, but in the past month ive been using my e-mail alot more for cummication with teachers and other groups at my school. i get like 10 emails a day.

i have tried changing the settings to:

do not subscribe
do not send email notification

the other 3 options are somethings like notfiy daily, monthly, or yearly? i dont want notification AT ALL

neither has seemed to work, i say therefore how the fawk can i get it to stop sending me emails without making anything from the mallcrawlin domain automatically junk mail?

if someone could please help me out it would be much appreciated

OverkillZJ
12-13-2005, 11:24 AM
the subscription thing is starting to make me mad. I cant get it to stop sending me e-mails. for a while i didnt really care, but in the past month ive been using my e-mail alot more for cummication with teachers and other groups at my school. i get like 10 emails a day.

i have tried changing the settings to:

do not subscribe
do not send email notification

the other 3 options are somethings like notfiy daily, monthly, or yearly? i dont want notification AT ALL

neither has seemed to work, i say therefore how the fawk can i get it to stop sending me emails without making anything from the mallcrawlin domain automatically junk mail?

if someone could please help me out it would be much appreciated

Just because you told it not to subscribe to future threads doesn't mean you unsubscribed from all the other threads you posted in (ya, like this one.)

Go into your UserCP and clear your subscriptions, and stop bitching about "junk mail" you subscribed for :finga:

norton
12-14-2005, 01:55 AM
i DID unsubscribe from them .. guess i forgot to mention that. then set it to do not subscribe, yet it still keeps on subscribing me to them.

:overkill:

Gus
12-19-2005, 07:20 PM
I can't seem to get a custom Avatar. Please help Dave.

Justin

BigDaveZJ
12-19-2005, 07:24 PM
You gotta cough up $20 for a custom avatar!

Gus
12-19-2005, 10:08 PM
You gotta cough up $20 for a custom avatar!

What about all I have done for you? LOL

2jeepsforus
12-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Why is the date always off on the forum? not really complaining just wondering.......:smt029

OverkillZJ
12-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Why is the date always off on the forum? not really complaining just wondering.......:smt029

At the moment: long complicated story. The datacenter my server is in is pissing me off with that, it'd be nice if the date or time zone would be the same from one hour to the next!

Should be fixed shortly after the new year.

Krash80
12-23-2005, 03:30 AM

Cause Kraqa the Kanadian is probably in charge of it. "Hurry up guys...it's 76 past the decahour!"