PDA

View Full Version : A reasonably priced winch

ATL ZJ
09-15-2005, 12:31 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7987729153&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7987729153&fromMakeTra ck=true)

I'm in the market for something decent to pull my Jeep. I don't want to pay a ton, but I need a winch at this point for the trails I'm running. I don't want to be the guy who always has to mooch the winch line off somebody else. Sooo, anybody running this one?

Jim311
09-15-2005, 07:10 AM
I know a few people who have one, so I've seen it in action on numerous occaisions. It's seriously one of the slowest winches I've ever seen, but if that's not an issue to you then it's not a big deal.

ATL ZJ
09-15-2005, 04:13 PM
I bought it.

As much as I didnt want to, I need one for the next trailride. And the one after that. And the one after that. If it's a piece of crap, the 2 year warranty should help out. After 2 years, I'll have a real job and can replace it with a warn if it seems necessary.

97trxuszj
09-15-2005, 10:10 PM
if you decide you don't like it its too slow I'll buy it

ATL ZJ
09-16-2005, 02:15 PM
if you decide you don't like it its too slow I'll buy it

Sounds good.

Swamp boy
09-17-2005, 05:49 PM
You can get a superwinch for about $500 brand new and its just as fast as the warn 9000 and a little stronger... I did tons of research before I bought mine and I think I got a great deal..

I have a superwinch EP9000 and have used it several times and it is very strong .Already lasted longer than the piece of shit Warn XD9000I that I had on my rig...That thing was a total shit box..

Of course I would not rate all warns on that one winch ...If I knew then what I know now I would have bought a different Warn... But spending almost $1000 on it and it not lasting me 6 months left a very bad taste in my mouth..

I was still willing to buy a warn but when I found the superwinch and read about it and talked to a few guys who are running them...

My mind was made up..

My superwinch has been totally submerged several times ..Covered in mud from going down steep ass hills and rained on since I have owned it.. And it works like a champ everytime...(Like a good winch should..)

My main bragging point is that its just as good as a Warn but for hundreds less...

Check out quadratec for specs on all kinds of winches..
http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sgdynamo.exe?HTNAME=jeep/google/Jeep_winches.html&checked=y

deadman
09-17-2005, 06:51 PM
I like the 9.5XP... Expensive, yes! But I like that it is sealed. We got a lot of mud/waterholes over here, and I don't want to take my winch apart after every use. I just wish they would come out with a 12000XP version.

zjoe
09-19-2005, 09:49 AM
The ebay link doesn't go anywhere. I was just wondering what kind of winch you guys were talking about? I'm thinkin mile marker because the slow speed came up. Someday I'll be able to afford a winch, so I always check out these threads.

ATL ZJ
09-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Fixed the link.

ATL ZJ
11-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Update:

I've had a little time to play with the winch. I'm running the roller fairlead and steel cable for the time being. It's slow. Other than that, I have no complaints. I mounted the solenoid on top of the bumper, right in front of the grille, and it's easy enough to access there. For anyone considering the MM 9k, go for it. But have witty responses ready when everybody else on the trail gets tired of waiting. :D

SuicideTireZJ
11-19-2005, 07:21 PM
I didn't see the ebay listing because it's off of ebay, but I have a MM9K too, if that's what yours is. Slow as a mutha but pulls strong enough. Nothing really wrong with it.