PDA

View Full Version : 93 42RE TCM pin out

servouxh
09-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Does anybody have the pin out of the 42RE TCM. I just need that picture of the connector at the end of the wireing diagrams in the FSM. I have a 93 and bought a 93 FSM but it only has info on the AW4. I basically need to know if I can run the Trans. on just the TCM or if it needs to be connected to the ECM as well. As far as I can tell with the AW4 it does not. But any help would be appreciated.

norton
09-14-2005, 08:43 PM
ive got the supplementary service manual (just covers the 42re) for my 93. im lost as to where to find that shiat though.

whats a TCM? tranny control module? i flipped thru it and couldnt find anything with the initials TCM. ya, i am newb. gimme some more info and maybe i can find it in there for ya.

servouxh
09-14-2005, 09:35 PM
T.C.M. = Transmission Control Module. (Good deductive reasoning) In my service manual at the end of the electrical section there is a section that shows all of the major electrical connectors on the vehicle, as if you were looking directly at the mating end of it (head on). In the picture all the pins are numbered. Off to the side all the numbers have a label as to where the wire on that pin goes to or comes from.

If you could get me a scan of that page that would be awesome just hit me up with a PM for Email or something.

Also where did you get your 42RE book.

norton
09-14-2005, 11:22 PM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2797/11212959ri.jpg

i take it thats what your talking about thats in your FSM? theres nothing like that in the 42RE book. it covers basic tranny diagnosis, general info (NOTHING about the TCM) telle how to do in-vehicle service, specs, and how to take the bitch apart and put it back together.

why do you think its showing for the AW4? mine doesnt label it as for the 42RE, AW4, etc.. unless its referenced somewhere at the begining of those diagrams. but that doesnt make sense seeing as how they lable the PCM for the 5.2 and a seperate for the 4.0. unless the ONLY tranny covered in the whole book is the AW4? guess that would make sense as to why they made a supplemental book for the 42RE.

both the FSM and the 42RE book came with my Jeep :supz: yes i realize im a lucky bastage.

servouxh
09-15-2005, 06:42 PM
That is the picture I was talking about thanks Norton. Umm but the pic in my book looks nothing like that at all. Mine has way fewer feeds than that. Hmmm. I'll have to look at the actual connector on my wireing harness and check it out. Thanks a bunch that really helps me out.

Does your screen name have anything to do with the motorcycle?

norton
09-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Does your screen name have anything to do with the motorcycle?

glad i could help.

ummm no.

my name is Scott but when i registered it was taken so i looked left and saw norton antivirus software and voila! i shoulda just picked my nick name in real life.

Scotty G (my last name starts with 'g' .. im no a gangsta)